View Poll Results: Are you happy that Obama supports Medical Marijuana and Decimalization

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 75.00%
  • No

    3 15.00%
  • Other

    2 10.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: 10 Year Old Boy Uses Medical Marijuana *Proof*

  1. #21
    Student jr602az's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix,Az USA
    Last Seen
    12-29-10 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    162

    Re: 10 Year Old Boy Uses Medical Marijuana *Proof*

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Depends on what you mean by bad. There are some definite potentially negative effects both short term and long term from the use of marijuana. Saying it is "not bad" is highly inaccurate.
    I believe marijuana is less harmful then other drugs that are legal now.

    I just don't understand why they have to put people in prison or let the government tell them what they can or can't do with there own body. It doesn't matter if the drug is bad or not, the government shouldn't even torture our citizens who are addicted to drugs. They should be helping them Not throwing them in prison and taking their money away.
    Now that's not Freedom....

  2. #22
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,544

    Re: 10 Year Old Boy Uses Medical Marijuana *Proof*

    Quote Originally Posted by jr602az View Post
    I believe marijuana is less harmful then other drugs that are legal now.

    I just don't understand why they have to put people in prison or let the government tell them what they can or can't do with there own body. It doesn't matter if the drug is bad or not, the government shouldn't even torture our citizens who are addicted to drugs. They should be helping them Not throwing them in prison and taking their money away.
    Now that's not Freedom....
    You know what?

    I agree with you, philosophically. I agree with you while having no interest in any recreational drugs save alcohol (and a sneaking curiosity about abstinthe). But I come to it, it looks like, from the opposite direction -- my views on personal freedom formed first and then I recognized that recreational drug use falls under it.

    But I really wish you, and others like you, would drop the pretense and cut out all the nonsense about the "medicinal uses" of marijuana, and how it's "good for the economy," and everything else you don't actually care about -- just say you want to get high, it's your own business, and you don't think you should be put in jail for it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 10 Year Old Boy Uses Medical Marijuana *Proof*

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    You know what?

    I agree with you, philosophically. I agree with you while having no interest in any recreational drugs save alcohol (and a sneaking curiosity about abstinthe). But I come to it, it looks like, from the opposite direction -- my views on personal freedom formed first and then I recognized that recreational drug use falls under it.

    But I really wish you, and others like you, would drop the pretense and cut out all the nonsense about the "medicinal uses" of marijuana, and how it's "good for the economy," and everything else you don't actually care about -- just say you want to get high, it's your own business, and you don't think you should be put in jail for it.
    Marijuana does have a valid medical use. There is nothing wrong with pointing it out.

  4. #24
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,544

    Re: 10 Year Old Boy Uses Medical Marijuana *Proof*

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Marijuana does have a valid medical use. There is nothing wrong with pointing it out.
    Yeah, but it pretty transparent why he does.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 10 Year Old Boy Uses Medical Marijuana *Proof*

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Marijuana does have a valid medical use. There is nothing wrong with pointing it out.
    But the reason he is pointing it out is not because he cares about medical treatment using weed, but because he wants to get high. Almost every single post he makes is on this one subject. In point of fact, those who want just medical marijuana, and not complete decriminalization have their point hurt by people like him who are glomming onto their issue just because he wants to get high.

    He should just be honest, and actually argue for decriminalization or legalization, and leave medical marijuana out of it.

  6. #26
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,544

    Re: 10 Year Old Boy Uses Medical Marijuana *Proof*

    Well, I also don't particularly care to have libertarianism glommed onto by people whose primary interest is getting fried. But that's not a new thing, of course.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #27
    Educator Shep Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-19-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    911

    Re: 10 Year Old Boy Uses Medical Marijuana *Proof*

    I can speak from experience. I have a "prescription" for marijuana. It treats a sleeping disorder. Honestly, there are other med's that would be as effective. My preference is marijuana. I play their game, and get my prescription to avoid any hassles. If I didn't have a sleep disorder, I would still smoke. (vaporizer) The only issue I may face, is now I live primarily in Va. They don't recognize the Ca. prescription as being legal. But if push comes to shove, I'm prepared to fight it in court. I still maintain a residence in Ca. as well.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote Benjamin Franklin

    I'm a Tiki Bar Tarte, wanna gnaw on my bone

  8. #28
    Student jr602az's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix,Az USA
    Last Seen
    12-29-10 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    162

    Re: 10 Year Old Boy Uses Medical Marijuana *Proof*

    Quote Originally Posted by Shep Dawg View Post
    I can speak from experience. I have a "prescription" for marijuana. It treats a sleeping disorder. Honestly, there are other med's that would be as effective. My preference is marijuana. I play their game, and get my prescription to avoid any hassles. If I didn't have a sleep disorder, I would still smoke. (vaporizer) The only issue I may face, is now I live primarily in Va. They don't recognize the Ca. prescription as being legal. But if push comes to shove, I'm prepared to fight it in court. I still maintain a residence in Ca. as well.
    hey i have a vaporizer too.lol

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 10 Year Old Boy Uses Medical Marijuana *Proof*

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Yeah, but it pretty transparent why he does.
    I thought you were being sarcastic in your reference to marijuana's medicinal uses, as if the uses themselves were not legitimate.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 10 Year Old Boy Uses Medical Marijuana *Proof*

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    But the reason he is pointing it out is not because he cares about medical treatment using weed, but because he wants to get high. Almost every single post he makes is on this one subject. In point of fact, those who want just medical marijuana, and not complete decriminalization have their point hurt by people like him who are glomming onto their issue just because he wants to get high.

    He should just be honest, and actually argue for decriminalization or legalization, and leave medical marijuana out of it.
    You don't know that he doesn't care about it. He can want to smoke marijuana and also care about its medical applications as well. The two points are not mutually exclusive.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •