View Poll Results: Who Would You Compare Oboma To?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carter

    16 26.23%
  • Nixon

    1 1.64%
  • FDR

    8 13.11%
  • Clinton

    5 8.20%
  • JFK

    5 8.20%
  • Ford

    0 0%
  • Other

    9 14.75%
  • He Is In A Group All His Own

    17 27.87%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 74

Thread: Who Would You Compare Obama To?

  1. #11
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who Would You Compare Obama To?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    Of the choices, I'll go with Clinton. He is a Democrat, he was not born into wealth, he has a wife who had her own career and went far in it while raising kids. He has similar politics. I suspect both have wives who had an abortion themselves at one point in time. Both wives are very ambitious and influential with their husbands.
    why would suspect abortions? wth?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #12
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Who Would You Compare Obama To?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    It's my gut feeling. Both women are avid, ambitious feminists from the post sexual revolution era.
    In other words, any woman who doesn't stay where she belongs - in the kitchen and pregnant - must have had an abortion. Got it.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Who Would You Compare Obama To?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    why would suspect abortions? wth?
    Many ambitious women have gotten abortions while in college. Whether you believe in pro-choice or not, I would hope it would be a rare woman that wouldn't have some moral ambivalence about spreading her legs at the abortionist's table and having her living fetus sucked out of her body and into a sink.

  4. #14
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who Would You Compare Obama To?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    It's my gut feeling. Both women are avid, ambitious feminists from the post sexual revolution era. I particularly suspect Mrs Obama based on some telling comments he has made and his utter commitment to pro-choice extremism.

    It's my belief that a certain proportion of women who've had abortions become rabidly pro-choice to stuff their feelings of ambivalence, guilt and/or regret. Other women might go to the opposite extreme and become rabidly pro-life of course. I feel like, definitely Mrs Obama, belongs in the former category, and that her and her husband's total commitment to even late term abortion is partly influenced by her abortion in the past. They see that, without that abortion, she probably wouldn't have achieved her goals, and they want to morally justify her choice.
    hmm....."pro choice extremism"? what telling comments? pretty ridiculous assumption, imo.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Who Would You Compare Obama To?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    In other words, any woman who doesn't stay where she belongs - in the kitchen and pregnant - must have had an abortion. Got it.
    I don't believe I said that. If that's your interpretation of my statement, then this is probably one subject you and I would find no common ground about, and it would be futile to discuss further.

    I happen to believe that Michelle Obama had an abortion, and that likely Mr Obama was involved in a relationship where his girlfriend aborted his child.

  6. #16
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,340
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who Would You Compare Obama To?

    If I had to compare him to another president, it would have to be Clinton. Both with similar political goals, both with strong wives, both pushing to reform health care.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Who Would You Compare Obama To?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    hmm....."pro choice extremism"? what telling comments? pretty ridiculous assumption, imo.
    It's merely my personal opinion, no more than that. I firmly believe what said. I certainly don't have evidence to prove it in a court of law, but I think it happened.

  8. #18
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Who Would You Compare Obama To?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    I don't believe I said that. If that's your interpretation of my statement, then this is probably one subject you and I would find no common ground about, and it would be futile to discuss further.
    That is exactly what you said. Your evidence that Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton got abortions was that they are both successful women. That is blatantly sexist.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum
    I happen to believe that Michelle Obama had an abortion, and that likely Mr Obama was involved in a relationship where his girlfriend aborted his child.
    I'm still waiting for your evidence supporting this bizarre theory.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  9. #19
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who Would You Compare Obama To?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    Many ambitious women have gotten abortions while in college. Whether you believe in pro-choice or not, I would hope it would be a rare woman that wouldn't have some moral ambivalence about spreading her legs at the abortionist's table and having her living fetus sucked out of her body and into a sink.
    wow.....who said anything about my personal stand? i'm just wondering why you feel the need to wildly speculate that michelle obama and hillary clinton had abortions?

    kind of weird, actually.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #20
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who Would You Compare Obama To?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    I don't believe I said that. If that's your interpretation of my statement, then this is probably one subject you and I would find no common ground about, and it would be futile to discuss further.

    I happen to believe that Michelle Obama had an abortion, and that likely Mr Obama was involved in a relationship where his girlfriend aborted his child.
    this is a joke, right?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •