View Poll Results: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    126 74.56%
  • No

    22 13.02%
  • Other

    21 12.43%
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 490

Thread: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

  1. #471
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    This is absurd.....



    This is beyond absurd.....but then, feigning absurdity appears to be one of your fortes.

    So your argument is "it is absurd because I disagree." Glad we cleared that up.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #472
    User Matos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tel Aviv
    Last Seen
    11-08-09 @ 10:15 AM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    18

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    My dad is pretty sure that Polanski was that one to order a hit on his wife (Tate) by the Manson family.

    Maybe so he could go on ****ing little girls.
    I'm reading the Middle East news. That's how I'm sure I KNOW what I'm talking about.

  3. #473
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    12-20-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    511

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    Roman Polanski is a pervert and sexual deviant. In other words, he's a darling of the liberals.

  4. #474
    User Enoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    11-21-16 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    27

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Libs_Luv_Weakness View Post
    Roman Polanski is a pervert and sexual deviant. In other words, he's a darling of the liberals.
    Do you actually think this through, or do you just go around blaming the big bad liberals for everything you don't like? Seriously, it's hard to take someone seriously who "debates" like this.

    As to the OP, yes Polanski should be tried for his crimes. He has openly admitted to them, so there isn't a question of guilt or innocence. He needs to stand trial and answer for what he did.

    “Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” ~George Bernard Shaw

  5. #475
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    So your argument is "it is absurd because I disagree." Glad we cleared that up.
    You would be wrong again which is typical for you. Your idiotic assertions about me are what are absurd. But then, you knew that, you just want to run from your foolish comments and claims; I cannot say that I blame you.

    Carry on.

  6. #476
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You would be wrong again which is typical for you. Your idiotic assertions about me are what are absurd. But then, you knew that, you just want to run from your foolish comments and claims; I cannot say that I blame you.

    Carry on.
    Then stop posting nonsense like this and start explaining why my position is absurd.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #477
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Then stop posting nonsense like this and start explaining why my position is absurd.
    You have got to be kidding me; you want me to explain what is so farcical about this statement:

    QUOTE=EgoffTib; All I said was that perpetuating the more that "more convictions = safer streets" sends the message that you could care less about a fair trial, you are simply concerned with convicting as many people as possible.

    The notion that my arguments suggest that I could care less about a fair trial or that I just want to convict as many people as possible are idiotic and hyperbolic to say the least.

    But then, since when have you ever been able to see your own hyperbolic nonsense for what it is.

    A better question would be how do you defend such idiotic conclusions and come to such idiotic conclusions based on my arguments on this thread? But please do not answer that, there truly is no defense for such hyperbolic BS.

    You are truly the KING of nonsense when you engage in such hyperbolic nonsense, how ironic you claim it is others. Carry on.

  8. #478
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You have got to be kidding me; you want me to explain what is so farcical about this statement:

    QUOTE=EgoffTib; All I said was that perpetuating the more that "more convictions = safer streets" sends the message that you could care less about a fair trial, you are simply concerned with convicting as many people as possible.

    The notion that my arguments suggest that I could care less about a fair trial or that I just want to convict as many people as possible are idiotic and hyperbolic to say the least.

    But then, since when have you ever been able to see your own hyperbolic nonsense for what it is.

    A better question would be how do you defend such idiotic conclusions and come to such idiotic conclusions based on my arguments on this thread? But please do not answer that, there truly is no defense for such hyperbolic BS.

    You are truly the KING of nonsense when you engage in such hyperbolic nonsense, how ironic you claim it is others. Carry on.
    Again, you completely misunderstand my post. I should be used to this by now, yet it boggles the mind that you fail to grasp posts in context. The "you" in that post was referring to the DA, not to you personally. But instead of asking for clarification, you fly off the handle with your condescending and amusing posts.

    I guess I can lead a horse to water, but I cannot make it drink, eh?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #479
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    What's wrong with the diseased ****s that voted anything other than "yes"?

  10. #480
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Should Roman Polanski be punished for his crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    you say this knowing that the woman involved has said she wants it over that it is ruining her life. interesting. i guess no one really does care about this woman. it is a shame.
    Irrelevant.

    Polanski was convicted of a crime, and skipped bail.

    Period.

    Now he's caught.

    ALL criminals should serve their time....in prison.

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •