View Poll Results: Do You Think The Right Will Get Violent?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    51 77.27%
  • Yes, and this is a good thing

    5 7.58%
  • Yes, and this is a bad thing

    10 15.15%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 147

Thread: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

  1. #41
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    responsible ownership doesn't mean carrying to a presidential event, just because one CAN.
    Why? One can, and they did so within full context of the law. They did not act threateningly towards anyway, they didn't do anything wrong. Why should I freak out about that? Why should I get my panties in a knot over this and seek to prevent people from exercising their rights at their discretion while doing nothing wrong?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #42
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeVFF View Post
    The right to bear arms? Or do you so off handedly throw out insults you no longer remember those you are criticizing...
    And they are doing this how? What laws are they passing to limit that right? You can back up that claim, right?

  3. #43
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Why? One can, and they did so within full context of the law. They did not act threateningly towards anyway, they didn't do anything wrong. Why should I freak out about that? Why should I get my panties in a knot over this and seek to prevent people from exercising their rights at their discretion while doing nothing wrong?
    yes, they did so legally. why didn't anyone openly carry guns until obama began speaking?

    you wear panties? ;-)

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #44
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Obama isn't trying to do ****.

    I'm talking about you and your conservative counterparts. You're only perpetuating the idea that anyone who disagrees with his policies is a racist... because "omg they're part of the same party!"

    Sotamyer is the first that springs to mind... and while it was more curt and discreet, her racism is apparent in the way she speaks of herself... in reference to "non-hispanics".

    Personally, I don't care about racism... it's not something that will make me hate you, or who you support.. because it's a viewpoint... albeit kind of stupid.. but it's your viewpoint, and we live in the United States where we're still allowed to have that freedom.

    But I do find it funny, and Ironic that the left has continually cried foul about racism.


    btw, your idea of "responsible" doesn't change our rights.
    i have never dismissed honest debate. i'm really surprised that you see no racism in confederate flags displayed at obama protests. but as you note, stupid opinions aren't illegal.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #45
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    yes, they did so legally. why didn't anyone openly carry guns until obama began speaking?

    you wear panties? ;-)
    Because up until the Clinton Era they didn't have to worry about their guns being taken away from them.


    And like I've speculated before in this thread.. Obama has nominated quite a few anti-gun people to his cabinet / advisors... It makes sense to correlate that they would be working in their interests as well..

    Some of them have even gone as far as saying that they would re-enact the '94 AWB... (re: Eric Holder).


    So the law abiding citizens of this country displaying that they're not about to let their rights be flushed down the drain by this Administration is actually... pretty on topic / straight forward what their intentions were for being there.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  6. #46
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i have never dismissed honest debate. i'm really surprised that you see no racism in confederate flags displayed at obama protests. but as you note, stupid opinions aren't illegal.
    You realize that the confederate flag doesn't signify racism, except in liberal / I'm too intelligent for you opinion?

    I see the confederate flag and I think of the Southern States... who fought a civil war with the Northern states, because they wanted to maintain states rights and their laws... and were talking about seceding from the union.

    I don't see racism.. but if you do, then that's you.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  7. #47
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Because up until the Clinton Era they didn't have to worry about their guns being taken away from them.


    And like I've speculated before in this thread.. Obama has nominated quite a few anti-gun people to his cabinet / advisors... It makes sense to correlate that they would be working in their interests as well..

    Some of them have even gone as far as saying that they would re-enact the '94 AWB... (re: Eric Holder).


    So the law abiding citizens of this country displaying that they're not about to let their rights be flushed down the drain by this Administration is actually... pretty on topic / straight forward what their intentions were for being there.
    leap away. let me know when your rights are really under assault.

    btw, i thought they were attending health care forums? lol!

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #48
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    leap away. let me know when your rights are really under assault.

    btw, i thought they were attending health care forums? lol!


    Neat, the anti-war activists were attending whatever speeches Bush held... Way to go! (I could care less, because we still have the first amendment, but.. it goes to prove a point)

    My rights as a firearm owner and minority in this country are continually under assault by people such as those who are in office. Just because you chose to ignore it, doesn't mean it's not so.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  9. #49
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    yes, they did so legally. why didn't anyone openly carry guns until obama began speaking?
    It doesnt matter. They carried them, legally, as is their right.

    What's wrong with exercising your rights?

  10. #50
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: If Health Care Reform Passes, Will Things Get Violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    It doesnt matter. They carried them, legally, as is their right.

    What's wrong with exercising your rights?
    Nothing, as long as we're talking about something they agree with.


    I've had this same conversation with my very liberal girlfriend about gay rights... and how Liberals are very fascist / totalitarian when it comes to forcing their opinions down other's throats... it's actually pretty funny.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •