View Poll Results: Will you utilize the public healthcare option?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    21 35.00%
  • No

    23 38.33%
  • Maybe

    16 26.67%
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 218

Thread: Would you utilize the public option?

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Would you utilize the public option?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Gotta say that I am thrilled that so many of you would never sign up for the public option no matter how favorably it compares to a private insurance plan!
    That is the laughable part of your illusion; that the public option would compare favorably with a private insurance plan or that the effort of Democrats is to do away with private for profit insurance and health entities in the future once they can pass this 1,000 page attempt to obfuscate the obvious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    I definitely think you should call your provider and reassure them that is the case. They are terrified that people will discover that they actually don't provide any real value in the U.S. health care system. They skim off 20-30% of every health care dollar...but since y'all don't mind. I think that is great. Just let the rest of us make a different choice.
    But of course this is nothing more than empty hyperbolic rhetoric with no facts to support it.

    Again it begs the question; why do supporters of Government takeovers of our economy lie and distort to make their case? Could it be because there are no facts and the historic record doesn't support their political positions?

  2. #92
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Would you utilize the public option?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post

    Once again this is nothing more than your typical; "because I say so."

    I can't say that I am surprised with your obfuscations, trite condescensionís and laughable notions about what a "breach of contract" is and a denial of benefits.

    It is almost as amusing as your desperate assertions that the Democrats are not desperately trying to pass a PUBLIC healthcare bill and cloaking it as a "free market" tool.

    But then, denial appears to be your forte'; as usual.

    I will once again illustrate; a denial of benefits can be done as long as there is no BREACH of CONTRACT. In other words, they can indeed deny you benefits if those benefits are not permitted by the agreement; the two are self exclusionary contrary to your farcical notions about your knowledge of healthcare insurance and contract laws.

    But alas, who can accuse you of intellectual honesty right?

    Cary on!
    And as usual, you would prefer to argue your agenda rather than what is actually being discussed. Good reason why your posts are never taken seriously. Can denial of benefits NOT be a breach of contract? Sure. If authorization is required and not gotten, first, for example. This is not "denial of benefits" per say, though. But we are not discussing that, and as usual, you try to move the goalposts, hiding the fact that you do not know what you are talking about. We are discussing situations where denial of benefits and breaching the contract are identical. I know it's hard, but try to stay on point.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Would you utilize the public option?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Obviously, you have no understanding of what "denial of benefits" means, but that should not be surprising, since you demonstrate a less than mediocre understanding of the entire health care issue. Let me say it simply, so you might understand...even though I have already described it...
    What a trite, yet uninformed attempt at condescension. But such condescension is truly ironic when you so obviously haven't the slightest comprehension of the differences between a BREACH and "Denial of Benefits" in this debate.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    ...but quite typically, you came in here with an agenda having nothing to do with the thread.
    Oh yes, silly me and my agenda of getting the TRUTH and exposing lies, distortions and the secret agenda of Libruls to foist Government Socialism onto our society through the use of scare tactics, fear mongering, hyperbole, demagoguery, lies and distortions.

    But I surely would be amused at what you think "my agenda" could be.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You have a benefit in your benefit package. You need to utilize it for medical treatment. Your doctor deems it necessary. Your insurance company refuses to pay for this benefit that is in your package.
    Once again, your insurance company can refuse treatment if it is permitted within the AGREEMENT/CONTRACT and not be in BREACH of that agreement.

    Give me a great big here dude!

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Hopefully, this helps you to have a modicum of understanding of what we are discussing.
    The notion that you can lecture anyone on contract law requires the willful suspension of disbelief based on your uninformed efforts.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You cannot sue an insurance company for refusing to release benefits. The insurance lobby fought hard to not have this allowed. So you are wrong. As usual.
    But you CAN sue them if they are in BREACH of their agreement. Once again, you appear to find reality and the FACTS elusive.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Blah, blah, blah. Nothing more than irrelevant blather. Do you plan on addressing the issue any time soon, or are you going to continue to soapbox with irrelevancies?
    The only one apparently blathering here is you with your funny notions about what constitutes a breach of contract.

    By all means, continue making yourself look completely foolish and uninformed.

  4. #94
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Would you utilize the public option?

    Quote Originally Posted by High Old Silver View Post
    You're going to opt out of Medicare??!?!!
    Dear ****ing god, yes. I've seen how Medicare works first hand while working in the health care industry.

    It sound like you trust insurance companies more than the you trust government employees.
    I trust pretty much anyone to handle things better than the government does.

    Myself, I not sure I want some profit motivated insurance company employee looking at my health care cost as item that may reduce his bonus.
    And myself, I KNOW I don't want some government bureaucrat deciding that I'm not allowed to eat this or drink that or participate in that kind of sport because they don't want to foot the bill should I get sick or injured. I also don't want to pay out the ass in taxes to fund something as sad as medicaid/medicare, be denied payment of my services and be too broke to pay for it myself because I'm being taxed to death to pay for "healthcare" that rations its services.

    Wait a moment, I spend a micro-second thinking about this and I know I DON'T want some insurance company clown to make that decision.
    And I KNOW I DON'T want some government group making decisions about my personal life choices and healthcare. I do NOT want the government to have a vested interest in my health and as such, have reason and ability to limit my personal freedoms and choices.

    But you can make your own choices.
    At least for now I can.

    Good luck finding an insurance policy that has no government subsidy when you're over 65. If you really beat the bushes you might find one $15k to $20K/month.
    Who says I would even have it?

    Stick to your principles.
    I always do.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Gotta say that I am thrilled that so many of you would never sign up for the public option no matter how favorably it compares to a private insurance plan!

    I definitely think you should call your provider and reassure them that is the case. They are terrified that people will discover that they actually don't provide any real value in the U.S. health care system. They skim off 20-30% of every health care dollar...but since y'all don't mind. I think that is great. Just let the rest of us make a different choice.
    I have no problem with people choosing to mooch off the government as long as I can choose not to, and choose not to pay for it with my taxes.

    Public option is absolutely fine with me as long as I can opt out of using it and opt out of paying for it. In that case, I consider the government just another insurance agency - As long as they refrain from banning "unhealthy" foods or activities and/or refrain from mandating certain activities.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Would you utilize the public option?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And as usual, you would prefer to argue your agenda rather than what is actually being discussed. Good reason why your posts are never taken seriously. Can denial of benefits NOT be a breach of contract? Sure. If authorization is required and not gotten, first, for example. This is not "denial of benefits" per say, though. But we are not discussing that, and as usual, you try to move the goalposts, hiding the fact that you do not know what you are talking about. We are discussing situations where denial of benefits and breaching the contract are identical. I know it's hard, but try to stay on point.
    Once again, you cannot DENY benefits if they are permitted within the AGREEMENT and if you attempt to DENY benefits that are permitted in the AGREEMENT you are then in BREACH of that agreement and yes, a remedy for that BREACH would indeed be in a court of law.

    Man, this is not that hard is it?

    Now, going with VOID's argument; if the Government denies treatment, and they will to reduce costs and there is no contract with them, where are you going to go?

  6. #96
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Would you utilize the public option?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What a trite, yet uninformed attempt at condescension. But such condescension is truly ironic when you so obviously haven't the slightest comprehension of the differences between a BREACH and "Denial of Benefits" in this debate.
    The condescension was quite on target and just a response to your own nastiness. If you do not like it, I make two suggestions: 1) Post civilly and you will get the same in response; 2) Demonstrate some understanding of the topic being discussed and respond in context.



    Oh yes, silly me and my agenda of getting the TRUTH and exposing lies, distortions and the secret agenda of Libruls to foist Government Socialism onto our society through the use of scare tactics, fear mongering, hyperbole, demagoguery, lies and distortions.

    But I surely would be amused at what you think "my agenda" could be.
    Your agenda is wha all extreme rightwing hyperpartisans have. Only speak in misrepresentations, foolish generalizations, inaccurate fear mongering, out of context comments, and outright dishonesty. Unless you have changed, and this thread seems to show that you haven't, your posts go along with your agenda.



    Once again, your insurance company can refuse treatment if it is permitted within the AGREEMENT/CONTRACT and not be in BREACH of that agreement.

    Give me a great big here dude!
    And that's not what we are talking about.

    I know it's hard, but try to stay on topic.



    The notion that you can lecture anyone on contract law requires the willful suspension of disbelief based on your uninformed efforts.
    The notion that you can lecture anyone on the dealings with insurance companies is laughable at best.



    But you CAN sue them if they are in BREACH of their agreement. Once again, you appear to find reality and the FACTS elusive.
    You really don't know what you are talking about, do you? If this occurs, there is an appeal process that is in ALL insurance company agreements if you have a dispute. Once this process is exhausted (and there are usually 4-5 levels), then you can go the legal route. Same as with Medicare.

    So, as I said, these two scenarios are identical.



    The only one apparently blathering here is you with your funny notions about what constitutes a breach of contract.

    By all means, continue making yourself look completely foolish and uninformed.
    Get back to us when you have some basic understanding of how insurance companies operate. When you do, perhaps then you can add substance to this discussion.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #97
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Would you utilize the public option?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Once again, you cannot DENY benefits if they are permitted within the AGREEMENT and if you attempt to DENY benefits that are permitted in the AGREEMENT you are then in BREACH of that agreement and yes, a remedy for that BREACH would indeed be in a court of law.

    Man, this is not that hard is it?
    Already discussed this. Please try to follow along.

    Now, going with VOID's argument; if the Government denies treatment, and they will to reduce costs and there is no contract with them, where are you going to go?
    The exact same process. This is not difficult stuff, TD.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #98
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Lots and lots of questions, but mine was FIRST

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    I asked the question. The onus was on CC to answer.
    Actually you asked a question to his question.

    You just don't like me OC, because I have cleaned your clock before.
    Just like you "cleaned" Bodha's, Lexrst's and a whole host of others eh?

    There's some semantics for you.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #99
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Would you utilize the public option?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Once again, you cannot DENY benefits if they are permitted within the AGREEMENT and if you attempt to DENY benefits that are permitted in the AGREEMENT you are then in BREACH of that agreement and yes, a remedy for that BREACH would indeed be in a court of law.
    Actually you can. Insurance companies will delay payment for the treatment over and over and over until you're dead. That's effectively denial of benefits. It's not technically breach of contract because they delaying treatment until you're dead, at which point the contract is no longer valid.

    The end result is still the same.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #100
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Would you utilize the public option?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Dear ****ing god, yes. I've seen how Medicare works first hand while working in the health care industry.
    So have I. In some cases it's better and in some cases it's worse than private insurance.


    I trust pretty much anyone to handle things better than the government does.
    I do not.


    And myself, I KNOW I don't want some government bureaucrat deciding that I'm not allowed to eat this or drink that or participate in that kind of sport because they don't want to foot the bill should I get sick or injured. I also don't want to pay out the ass in taxes to fund something as sad as medicaid/medicare, be denied payment of my services and be too broke to pay for it myself because I'm being taxed to death to pay for "healthcare" that rations its services.
    I do not want ANYONE other than my healthcare provider deciding what I can or cannot do and what treatment I can or cannot have.


    And I KNOW I DON'T want some government group making decisions about my personal life choices and healthcare. I do NOT want the government to have a vested interest in my health and as such, have reason and ability to limit my personal freedoms and choices.
    I'll say it again, I do not want ANYONE other than my healthcare provider deciding what I can or cannot do and what treatment I can or cannot have. That includes the bureaucrats at private insurance companies.


    I have no problem with people choosing to mooch off the government as long as I can choose not to, and choose not to pay for it with my taxes.

    Public option is absolutely fine with me as long as I can opt out of using it and opt out of paying for it. In that case, I consider the government just another insurance agency - As long as they refrain from banning "unhealthy" foods or activities and/or refrain from mandating certain activities.
    I agree with you here.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •