View Poll Results: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    126 74.56%
  • No

    22 13.02%
  • Other

    21 12.43%
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 490

Thread: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

  1. #81
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    09-10-10 @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    you people are really stuck on this. i don't understand this zeal for this. it makes zero sense in light of what the woman has been saying for years now.
    Child rape is one of the most brutal crimes committed in our society. Letting him off sends the message that it's okay. I'm not okay with that.
    mom of four boys
    married to a soldier

  2. #82
    Advisor Badfish420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    MA, USA
    Last Seen
    07-18-11 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    411

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    yea it doesnt matter if the victim herself is against sending him to jail, its about justice! wait... what?

  3. #83
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    you people are really stuck on this. i don't understand this zeal for this. it makes zero sense in light of what the woman has been saying for years now.
    If we start ignoring our laws for famous people, we might as well just not have laws. He is wanted to stand trial for serious crimes. I am not going to apologize for thinking this is important.

  4. #84
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Have you seen her contemporaneous grand jury statement? I was reading a blog post about him the other day, it linked to a copy of the grand jury testimony. He deserves jail time, IMO.
    he made a deal and that was to be the end of it. when the courts changed the deal after the fact he fled. he was to be given time served. then the judge wanted to make it decades.

    do you want the judge to lie to you in court? is that really justice? was that really a confession? it was all a lie to get this then they change their minds. no that is not right. besides the woman wants it done. it's okay with you that her life is a mess now because not Polanski but the US court system.

    this sits well with all of you. it does not with me. no one is even considering the woman's feeling that you all seem to be so rabid to protect.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  5. #85
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Enough with the America bashing. It's not helping your arguments one little bit.

    In response to the poll, I picked other. You all should bear in mind that when it comes to dealing with the law, the Swiss are very much similar to Americans. It doesn't matter who you are, what great accomplishments or tragedies you've had in your life, how much money you have or how much time has passed since you committed a crime, if you break the law you're treated the same as any other criminal.

    As it now stands, by challenging the extradition, this man will probably spend more time behind bars than if he just agreed to face the American courts. It could take months before he's released. Justice is already being served.
    i am sure this is why the American prisons are filled to the brim with rich people because money doesn't matter.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  6. #86
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Child rape is one of the most brutal crimes committed in our society. Letting him off sends the message that it's okay. I'm not okay with that.
    that is fine you can just maybe get a ball bat and hit this women a few time for justice sake. she wants the nightmare over and does not want him in jail. she doesn't count. maybe you could give her hair a yank and kick her teeth for a little added justice.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  7. #87
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If we start ignoring our laws for famous people, we might as well just not have laws. He is wanted to stand trial for serious crimes. I am not going to apologize for thinking this is important.
    this has nothing to do with the fact that he is an awesome director and a very nice person. it has to do with the fact that the courts cheated him and got a confession. then they pulled the carpet out and were going to have him swing.

    if the man gets a brand new trial and can tell his side in a free court,( but as we see from the prevailing attitudes here that he is already guilty in your minds)
    so fair trial is out.

    but he knows that there is no free trial there. he is guilty in the minds of the people. he is right to fight this. this is America trying to prove something.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  8. #88
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    i am sure this is why the American prisons are filled to the brim with rich people because money doesn't matter.
    Money matters AFTER you're arrested, not before. If you can buy yourself a good lawyer, chances are you'll get a better deal than the poor sap who has to use a public defender.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  9. #89
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    he made a deal and that was to be the end of it. when the courts changed the deal after the fact he fled. he was to be given time served. then the judge wanted to make it decades.

    do you want the judge to lie to you in court? is that really justice? was that really a confession? it was all a lie to get this then they change their minds. no that is not right. besides the woman wants it done. it's okay with you that her life is a mess now because not Polanski but the US court system.

    this sits well with all of you. it does not with me. no one is even considering the woman's feeling that you all seem to be so rabid to protect.

    No deal is final until a judge approves it. Judges don't have to honor deals that prosecutors made (at least, I think they don't). But, it'd have to be unusual circumstances for them not to.

  10. #90
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Money matters AFTER you're arrested, not before. If you can buy yourself a good lawyer, chances are you'll get a better deal than the poor sap who has to use a public defender.
    i agree to a point. it matters throughout. fame and money matter. tell me about Michael Jackson. I heard so many people that said he was guilty and his money got him off. same thing. he died and was loved by a nation. so please tell me that you really want Polanski to be in jail. you have OJ and Ted Kennedy all loved all may or may not have done bad things. what point is America trying to make with this.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •