View Poll Results: Is It Possible To Seal Our Borders?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    34 49.28%
  • No

    35 50.72%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 146

Thread: Is It Possible To Seal Our Borders?

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Is It Possible To Seal Our Borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Serious View Post
    It's not practical to perfectly seal the border. But the numbers can be reduced significantly by erecting barriers, use monitoring combined comand and control capeabelities to target areas of illegal entry. Use intelligence, that is, send spies to find out ahead of time when and where illegals will attempt to cross.
    So I guess your answer to the poll question is YES......It is impossible to seal our borders.

    Now.....If someone were to start a new poll asking:

    "Can the numbers can be reduced significantly by erecting barriers, use monitoring combined comand and control capeabelities to target areas of illegal entry. Use intelligence, that is, send spies to find out ahead of time when and where illegals will attempt to cross?"

    Then your answer would also be YES.......but that is not the question being asked in this thread.
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-12-09 at 11:40 PM.

  2. #92
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 11:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Is It Possible To Seal Our Borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    So I guess your answer to the poll question is YES......It is impossible to seal our borders.
    that was not the poll question.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Is It Possible To Seal Our Borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by emdash View Post
    that was not the poll question.

    Sorry...Long day yesterday. The poll question is "Is It Possible To Seal Our Borders?"...So your answer would be NO.



    But, the poll question was not:

    "Can the numbers can be reduced significantly by erecting barriers, use monitoring combined comand and control capeabelities to target areas of illegal entry. Use intelligence, that is, send spies to find out ahead of time when and where illegals will attempt to cross?"

    To THAT question, your answer would obviously be YES.......but that is not the question being asked in this thread, & my point is still valid..
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-13-09 at 08:05 AM.

  4. #94
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 11:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Is It Possible To Seal Our Borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Sorry...Long day yesterday. The poll question is "Is It Possible To Seal Our Borders?"...So your answer would be NO.



    But, the poll question was not:

    "Can the numbers can be reduced significantly by erecting barriers, use monitoring combined comand and control capeabelities to target areas of illegal entry. Use intelligence, that is, send spies to find out ahead of time when and where illegals will attempt to cross?"

    To THAT question, your answer would obviously be YES.......but that is not the question being asked in this thread, & my point is still valid..
    you want to know if it is possible to seal our borders like tupperware so that there are no undocumented entries anywhere, ever? with no exceptions? and we should all vote NO, that is what you wanted when you made the poll?

  5. #95
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Is It Possible To Seal Our Borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Serious View Post
    It's not practical to perfectly seal the border. But the numbers can be reduced significantly by erecting barriers, use monitoring combined comand and control capeabelities to target areas of illegal entry. Use intelligence, that is, send spies to find out ahead of time when and where illegals will attempt to cross.
    i'm sure that the Mexican government will love that

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Is It Possible To Seal Our Borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Serious View Post
    It's not practical to perfectly seal the border. But the numbers can be reduced significantly by erecting barriers, use monitoring combined comand and control capeabelities to target areas of illegal entry. Use intelligence, that is, send spies to find out ahead of time when and where illegals will attempt to cross.
    Here's the real problem: Neither party wants to do it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Considering the standard thinking is that the Dems like illegal aliens because....... they are just poor people looking to improve their lives & a potential source of votes

    & the Repubs like them... because they are a source of cheap labor to work in their factories, mow their lawns & great whipping boys for jingoistic "Yelling Points"....


    Which Party is really more interested in ending illegal immigration in this country??

    (or are both major parties just paying "lip service" to this problem while snickering at us taxpayers?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    No.....The real problem is that rich businesses & individuals employ them as cheap labor. (including Mitt Romney as gardeners on his Massachusetts mansion) Romney fires landscaper after Globe inquiry cites illegal immigrants - The Boston Globe

    (Isn't Romney one of the front runners for the GOP Presidential nomination in 2012?.....Oh yeah........The GOP really wants to stop illegal aliens from coming into this country alright!!)
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-13-09 at 08:19 PM.

  7. #97
    John Schnatter 2012 Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-20-12 @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    638

    Re: Is It Possible To Seal Our Borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by jr602az View Post
    I think Canada, Mexico and USA should Unite and stop the failure borders.

    Same here. I laughed when I first heard of this idea a few months ago, but it's very possible and we could keep our sovereignty. I strongly believe Mexico would join our union since they lack financial resources, man-power to combat the drug cartels, ect.

    It's a win win for both of us in my opinion. The U.S. will have 3 more states and
    no more money will be spent on FAILED immigration enforcement. In fact, we could use the border patrol troops to help combat the cartels.

    The best part of this will be the fall of the Mexico-U.S. border fence. Children from both sides of the border will be able to play with each other like they could in the 1990's.

    Oh yea, and we will no longer feel like we are living in Berlin!


    Canada on the other hand... Well, I don't think the queen of England and the people of Canada would like the idea.
    Last edited by Phantom; 09-14-09 at 12:07 AM.

  8. #98
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Is It Possible To Seal Our Borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Oh yea, and we will no longer feel like we are living in Berlin!
    That moronic comment reminded me of this clip (00:52 -01:12 seconds)
    Video: Marines in Berkeley | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

    anti-military dirty hippy bum whining about Marine recruiters in Berkeley- "I kinda of felt like probably how the Iraqis felt like we were being occupied".
    Last edited by jamesrage; 09-14-09 at 12:26 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #99
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 11:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Is It Possible To Seal Our Borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    anti-military dirty hippy bum whining about Marine recruiters in Berkeley- "I kinda of felt like probably how the Iraqis felt like we were being occupied".
    I liked that part

  10. #100
    John Schnatter 2012 Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-20-12 @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    638

    Re: Is It Possible To Seal Our Borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    That moronic comment reminded me of this clip (00:52 -01:12 seconds)
    Video: Marines in Berkeley | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

    anti-military dirty hippy bum whining about Marine recruiters in Berkeley- "I kinda of felt like probably how the Iraqis felt like we were being occupied".
    I'm not anti-military (a strong defense is a great thing when it works) or a bum, but I must admit I am a hippy.

    Thanks for the reply.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •