View Poll Results: Should getting a sex change be legal?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it should be legal

    96 80.67%
  • No, it should be illegal

    20 16.81%
  • I don't know

    3 2.52%
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 195

Thread: Should getting a sex change be legal?

  1. #31
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    this is what always happens when these kinds of debates.

    snip..

    it gets very childish. this is why a debate of this nature is not even a learning experience.
    If it is not ridiculous for doctors to facilitate the mental illness of one individual such as modifying body parts so someone can pretend to be a gender they are not then it is not ridiculous for doctors to modify the body parts of someone else to pretend to be something they are not period. You can't have it both ways.


    people bring up ridiculous examples that are not even realistic.
    A man pretending to be a woman is still a man even if his penis is missing and he has a fake vagina and fake breasts and hormone pills to give him a semi feminine appearance. A lack of technology does not stop people from modifying their body to pretend to be something they are not.


    The Lizardman - Main Index

    STALKINGCAT.NET Welcomes You!

    TOM LEPPARD "The Leopard Man" TATTOO PICS PHOTOS PICTURES OF HIS TATTOOS

    Katzen Ink -- Austin, TX
    Last edited by jamesrage; 09-29-09 at 09:06 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #32
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    So if someone claimed to be a duck trapped in a human's body then we should allows doctors to add prosthetic wings,feathers, duck and bill and anything to facilitate his fantasy that he is really a duck and have him legally declared a duck because it makes him happy and doesn't hurt anyone? Mentally ill people should not be exploited by greedy doctors and corrupt quacks. Regardless if he is still happy he is still mentally ill man but this time with a lot of modification done to his body that is going to be costly to reverse if he ever gets his sanity back.
    If a woman decides she has too small, or too large of breasts, a doctor can take advantage of her neurosis and perform surgery. Why is this different?

  3. #33
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    It certainly would be diffulcult to determine if one needed sex reassignment to be healthy/live vs cardiovascular surgery. It is unexplored territory IMHO.
    If they don't know, they shouldn't do it. That is the whole ideo behind "do no harm."

    this is what always happens when these kinds of debates. people bring up ridiculous examples that are not even realistic. it gets very childish. this is why a debate of this nature is not even a learning experience.
    Ridiculous or not, you haven't answered his question. Who does the procedure harm aside from the person requesting the procedure? I don't see any difference at all between the sex change debate and the assisted suicide debate.

    If the patients gets to choose what is best for them, then they choose what is best for them, whether that means castration and hormones or going to sleep and never waking up.

    The contention that "It doesn't hurt anybody" assumes that the patient isn't hurt because they requested the operation. The same holds true for assisted suicide and even surgically implanted duck wings.

  4. #34
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    If it is not ridiculous for doctors to facilitate the mental illness of one individual such as modifying body parts so someone can pretend to be a gender they are not then it is not ridiculous for doctors to modify the body parts of someone else to pretend to be something they are not period. You can't have it both ways.
    how is it a mental illness when there is a physical cure? how? that seems really odd. does removing a toe cure ADD. does the removal of a finger cure depression?

    so why does a physical change cure this?
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  5. #35
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    “The problem is more accurately that the bodies sex is not in agreement with the mind's sexual identity.” - Redress

    It is most accurately a problem with the mind.

    “The solution to this problem that is most effective with certain people is to change the body.” - Redress

    You believe that the most effective solution is to ignore the problem and mutilate the body which poses no problem?

    “What you are suggesting is analogous of treating people for homosexuality.” - Redress

    I have no idea what homosexuality has to do with any of this.

    “Cosmetic surgery is a perfect example…” - Redress

    No. It is another topic entirely as cosmetic surgery involves vanity and not metal illness.
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

  6. #36
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    how is it a mental illness when there is a physical cure? how? that seems really odd. does removing a toe cure ADD. does the removal of a finger cure depression?

    so why does a physical change cure this?
    Having a doctor make your penis look like a vagina,giving you fake breast and hormone pills still does not change the fact that you are really a man and therefore it does not make you cured.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #37
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Having a doctor make your penis look like a vagina,giving you fake breast and hormone pills still does not change the fact that you are really a man and therefore it does not make you cured.
    But if the patient feels cured, who's to say that they aren't? Whether they're actually a man or a woman doesn't really matter.

    What is your opinion on other plastic surgery? Should it all be illegal? If a woman wants to get breast implants or a nose job, should the doctor be allowed to indulge her irrational desires?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #38
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    “The problem is more accurately that the bodies sex is not in agreement with the mind's sexual identity.” - Redress

    It is most accurately a problem with the mind.

    “The solution to this problem that is most effective with certain people is to change the body.” - Redress

    You believe that the most effective solution is to ignore the problem and mutilate the body which poses no problem?

    “What you are suggesting is analogous of treating people for homosexuality.” - Redress

    I have no idea what homosexuality has to do with any of this.

    “Cosmetic surgery is a perfect example…” - Redress

    No. It is another topic entirely as cosmetic surgery involves vanity and not metal illness.
    You are making narrow minded assumptions that are very revealing.

  9. #39
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Having a doctor make your penis look like a vagina,giving you fake breast and hormone pills still does not change the fact that you are really a man and therefore it does not make you cured.
    If the problem is you are unhappy, then in fact you are cured if you are happy after surgery.

  10. #40
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If the problem is you are unhappy, then in fact you are cured if you are happy after surgery.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    But if the patient feels cured, who's to say that they aren't? Whether they're actually a man or a woman doesn't really matter.

    What is your opinion on other plastic surgery? Should it all be illegal? If a woman wants to get breast implants or a nose job, should the doctor be allowed to indulge her irrational desires?

    Being happy or unhappy is not a sign of one's mental state. I sure that a lot of people are happy while extremely intoxicated it doesn't make them cured. There are probably a lot of people in nuthouses who are happy, but they are still insane.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 09-29-09 at 09:20 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •