View Poll Results: Would you support a health care bill without a public option?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a public option is what is wrong with current reform plans

    8 14.81%
  • Yes, a partial reform bill is better than no reform bill

    7 12.96%
  • Yes, I like reform, but not a public option at least now

    6 11.11%
  • No, no reform is needed

    8 14.81%
  • No, no public option makes the bill not worth passing

    15 27.78%
  • other

    10 18.52%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63

Thread: Yet Another Health Care poll

  1. #21
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Yet Another Health Care poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Simple question: Would you support a health care bill without a public health insurance option?
    I would support "a" health care bill, but that support is obviously dependant on what, exactly, is in the bill.

    Anything that requires people to pay for goods and services they do not receive is out, as is anything that requires people to buy insurance for themseves, with or without some penalty for not doing so.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Yet Another Health Care poll

    If the public option could help those who can't get private insurance and is only 5% of the total public spending for health care then that's ok with me.

    On the other hand, I really don't understand any of this.

  3. #23
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Yet Another Health Care poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I would support "a" health care bill, but that support is obviously dependant on what, exactly, is in the bill.

    Anything that requires people to pay for goods and services they do not receive is out, as is anything that requires people to buy insurance for themseves, with or without some penalty for not doing so.
    Can I ask a followup? What would you support in a health care bill? If you could design the bill, what would you put in it?

  4. #24
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Yet Another Health Care poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Can I ask a followup? What would you support in a health care bill? If you could design the bill, what would you put in it?
    I'd have to think about specifics, but, as my position is that the runaway costs of health care are directly linked to the insulation of the consumer from those costs, I'd create something that reduces this insulation, even going so far as the elimination of the insurance providers in toto.

    This will reduce prices and increase quality, through free-market competition.

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Yet Another Health Care poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I'd have to think about specifics, but, as my position is that the runaway costs of health care are directly linked to the insulation of the consumer from those costs, I'd create something that reduces this insulation, even going so far as the elimination of the insurance providers in toto.

    This will reduce prices and increase quality, through free-market competition.
    So outlaw health insurance in essence? Am I following that right?

  6. #26
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Yet Another Health Care poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So outlaw health insurance in essence? Am I following that right?
    As the most extreme measure, yes.

    The insured consumer does not generally care about thr costs of the goods and services provided to him as he pays little of it. The more of it he pays, the more the awareness creeps in, and the more likely he is to look for the best service he can obtain with the best price he can get. As people do this, health care providers will be forced to compete with one another for business, lowering prices and increasign quality of service, so that the consumer might choose them as the best value for their health care dollar.

  7. #27
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Yet Another Health Care poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    As the most extreme measure, yes.

    The insured consumer does not generally care about thr costs of the goods and services provided to him as he pays little of it. The more of it he pays, the more the awareness creeps in, and the more likely he is to look for the best service he can obtain with the best price he can get. As people do this, health care providers will be forced to compete with one another for business, lowering prices and increasign quality of service, so that the consumer might choose them as the best value for their health care dollar.
    Thank you for explaining.

  8. #28
    Professor
    OxymoronP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heart in Brooklyn, body South of Dixie
    Last Seen
    08-23-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Yet Another Health Care poll

    The problem has a simple set of solutions:

    Increase number of doctors by accepting doctor degrees from outside the country on a trail period working in hospitals and clinics for 5 years before they can practice privately.

    Also provide funding for Specialty medical High schools so students can start earning credits earlier.

    Create free tution to doctors who will sign contracts to work in most needed areas for 5 years.

    Tort reform is vital, and is pretty self explanatory.

    Open up markets so you can buy insurance in any state from any vendor.

    Fine and jail anyone who hires illegal workers, fine and jail anyone providing home for illegal aliens. This should lower our hospital costs.


    THE GREATEST FREEDOM IS THE FREEDOM TO OPPRESS OTHERS

  9. #29
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Yet Another Health Care poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    As the most extreme measure, yes.

    The insured consumer does not generally care about thr costs of the goods and services provided to him as he pays little of it. The more of it he pays, the more the awareness creeps in, and the more likely he is to look for the best service he can obtain with the best price he can get. As people do this, health care providers will be forced to compete with one another for business, lowering prices and increasign quality of service, so that the consumer might choose them as the best value for their health care dollar.
    Waaaaaaaaaait a minute...

    So not only are you in favor of allowing hospitals to deny emergency care to anyone who lacks insurance, but you ALSO favor making it illegal for them to get insurance in the first place? In other words, you think it should be a giant crapshoot whether anyone gets emergency treatment for anything?

    For someone who is so obsessed with the immorality of others denying you the right to your own property, you are quite eager to take that same right away from others. Hey remember that time you accused me of wanting to force everyone to live their lives the way I want them to...and then you advocated banning people from getting health insurance? ****ing hypocrite.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 09-19-09 at 02:43 AM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  10. #30
    Student LowRevs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Downeast in NC
    Last Seen
    07-12-12 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    272

    Re: Yet Another Health Care poll

    As far as I can tell, HR3200 and the Baukus bill most recently (have only heard about) both take $500B from Medicare/Medicaid. I don't believe they will find 1/2 a $Trillion is fraud and abuse. Therefore, what I perceive they are doing in the most simplistic way is to take money from seniors and the poor who need it and give it to those who do not need it, the young, or refuse to get it, their right, and illegal aliens, of couse given amnesty before qualifying. That is just wrong.

    I've just seen Obama speaking to a Hispanic group saying that they will get covered when they get amnesty. Guess Rep Joe was right!
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.--Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •