View Poll Results: Can Brainwave Entertainment substitute real Drugs ?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 30.00%
  • No

    4 40.00%
  • Other

    3 30.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: Can Brainwave Entertainment substitute real Drugs ?

  1. #11
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: Can Brainwave Entertainment substitute real Drugs ?

    Well, being in my late 30s now, most of the people I know who never gave up their pot use are noticeably affected today, a few of them severely. They kept going because they were convinced it "wasn't harmful."
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #12
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Can Brainwave Entertainment substitute real Drugs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Well, being in my late 30s now, most of the people I know who never gave up their pot use are noticeably affected today, a few of them severely. They kept going because they were convinced it "wasn't harmful."
    I know five individuals who smoke pot on a daily basis and are in their thirties. Of those five, only one of them is a serious space cadet. The rest of them have careers and families. I think that the individuals who "smoke themselves stupid" are simply predisposed to those things. I've never met someone who was of even above average intelligence who smoked themselves stupid.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #13
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: Can Brainwave Entertainment substitute real Drugs ?

    Everyone expects that they themselves will be the ones who get through unscathed.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #14
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Can Brainwave Entertainment substitute real Drugs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Everyone expects that they themselves will be the ones who get through unscathed.
    And from my experience, they are right. What is your point?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Can Brainwave Entertainment substitute real Drugs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    What about drugs that are not harmful?
    I am not convinced that marijuana is harmful...am I obtuse ?
    But why even take any drug, harmful or not ?

    This so-called digital drug - IMO, not good.
    If we are "high" all of the time, then we are not "high" any longer. A"high" cannot exist without a "low".
    Last edited by earthworm; 10-01-09 at 04:09 PM. Reason: hi and lo

  6. #16
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: Can Brainwave Entertainment substitute real Drugs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    And from my experience, they are right. What is your point?
    Quite simple. Anything that alters your body chemistry will have ill effects over time. Thus, nothing is "harmless," unless you happen to be one of the lucky few which a natural tolerance or immunity.

    I know people who have smoked for 50 years and had no ill effects, too, but I certainly wouldn't recommend smoking to people in general.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #17
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Can Brainwave Entertainment substitute real Drugs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    I am not convinced that marijuana is harmful...am I obtuse?
    I do not think marijuana is harmful, either. I do not think you are being obtuse at all.

    But why even take any drug, harmful or not ?
    To alter one's consciousness.

    This so-called digital drug - IMO, not good.
    If we are "high" all of the time, then we are not "high" any longer. A"high" cannot exist without a "low".
    I do not think anyone suggested we be "high all of the time." Everything in moderation.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #18
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Can Brainwave Entertainment substitute real Drugs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Quite simple. Anything that alters your body chemistry will have ill effects over time.
    I highly doubt this. Care to source this information?

    Thus, nothing is "harmless," unless you happen to be one of the lucky few which a natural tolerance or immunity.
    Again, I disagree.

    I know people who have smoked for 50 years and had no ill effects, too, but I certainly wouldn't recommend smoking to people in general.
    I do not recommend illegal substances to people in general, especially psychedelics. Psychedelic drugs cause introspection and can force you to face your demons and a lot of people are ill-equipped to do so.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #19
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: Can Brainwave Entertainment substitute real Drugs ?

    [ame=http://www.google.com/search?q=long-term+effects+of+marijuana+use&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a]long-term effects of marijuana use - Google Search[/ame]
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Can Brainwave Entertainment substitute real Drugs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Any drug is harmful in excess.
    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    ...And? Food is harmful in excess. Medicine is harmful in excess. Sleep is harmful in excess.
    The definition of Excess is

    a going beyond what is regarded as customary or proper: to talk to excess.
    immoderate indulgence; intemperance in eating, drinking, etc.

    Excess Definition | Definition of Excess at Dictionary.com


    So the point he made was anything done that is going beyond what is regarded as customary or proper: to talk to excess. is in fact going beyond what is regarded as customary or proper: to talk to excess.

    In other words.....a meaningless, circular argument. Anything done to extreme .......is being done to extreme.
    Last edited by Devil505; 10-03-09 at 02:30 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •