View Poll Results: Should getting a sex change be legal?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it should be legal

    96 80.67%
  • No, it should be illegal

    20 16.81%
  • I don't know

    3 2.52%
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 195

Thread: Should getting a sex change be legal?

  1. #111
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    Don't hold your breath waiting for me to provide with an answer then.. but I am sure it does happen, and this part is pure conjecture on my part here, but I bet the percentage would be substantial.

    More importantly for this discussion, there is no way the issue can be dismissed as a mental illness.

    I disagree. If a person was born "intrasexed" or hemaphroditic, that is one issue.

    If this was not true in a given case, then yes I am inclined to consider this more a fault of the mind than of the body.

    (I'm not necessarily saying this surgery should be illegal; I'm just saying I have some reservations about it being done in cases where there was no physical abnormality at birth.)
    Last edited by Goshin; 10-01-09 at 12:05 AM.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  2. #112
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Why don't you head down to the religious forum, you can hold a prayer meetin' down there? Why do you need to hijack this thread?
    What? You're the one turning this into a religious issue. Stoning is not exclusive to ignorant religious people thousands of years ago.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #113
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    No one needs a degree to state the obvious. If you think you need a degree to state the obvious then no amount of education is going to help you. Its like saying you need a degree to say that the earth goes around the sun or that the price of gas sometimes sucks.
    James, your "opinion" is not the "obvious" to everyone else.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Its free on the NHS

  5. #115
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    No one needs a degree to state the obvious. If you think you need a degree to state the obvious then no amount of education is going to help you. Its like saying you need a degree to say that the earth goes around the sun or that the price of gas sometimes sucks.
    You would be amazed at some of the things that I have read. I think i'll send you a PM of an example. I'd do it here but it's from another forum...a forum filled with certifiable nutjobs.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #116
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Those who take advantage of mentally ill people,
    Everything after this is irrelevant gobblty-gook, stemming from an inaccurate premise. One who desires a sex change is not mentally ill because of that desire.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #117
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    No one needs a degree to state the obvious.
    I have one. And I can tell you, quite unequivocally, that you do not know the first thing about diagnosing mental illness, and do not know the first thing about understanding this issue.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #118
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I have one.
    That degree is irrelevant,especially since it is obvious that these people are insane.


    And I can tell you, quite unequivocally, that you do not know the first thing about diagnosing mental illness, and do not know the first thing about understanding this issue.
    Again sane people do not think they are something different than what they physically are. These people are mentally ill, it is literally a man who thinks is a woman trapped in a man's body or a woman who thinks she is a man trapped in a woman's body, that is not normal or mentally sane in any society. this is no different than someone with multiple personality disorders or someone who thinks he is a duck trapped in a man's body. If these people were born with both functioning male and female sex organs then it would be a physical issue and not a mental issue.


    Everything after this is irrelevant gobblty-gook, stemming from an inaccurate premise. One who desires a sex change is not mentally ill because of that desire.
    They are seeking to have their organs removed or modified and implants added to look like those of the opposite gender because of their mental illness that they think they are a gender they really are not. They think somehow a doctor sticking a fake vagina and fake boobs on a man or a fake penis on a woman is some how a cure. It is not a cure, it is nothing more than a band aid meant to ignore the actual problem and so the quack does not have to do his job to cure that person of their mental disorder.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 10-01-09 at 09:42 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #119
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    James, your "opinion" is not the "obvious" to everyone else.
    Yes that is because they either because they lack common sense or they let their pro-homosexual bigotry effect their opinion on this matter.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #120
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Should getting a sex change be legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    That degree is irrelevant,especially since it is obvious that these people are insane.
    I'm thinking it's only obvious to you and the minority of people who think like you. Regardless, your assessment, no matter how well-informed you think it is, does not match up to having a degree and/or the expertise needed to diagnose someone as mentally ill. You are expressing your personal opinion, which still doesn't hold any water.

    Again sane people do not think they are something different than what they physically are. These people are mentally ill, it is literally a man who thinks is a woman trapped in a man's body or a woman who thinks she is a man trapped in a woman's body, that is not normal or mentally sane in any society. this is no different than someone with multiple personality disorders or someone who thinks he is a duck trapped in a man's body. If these people were born with both functioning male and female sex organs then it would be a physical issue and not a mental issue.
    And why is that so far fetched? Do you think genetics are perfect and that we all come out exactly how we are supposed to be? Something tells me you haven't met anybody who is transgendered because you are generalizing a lot here.

    They are seeking to have their organs removed or modified and implants added to look like those of the opposite gender because of their mental illness that they think they are a gender they really are not. They think somehow a doctor sticking a fake vagina and fake boobs on a man or a fake penis on a woman is some how a cure. It is not a cure, it is nothing more than a band aid meant to ignore the actual problem and so the quack does not have to do his job to cure that person of their mental disorder.
    And all of this, like the rest of your arguments, can be disregarded simply because you are working on the assumption that you are right about them being mentally ill. This assertion is based on nothing more than your personal opinion which....nope.. it still doesn't hold any water. Try again.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •