View Poll Results: Who Should Have Final Say On Military Matters?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • The President-Civilian Control

    26 52.00%
  • The Joint Chiefs-The Military Professionals

    0 0%
  • The President, but the military should decide battlefield tactics.

    24 48.00%
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 191

Thread: Who Should Have Final Say On Military Matters?

  1. #81
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Who Should Have Final Say On Military Matters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I have. You continued to press your fallacious point with no proof, but ask us to prove that the constitution really does put the president in charge of the military. Sometimes arguing with a complete idiot is a waste of time, and I think this is one of those times.
    What did you do in the Navy? Yeoman? Pencil pusher? Or, are insults all you really have to offer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #82
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who Should Have Final Say On Military Matters?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What did you do in the Navy? Yeoman? Pencil pusher? Or, are insults all you really have to offer?
    What I did is entirely irrelevant, though your guesses are way off. Your facts also are, as the president is the top of the chain of command, and his lawful orders are in fct orders, and not following them is a violation of the UCMJ.

  3. #83
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Who Should Have Final Say On Military Matters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What I did is entirely irrelevant, though your guesses are way off. Your facts also are, as the president is the top of the chain of command, and his lawful orders are in fct orders, and not following them is a violation of the UCMJ.
    It's very relevant. If the president comes in and tells you how to arrange your ink pens and paper clips, it's a far cry from the president telling infantry soldiers what tactics to use in order to defeat an enemy unit, or tell them how he thinks they should react to enemy contact. If he issues orders to combat troops that is contrary to their training, that they know will cost more American lives, then they aren't obligated to follow such orders. Since you're a girl and you never served in a combat unit, obviously, there's no way you can comprehend what I'm telling you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Who Should Have Final Say On Military Matters?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's very relevant. If the president comes in and tells you how to arrange your ink pens and paper clips, it's a far cry from the president telling infantry soldiers what tactics to use in order to defeat an enemy unit, or tell them how he thinks they should react to enemy contact. If he issues orders to combat troops that is contrary to their training, that they know will cost more American lives, then they aren't obligated to follow such orders.
    Where do you dream up these rules of yours??
    You are the only one who doesn't seem to get it.

  5. #85
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who Should Have Final Say On Military Matters?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's very relevant. If the president comes in and tells you how to arrange your ink pens and paper clips, it's a far cry from the president telling infantry soldiers what tactics to use in order to defeat an enemy unit, or tell them how he thinks they should react to enemy contact. If he issues orders to combat troops that is contrary to their training, that they know will cost more American lives, then they aren't obligated to follow such orders. Since you're a girl and you never served in a combat unit, obviously, there's no way you can comprehend what I'm telling you.
    Feel free to show me where these exceptions to the presidents authority are in writing(hint: you cannot do it since they do not exist).

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Who Should Have Final Say On Military Matters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Feel free to show me where these exceptions to the presidents authority are in writing(hint: you cannot do it since they do not exist).
    Yeah....Prove It!!!

  7. #87
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Who Should Have Final Say On Military Matters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Feel free to show me where these exceptions to the presidents authority are in writing(hint: you cannot do it since they do not exist).
    I got a better idea: show me where the president has the authority to violate military doctrine and regulations. I can't wait for your response.

    But, at the end of the day, this is all irrelevant, because not even PBO is stupid enough to order around military units at the lower levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Who Should Have Final Say On Military Matters?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's very relevant. If the president comes in and tells you how to arrange your ink pens and paper clips, it's a far cry from the president telling infantry soldiers what tactics to use in order to defeat an enemy unit, or tell them how he thinks they should react to enemy contact. If he issues orders to combat troops that is contrary to their training, that they know will cost more American lives, then they aren't obligated to follow such orders. Since you're a girl and you never served in a combat unit, obviously, there's no way you can comprehend what I'm telling you.
    What the hell are you talking about huh??? Look it's simple if I was the President of the United States and I give the Joint Chiefs an order then they must pass it down the chain of command, end of discussion I don't care if it an order telling you how you shall place you ink pen and papper clips on your Military Issued Desk and ****ing order from the President can't be refused unless it goes against a Moral Duty and then be prepare for a very long Trail.

    Oh and by the way Redress served in the US Navy onboard CVNs so I suggest you stop all of this silly nonesence with him.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Who Should Have Final Say On Military Matters?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I got a better idea: show me where the president has the authority to violate military doctrine and regulations. I can't wait for your response.

    But, at the end of the day, this is all irrelevant, because not even PBO is stupid enough to order around military units at the lower levels.
    No problem,

    I'll start with the easist one for you to understand,

    Article II Section 2 of the US Consitution

  10. #90
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who Should Have Final Say On Military Matters?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I got a better idea: show me where the president has the authority to violate military doctrine and regulations. I can't wait for your response.

    But, at the end of the day, this is all irrelevant, because not even PBO is stupid enough to order around military units at the lower levels.
    The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.
    Not seeing those exceptions you mention. Care to point them out?

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •