View Poll Results: Have "government-agents" bust down your door?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 20.00%
  • No

    28 80.00%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 98 of 98

Thread: Have "government-agents" bust down your door?

  1. #91
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Have "government-agents" bust down your door?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
    Gallows humor.




    Why would people in a "nation" with many warring communist / theocratic governments be particularly interested in seeing a movie about an Anarcho-Capitalist?

    No, this movie would be in the language of John Locke, Adam Smith, Thomas Jefferson, Lysander Spooner, Ayn Rand, Murray Rothbard, and Patri Friedman!
    I think you've missed the point.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  2. #92
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Have "government-agents" bust down your door?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
    IT HAPPENED TO MY FRIENDS AND IT WILL HAPPEN TO ME TOO

    You know. I read this book a while back called 'The Great Derangement' pretty interesting book about American culture. It had this really interesting passage about people who have realized their lives are boring and irrelevant coming up with the oddest ways to make themselves seem more important to the rest of the world.

    One of the behaviors he points out in such people is how a lot of them seem believe in conspiracy theories(think truthers or birthers). Some of these conspiracy theories are in large scale like people who claim 9/11 was carried out by the government. Others were small scale in the sense that the government would be out to get them because they held some sort of knowledge(like for instance what 'really happened in 9/11') about the world the government didn't want anybody to know.

    I mean when you break down these theories they seem incredibly interesting and grounded in reality but at the end of the day they are just the concoctions of people with really boring lives trying to make themselves seem more important than they actually are.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #93
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Have "government-agents" bust down your door?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Have "government-agents" bust down your door?Everyone please knock off the personal attacks.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    11-01-09 @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    829

    Re: Have "government-agents" bust down your door?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You know. I read this book a while back called 'The Great Derangement' pretty interesting book about American culture. It had this really interesting passage about people who have realized their lives are boring and irrelevant coming up with the oddest ways to make themselves seem more important to the rest of the world. [...]
    Yes, let's all stop thinking for ourselves and drink the government Kool-Aid, lest we be called deranged...

    Goebbels couldn't have said it better himself. (That's not a personal attack.)

  5. #95
    Clown Prince of Politics
    Psychoclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hiding from the voices in my head.
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: Have "government-agents" bust down your door?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Well let's see here :

    - We have former drug addicts.
    - We have former marines.
    - We have people with really rare medical conditions
    - We have Nazis.
    - We have racists.
    - We have black people.
    - We even have libertarians.

    ---------------------------------------------------

    We have all these groups who are 'minorities' from the American landscape but not a single person in this entire forum has ever had any 'government agent' bust down their door. It's mostly a fact finding mission to see if this happens as often as people throw it out. You know. The government is coming to take your guns. Pay taxes or the government will come after you. However, I've never even so much as seen one of these government agents who are just ready to come get average Joe for whatever small reason. It's pretty interesting.
    What's your point? It doesn't happen often and yes some extremists are very much chicken little screaming, "The sky is falling and our government is marching towards totalitarianism!" But it does happen and the government does ultimately enforce all of its laws by the threat of force.

    If you openly defy the government on an issue they decide is serious enough, they will ultimately send agents through your door to arrest you. The reason it doesn't happen more often is because the threat of forced imprisonment, garnished wages, or other government sanctioned penalties is enough to deter most folks from defying the government in the first place or if they do, letting it escalate to the point where government is ready to take a heavy handed approach.
    Slipping into madness is good for the sake of comparison - Unknown.

  6. #96
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Have "government-agents" bust down your door?

    The absence of evidence is not.....
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  7. #97
    Student LowRevs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Downeast in NC
    Last Seen
    07-12-12 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    272

    Re: Have "government-agents" bust down your door?

    Let me see. The last "government agent" I let in my personal abode was an advance secret service agent for a visit GHWB made to the new Coast Guard C3 Center in Miami. I had invited him over for drinks. He had been latched onto by a female friend of mine, big red. OooWe, she was something.

    Nice guy, by the way.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.--Thomas Jefferson

  8. #98
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Have "government-agents" bust down your door?

    Quote Originally Posted by LowRevs View Post
    Let me see. The last "government agent" I let in my personal abode was an advance secret service agent for a visit GHWB made to the new Coast Guard C3 Center in Miami. I had invited him over for drinks. He had been latched onto by a female friend of mine, big red. OooWe, she was something.

    Nice guy, by the way.
    Well then it sounds like that agent did a different kind of "busting" than what the OP was talking about.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •