View Poll Results: Should Convicted Terrorists Be Executed?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    34 65.38%
  • No. They should get LWOP

    18 34.62%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 104

Thread: Should Convicted Terrorists Be Executed?

  1. #11
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: Should Convicted Terrorists Be Executed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    What really needs to happen to them, is Magneto's prison, with a webcam.

    Plexiglass box, no privacy, the world can view them round the clock in their cage, pickin their noses or pinchin a loaf.

    You want to destroy the enemy's heroes and cost the enemy morale, put them in a 24/7 internet zoo.
    So they can preach terrorism to the masses?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Convicted Terrorists Be Executed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    What really needs to happen to them, is Magneto's prison, with a webcam.

    Plexiglass box, no privacy, the world can view them round the clock in their cage, pickin their noses or pinchin a loaf.

    You want to destroy the enemy's heroes and cost the enemy morale, put them in a 24/7 internet zoo.
    I still favor execution for 2 reasons:

    1. Cheaper to just execute them than to pay for their needs for life.
    2. As long as their alive, their terrorist friends may try to get them released by taking hostages & trying to bargain for their release. (Happens all the time, IRL)

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should Convicted Terrorists Be Executed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    So they can preach terrorism to the masses?
    How effective do you think that will be when you can stay tuned and watch his face twist up as he takes a crap ?

    The man becomes an anti-martyr if the remainder of his existance is an embarassing zoo exhibit.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should Convicted Terrorists Be Executed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    1. Cheaper to just execute them than to pay for their needs for life.
    Propaganda like this cannot be bought. Cheap doesn't factor.


    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    2. As long as their alive, their terrorist friends may try to get them released by taking hostages & trying to bargain for their release. (Happens all the time, IRL)
    Scum will do this anyway. When they do, kill them.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    11-01-09 @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    829

    Re: Should Convicted Terrorists Be Executed?

    All convicts should be "incentivized" to work in order to pay the cost of housing them and pay restitution to their victims - then it doesn't make any rational sense to kill them.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Convicted Terrorists Be Executed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post



    Scum will do this anyway. When they do, kill them.
    Do you mean that we should kill the terrorists we have in prison?......(For the actions of their friends??)

    Or did you mean to kill the hostage takers somehow?

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should Convicted Terrorists Be Executed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Or did you mean to kill the hostage takers somehow?
    I mean B.

    Like this : Peru to mark Japanese embassy hostage crisis after 10 years - Monsters and Critics

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Convicted Terrorists Be Executed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    I mean B.
    Killing the hostage takers is rarely possible & much more dangerous than just eliminating their incentive to take hostages in the first place.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should Convicted Terrorists Be Executed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Killing the hostage takers is rarely possible & much more dangerous than just eliminating their incentive to take hostages in the first place.
    Bull, look at the link.

    Hostage takers are stupid and poor soldiers.

    Kill them with excellent soldiers, and call it a free training exercise.

    Further, eliminating their incentive, = capitulation to demands.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Convicted Terrorists Be Executed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Bull, look at the link.

    Hostage takers are stupid and poor soldiers.

    Kill them with excellent soldiers, and call it a free training exercise.

    Further, eliminating their incentive, = capitulation to demands.
    If your argument is that it's ever easy to rescue hostages, taken anywhere in the world by ruthless well armed (often suicidal) killers .....then that is not a serious argument. Have successful rescue operations happened?..Of course (Entebbe, London SAS, etc) ....but the advantage is always with the hostage takers.

    Execute convicted terrorists & you take away one incentive for hostage takers.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •