View Poll Results: Should Tobacco be banned and Marijuana legalized?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 30.56%
  • No

    14 38.89%
  • Other

    11 30.56%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 74

Thread: Tobacco Is Illegal In Amsterdam

  1. #41
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Tobacco Is Illegal In Amsterdam

    Quote Originally Posted by jr602az View Post
    MJ does not cause any cancer
    MJ helps cure cancer and all disease's

    Watch the video about "Marijuana Driving Test" on YouTube and you will see Proof.
    If MJ helped cure all diseases don't ya think they would be handing it out like crazy? Or is this just another conspiracy theory to where the evil medical community do not wish to do that because big pharma will lose money? That I can get behind but tossing out a claim that it helps with ALL diseases is silly at best.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  2. #42
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Tobacco Is Illegal In Amsterdam

    Quote Originally Posted by jr602az View Post
    How can you say that it does not cure cancer? It does cure cancer and i got proof of it.
    Did you know that prescription drugs are coped like the marijuana from the THC.

    The governments has lied to use about the war on drugs because it was all part of racism to arrest all blacks and Mexicans for slavery in prison.

    Marijuana was used in America back in the 1930s for personal and medically.
    Ahh.. The good ole' days.. Back in the day Coke was made with real coke.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  3. #43
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Tobacco Is Illegal In Amsterdam

    Quote Originally Posted by jr602az View Post
    The THC are Cristal's from the marijuana
    Prescription drugs are coped from the THC

    Prescription drugs don't work because it cusses more damage in your body and kills over 800,000 people per year in America alone.
    Well I am here to tell ya that without my scripts? I would either be dead or in a mental hospital. Prescription drugs have saved many a life
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  4. #44
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,729

    Re: Tobacco Is Illegal In Amsterdam

    Quote Originally Posted by jr602az View Post
    How can you say that it does not cure cancer? It does cure cancer and i got proof of it.
    Did you know that prescription drugs are coped like the marijuana from the THC.

    The governments has lied to use about the war on drugs because it was all part of racism to arrest all blacks and Mexicans for slavery in prison.

    Marijuana was used in America back in the 1930s for personal and medically.
    Weed DOES cause cancer. The lead guitar player from my last band underwent a lung resection, where half his lung was taken out at the VA Hospital here in Houston not long ago. He smoked weed to feel better from his diabetes and lupus. Weed contains tar, just like tobacco does, and it is tar, not nicotine, that causes cancer. In fact, weed contains more tar than tobacco. However, if someone wants to smoke cigarettes, or if someone wants to smoke weed, it is none of anybody else business, especially that of the government.
    Last edited by danarhea; 10-07-09 at 02:06 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Last Seen
    12-23-09 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    616

    Re: Tobacco Is Illegal In Amsterdam

    tobacco is much more addictive and significantly worse for your health however it actually IMPROVES a person's ability to FUNCTION in most circumstances.

    nicotine is a STIMULANT which DRAMATICALLY reduces appetite and provides a STRONG BOOST for confidence. i don't smoke but i have used nicotine gum for both appetite suppression and to increase confidence when going out. nicotine also increases testosterone significantly. the combined effect of lowered appetite, increased energy and testosterone can noticeably enhance a male's appearance, therefore nicotine is used by some bodybuilders ( very few, but i was one of them ).

    marijuana on the other hand is a STRONG DOWNER.

    in other words smoking tobacco will kill you but it won't interfere with your ability to work, drive or hold a conversation.

    marijuana will likely not hurt your health but it will VERY LIKELY DESTROY your lifestyle.

    aside from Comedians i don't know too many successful potheads.

    i voted "other" because ALL DRUGS should be legal ( but heavily taxed ).

    ps: to those considering the use of nicotine gum or patch for what i used it for please keep in mind - nicotine causes HEART DISEASE.
    Last edited by NEUROSPORT; 10-07-09 at 03:10 AM.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Tobacco Is Illegal In Amsterdam

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I don't mean to be a jerk, but I'm not remotely sympathetic for this death. I'm just relieved that he didn't kill anyone else.
    Yea, what a worthless piece of garbage he was...

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Tobacco Is Illegal In Amsterdam

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I would have to find the posts, but I've debated this before. MJ ABSOLUTELY impairs one's ability to drive effectively. All legitimate research shows this. From what I recall the two arguments that marijuana users present...both of which are easily refuted are:

    1) Marijuana users report being able to drive better after having smoked.

    This is a ridiculous fallacy. They are impaired and under the influence of a substance and have no ability to assess their driving ability.

    2) Marijuana users report driving more carefully after having smoked.

    This demonstrates that they KNOW their perceptions are impaired; they cannot drive normally...they must take extra care or their driving will be problematic.

    Remember something. Marijuana impairs your perceptions...that's what it is supposed to do. Therefore, one CANNOT behave similarly to one who is not under the influence.
    I know hundreds and hundreds of people who have driven while high. The vast majority of them are doing okay...

  8. #48
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    09-10-10 @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22

    Re: Tobacco Is Illegal In Amsterdam

    I don't care either way whether marijuana or tobacco are legal, as long as they are illegal in public spaces. Ruin your own lungs all you want, but leave mine and the lungs of my family members out of it.
    mom of four boys
    married to a soldier

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Last Seen
    12-23-09 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    616

    Re: Tobacco Is Illegal In Amsterdam

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I know hundreds and hundreds of people who have driven while high. The vast majority of them are doing okay...
    when you're stoned you should only drive nice cars and drive them in a meditative manner. get a good feel for the engine, transmission and steering. you can't experience a car the same way when sober.

    i don't enjoy doing more than 40 mph when stoned.

    i don't enjoy doing less than 90 mph when drunk.

    driving on every drug is different. but the only drugs from my experience that improve your driving are provigil, amphetamines and cocaine. most drugs make you drive worse.

    driving on mushrooms is next to impossible - i kept confusing driveways and intersections.

  10. #50
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Tobacco Is Illegal In Amsterdam

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    to be fair here (since I know you hate blanket statement arguments ) not all drugs can fit into this.

    The most hazardous thing about marijuana is the delivery method.. if we were to compare an ingested pill to ingested marijuana then the body damage argument is shifted dramatically.
    This is dependent on whether each substance was used as directed.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •