View Poll Results: Should the U.S. pull it's troops out of Afganistan?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. There is no possible victory there for us.

    11 17.19%
  • No. Stay & finish the job

    35 54.69%
  • Yes. Leave a mobil force in the area to fight terrorists/Taliban but leave Afganistan.

    15 23.44%
  • Pull all troops out of the area. It's not our fight.

    10 15.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 147

Thread: Should We Get Out Of Afganistan?

  1. #71
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Should We Get Out Of Afganistan?

    America has vital national security interests in Afghanistan that make fighting there necessary.

    The key objectives of the campaign are preventing Afghanistan from again serving as a sanctuary for terrorists with global reach and ensuring that it does not become the catalyst for a broader regional security meltdown.

    Afghanistan also serves as a base from which the United States attacks al-Qaeda forces inside Pakistan and thus assists in the broader campaign against that terrorist organization -- one that we clearly must win.

    OBL 11/24/02

  2. #72
    Student 75Greeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-19-13 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    266

    Re: Should We Get Out Of Afganistan?

    stay and finish the job of cours

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should We Get Out Of Afganistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    America has vital national security interests in Afghanistan that make fighting there necessary.
    So when do you leave?

  4. #74
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Should We Get Out Of Afganistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    So when do you leave?
    I'm too old to re-enlist. I tried.

    OBL 11/24/02

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should We Get Out Of Afganistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    I'm too old to re-enlist. I tried.
    Then don't volunteer other's kids.

  6. #76
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Should We Get Out Of Afganistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    That's fantastic but, forgive me, this is going to sound a little callous, but what business is that of ours?
    Unfortunately, when their cultures breed terrorism that eventually reach our shores it becomes our business. This civilization breeds, creates, caters, and hosts terrorist organizations between Cairo and Islamabad. There are no Muslim armies marching across deserts to put down what they claim they condemn. No great civilizational outburst over what they claim they condemn.

    However we deal with them, they have made themselves our business. Now, this doesn't mean that we should be in the business of "nation building" for those incapable or simply refuse to rise above their self imposed civiliational and cultural failures. But making them our business before the 9/11s and certainly before they start arming their God with nuclear weapons is necessary.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  7. #77
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,030

    Re: Should We Get Out Of Afganistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Yeah...Don't you just hate it when liberals do that!
    Ok, once and for all, I was on this ship. We put that sign up there that said "mission accomplished". Because, for us, it was. We did what we were ordered to do, and came home. I am so frickin tired of seeing how often that was taken out of text. We were out to sea for almost 10 months, the longest deployment in almost 30 years. I will admit that I can't really remember much of Pres. Bush's speech or how he incorporated our banner into it, but geez. In the words of our battle group's admiral the morning we got turned around from going home so that we could support OIF "Get over it".

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should We Get Out Of Afganistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Ok, once and for all, I was on this ship. We put that sign up there that said "mission accomplished". Because, for us, it was. We did what we were ordered to do, and came home. I am so frickin tired of seeing how often that was taken out of text. We were out to sea for almost 10 months, the longest deployment in almost 30 years. I will admit that I can't really remember much of Pres. Bush's speech or how he incorporated our banner into it, but geez. In the words of our battle group's admiral the morning we got turned around from going home so that we could support OIF "Get over it".
    Even if what you say is true.....Don't you think the implication of having that banner behind Bush (as he spoke) was deliberate & used to make a political point?
    Why not have Bush stand someplace else where that banner wasn't in view,or take it down for the speech.... if it had nothing to do with his speech.

    No....it was yet another obvious propaganda lie put out by Bush alright.........Period!
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-21-09 at 08:28 AM.

  9. #79
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,030

    Re: Should We Get Out Of Afganistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Even if what you say is true.....Don't you think the implication of having that banner behind Bush (as he spoke) was deliberate & used to make a political point?
    Why not have Bush stand someplace else where that banner wasn't in view, if it had nothing to do with his speech.

    No....it was yet another obvious propaganda lie put out by Bush alright.........Period!
    Maybe because he flew onboard our ship to welcome us home? Granted that it did look good for him to come aboard an aircraft carrier as it was returning from a military operation that he was trying to garner support for. However, that is our banner.

    I have no doubt that he was using it to support his speech, however, the context of the banner itself was meant to express our own support of OIF.

    Also, have you been aboard an aircraft carrier? The flight deck is a pretty boring sight. And the speech wasn't exactly "Welcome home and have a nice day." So the camera people have to have something to focus their cameras on during the speech, so why not have the banner that we took the time to put up in it?

  10. #80
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,030

    Re: Should We Get Out Of Afganistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Then don't volunteer other's kids.
    Who's volunteering others' kids? Last I looked, the military is completely voluntary and the longest enlistment is 6 years. Since 9/11 was 8 years ago, and we went to Afghanistan shortly after, I'd say that means that everyone there could pretty much assume that when they joined, they were going to end up supporting out there one way or another.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •