View Poll Results: should a bus driver be allowed to kick crying babies and their caregivers off the bus

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It's distracting to him and irritating to others

    19 27.14%
  • In some circumstances I suppose

    12 17.14%
  • I'm not sure

    4 5.71%
  • No, children cry sometimes, they have a right to ride the bus

    30 42.86%
  • I hate kids and they shouldn't be allowed in public

    5 7.14%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 142

Thread: Is it okay for a bus driver to kick a mother with crying toddler off the bus?

  1. #61
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Is it okay for a bus driver to kick a mother with crying toddler off the bus?

    Quote Originally Posted by emdash View Post
    it was an overreaction, no question. but it is not a crying baby, it's a yelling toddler. I think this distinction is important. it seems more of a failure on the mother's part if she can't control a kid vs. she can't make a baby stop crying.



    Sure a failure on the mothers part. I think that's irrellevant. You don't throw a mother and a "20 month old" out onto the street cause you are annoyed.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #62
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Is it okay for a bus driver to kick a mother with crying toddler off the bus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Because we don't throw mothers and thier babies out onto the street miles from home because we are annoyed?
    Sure, I think a warning should have been given unless the public complained. I do think drivers reserve the right to kick anyone they deem is distracting off their bus.


  3. #63
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Is it okay for a bus driver to kick a mother with crying toddler off the bus?

    Quote Originally Posted by emdash View Post
    it is probably a cultural one though.
    My absolute favourite programme by BBC.
    Demonstrates exactly the cultural divide and differences when it comes to discipline.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGJm-Ux_i9E"]YouTube - WORLD'S STRICTEST PARENTS : JAMAICA PART I[/ame]

    5 onwards is my favourite part and is my view.
    I would recommend watching it all tho


  4. #64
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 11:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Is it okay for a bus driver to kick a mother with crying toddler off the bus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Sure a failure on the mothers part. I think that's irrellevant. You don't throw a mother and a "20 month old" out onto the street cause you are annoyed.
    it is old fashioned to be so chivalrous. just like it is old-fashioned to raise respectful kids.

  5. #65
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Is it okay for a bus driver to kick a mother with crying toddler off the bus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Sure, I think a warning should have been given unless the public complained. I do think drivers reserve the right to kick anyone they deem is distracting off their bus.



    Drop her off at the police station, and explain to the constabulatory, what, and why.


    abandoning a mother and child in a strange neigborhood because you were annoyed?


    Come now, I'm supposed to be the hearless conservative.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #66
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Is it okay for a bus driver to kick a mother with crying toddler off the bus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Drop her off at the police station, and explain to the constabulatory, what, and why.


    abandoning a mother and child in a strange neigborhood because you were annoyed?


    Come now, I'm supposed to be the hearless conservative.
    Yeah right, divert from the course of the journey and make everyone else late? Erm. No thanks.

    Maybe the Mother should learn to control the toddler before taking it out in public.


  7. #67
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Is it okay for a bus driver to kick a mother with crying toddler off the bus?

    Quote Originally Posted by emdash View Post
    it is old fashioned to be so chivalrous. just like it is old-fashioned to raise respectful kids.



    My kid will be. I can not teach others kids the same, sadly, however the fact that this woman may be raising a savage, does not excuse me acting like one.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #68
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Is it okay for a bus driver to kick a mother with crying toddler off the bus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Yeah right, divert from the course of the journey and make everyone else late? Erm. No thanks.

    Maybe the Mother should learn to control the toddler before taking it out in public.



    You heartless bitch! (j/k)
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #69
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Is it okay for a bus driver to kick a mother with crying toddler off the bus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    You heartless bitch! (j/k)
    Lol =P

    I am heartless when it comes to things like this and I admit it. I am a disciplinarian and I am proud of that. At least any children that come out of me will know to defer to their elders

    I have as good as told parents of children who spit on other members of the public and act up to control their children or do not take them out in public.


  10. #70
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Is it okay for a bus driver to kick a mother with crying toddler off the bus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    My kid will be. I can not teach others kids the same, sadly, however the fact that this woman may be raising a savage, does not excuse me acting like one.
    Brilliant post, Rev.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •