View Poll Results: Do You Think The Right Will Get Violent?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    51 77.27%
  • Yes, and this is a good thing

    5 7.58%
  • Yes, and this is a bad thing

    10 15.15%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 147

Thread: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

  1. #81
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    how about maybe, and it's a bad thing?

    i believe politicians on the right are tapping into a conscience as well as unconscience well of racism in their constituents, and allowing bad behavior to become the norm. when you have wilson, r-asshole, actually autographing pictures of himself calling the president a liar, you know we have some out of control people, who are probably armed.

    i'm gettin' a gun.
    Wilson is a hero to some because he called the President on the lies he was telling.

    Wilson is a villon to some because he called the President on the lies he was telling.

    If Obama would just learn to tell the truth, no one would call him a liar.

    If Obama would learn that most people in this country aren't as stupid as he thinks they are, he wouldn't lie so much.


  2. #82
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    And I'm sure the whole board appreciates your trolling.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  3. #83
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Neat, the anti-war activists were attending whatever speeches Bush held... Way to go! (I could care less, because we still have the first amendment, but.. it goes to prove a point)

    My rights as a firearm owner and minority in this country are continually under assault by people such as those who are in office. Just because you chose to ignore it, doesn't mean it's not so.
    If you are saying you are a minority because you are a gun owner, you're not.... at least by much.


    (A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
    (B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
    (C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

    (Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of Health Human Services)

    Guns
    (A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.
    Yes, that is 80 million.


    (B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
    (C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.000188.

    Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
    Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."
    US Gun Statistics

    Another interesting set of statistics...

    More Guns: The number of new guns rises by about 4.5 million every year.3 There are 250+ million privately-owned firearms in the United States.

    4 Less Violent Crime: Since 1991, the nationís total violent crime rate is down 38 percent. (Murder is down 43 percent; rape, 29 percent; robbery, 46 percent; and aggravated assault, 35 percent.) Violent crime dropped every year from 1991-2004, to a 30-year low; increased slightly in 2005 and 2006; and decreased to nearly the 2004 level in 2007. Every year since 2002, the violent crime rate has been lower than anytime since 1974. Every year since 1999, the murder rate has been lower than anytime since 1966. States with RTC laws, compared to the rest of the country, have lower violent crime rates on average: total violent crime by 24 percent, murder, 28 percent; robbery, 50 percent; and aggravated assault, 11 percent.5
    NRA-ILA :: More Guns, Less Crime (Again) in 2007

  4. #84
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    If and when things get violent. It won't be because health care reform passes.

    It will be because people refuse to come to grips and admit they lost an election thru every fault of their own and lost it fair and square in tough fought campaign. To a black man.
    Kind of racist, aren't you.

  5. #85
    Student LowRevs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Downeast in NC
    Last Seen
    07-12-12 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    272

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    Firstly, the part about it being taken from seniors and being given to illegals is pure lies. Second, about young people not needing it... a good friend of mine who is 26 got run over by a bus a while back. You tell me she doesn't need medical coverage. She's still dealing with health problems from that.
    You can not remove more than 1/2 a $TRILLION from a system without negatively effecting the delivery of those services. Some of that more than 1/2 $TRILLION is by reducing authorized payments to doctors which has already begun. There were already doctors who hesitated taking medicare for this reason. Obama himself in a speech to a Hispanic group stated that he would provide them medicare by making them citizens (amnesty).

    Medicaid exists for your friend, and whomever was driving the bus should surely have insurance which would cover her ongoing care/problems. Obama also wants to reduce Medicaid. She didn't accept a settlement and sign a hold harmless I hope. She, of course, already had the option of buying catatrophic care insurance which would be a heck of a lot cheaper than Obamacare. It would have also had the benefit that she wasn't forced to buy it.

    Things you perceive of as lies seem to be chains of logical deductions of which you are unable or unwilling to fathom.

    I just wish that Krauthammer and Crystal were the voice of the Republican Party. Instead its the like of Limbaugh and Beck. And not all opposition to Obama is being labeled racist. You are inflating a straw man that has no bearing on reality. If you wish to discuss the true state of things be my guess, but don't float into wishful thinking la la land here.
    Krauthammer and Crystal are much more the voice of the Republican Party than Limbaugh and Beck. Limbaugh and Beck are so far apart in their philosophies it's hard to fathom you think them equivalent. Obviously, you have never listened to either. Limbaugh is a conservative that has been told to please shut up by the Republican Party establishment who was openly despondent with their last choice of presidential candidate, Senator McCain. Limbaugh is too socially conservative and capitalist for them. Beck is an libertarian and constitutionalist. Granted, neither is a friend of socialism/liberalism.

    Your assertion that all opposition is not labeled racist must only apply to your own perception. I've heard it from my barber to Jimmy Carter to Bill Clinton (victim of such) and most everyone in la la land. Maybe you're not open to hear it. Do you live on the left coast?


    You have to remember that DP is not a fair representation of the political makeup of america. It's as far from that you can get.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.--Thomas Jefferson

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Kind of racist, aren't you.
    No not at all...just observant...

  7. #87
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Originally Posted by goldendog
    If and when things get violent. It won't be because health care reform passes.

    It will be because people refuse to come to grips and admit they lost an election thru every fault of their own and lost it fair and square in tough fought campaign. To a black man.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    No not at all...just observant...
    I consider race baiting to be racist, don't you?

  8. #88
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by LowRevs View Post
    You can not remove more than 1/2 a $TRILLION from a system without negatively effecting the delivery of those services. Some of that more than 1/2 $TRILLION is by reducing authorized payments to doctors which has already begun. There were already doctors who hesitated taking medicare for this reason. Obama himself in a speech to a Hispanic group stated that he would provide them medicare by making them citizens (amnesty).
    that is why you need to put more money into the system. If the system has more money than no one need be cut. And can I see the Obama quote about illegal immigrants?


    Medicaid exists for your friend, and whomever was driving the bus should surely have insurance which would cover her ongoing care/problems. Obama also wants to reduce Medicaid.
    But she'd be eligible under his new system, so why is this a problem?


    She didn't accept a settlement and sign a hold harmless I hope. She, of course, already had the option of buying catatrophic care insurance which would be a heck of a lot cheaper than Obamacare. It would have also had the benefit that she wasn't forced to buy it.
    She's currently tied up in court with Sacramento Regional Transit. Needless to say they're going to fight having to pay off as much as needed. And I doubt she, being a student working two jobs at the mall, would be able to afford any insurance.

    Things you perceive of as lies seem to be chains of logical deductions of which you are unable or unwilling to fathom.
    Can you debate here without being insulting? kthx.


    Krauthammer and Crystal are much more the voice of the Republican Party than Limbaugh and Beck.
    Really? How do you figure? I don't see people at rallies with signs quoting Krauthammer. I don't see the RNC chair apologizing to Crystal.

    Limbaugh and Beck are so far apart in their philosophies it's hard to fathom you think them equivalent. Obviously, you have never listened to either.
    I never said they were equivalent. Don't put words in my mouth, its rude. And I listened to Limbaugh every day for several months, I know where he stands. I've only seen some Beck, but I've seen enough to get his stances, so don't judge that which you don't know.

    Limbaugh is a conservative that has been told to please shut up by the Republican Party establishment who was openly despondent with their last choice of presidential candidate, Senator McCain.
    And Steele apologizing to Limbaugh?

    Limbaugh is too socially conservative and capitalist for them. Beck is an libertarian and constitutionalist. Granted, neither is a friend of socialism/liberalism.
    Not to mention a conspiracy theorist, but that's neither here nor there.


    Your assertion that all opposition is not labeled racist must only apply to your own perception. I've heard it from my barber to Jimmy Carter to Bill Clinton (victim of such) and most everyone in la la land. Maybe you're not open to hear it. Do you live on the left coast?
    I do live in California, in a midsized city that's fairly liberal, and I've heard very few people blame all opposition on racism. I think you're hearing what you want to hear here.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    I consider race baiting to be racist, don't you?
    Did you attend any of the teaparty events? If so did you ever stand beside someone who was screaming racist remarks and holding a racist sign and give them that same lecture?

    Pointing out the fact that there are very many out there who do not like, infact hate, the president because he's black is not race baiting..I do not choose to ignore the obvious for convienence sake.

    Do you deny this?
    Last edited by goldendog; 09-23-09 at 06:50 PM.

  10. #90
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Did you attend any of the teaparty events? If so did you ever stand beside someone who was screaming racist remarks and holding a racist sign and give them that same lecture?

    Pointing out the fact that there are very many out there who do not like, infact hate, the president because he's black is not race baiting..I do not choose to ignore the obvious for convienence sake.

    Do you deny this?
    I've been to two Tea Party events... the first one there was no one with racist signs nor was there any one screaming anything.... nor was there any violence nor threat of violence.

    The second event was different from the first in only one instance. A man drove his van into a crowd of protesters, injuring 4 right in front of me.... I grabbed 2 other people and jumped out of his way. He was drunk and tried to pick a fight with all that were there, then he went up and took the microphone from the speaker and told us how good for us Government healthcare would be.

    No one would fight with him, no one did anything to him until the cops came and took him away..... I think he was probably a Democrat, but I can't be sure.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •