View Poll Results: Why are we at war with Iraq

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oil

    13 46.43%
  • 9/11

    4 14.29%
  • Atomic Bomb

    2 7.14%
  • I Don't Know

    9 32.14%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 123

Thread: Why Are We At War With Iraq?

  1. #21
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    55,116

    Re: Why Are We At War With Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    We're also not fighting Iraq.
    We sure put enough holes in it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #22
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Why Are We At War With Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    Part of it is maintaining a strategic foothold in an oil-rich region, no doubt.
    There are also easier ways of doing this that bombing the crap out of and occupying a nation.

  3. #23
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,442

    Re: Why Are We At War With Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    We sure put enough holes in it.
    Patton, Bradley, and Arnold put a lot of holes in France.
    It's not "tolerance" if you already approve of what you purport to "tolerate."

  4. #24
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    55,116

    Re: Why Are We At War With Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Patton, Bradley, and Arnold put a lot of holes in France.
    Serves it right!
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #25
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,140

    Re: Why Are We At War With Iraq?

    We created the oppurtunity to draw 40 thousand jihadists into the open so we could kill them and we're in a very strategically advantagous position in the ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    55,116

    Re: Why Are We At War With Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    and we're in a very strategically advantagous position in the ME.
    under fire?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #27
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,140

    Re: Why Are We At War With Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    I find it impossibly difficult to believe that we would be in Iraq if its main exports were soybeans instead of oil.
    We're not in Sudan.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  8. #28
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,140

    Re: Why Are We At War With Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    under fire?
    What's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    55,116

    Re: Why Are We At War With Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    We're not in Sudan.
    Nor are we anywhere near Africa which has way worse problems, more diabolical war lords, more suffering than Iraq did...but we're keeping our distance from that hellhole.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #30
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    55,116

    Re: Why Are We At War With Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What's your point?
    Doesn't seem to be very advantageous to be a foreign occupying force in a well entrenched and supported populace being shot at consistently and adding to the fire of hatred and aggression towards ourselves. Seems actually counter productive.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •