View Poll Results: Who is the best choice for republicans in 2012

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sarah Palin

    2 6.67%
  • Newt Gingrich

    0 0%
  • Mitt Romney

    17 56.67%
  • Mike Huckabee

    3 10.00%
  • Joe Scarborough

    0 0%
  • David Petraeus

    4 13.33%
  • Mitch Daniels

    1 3.33%
  • Rick Santorum

    3 10.00%
  • Bob Corker

    0 0%
  • Rudy Giuliani

    0 0%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 70

Thread: Best Early pick for Republicans in 2012

  1. #51
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    12-19-10 @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    38

    Re: Best Early pick for Republicans in 2012

    As far as the list goes, Mike Huckabee is the only one who has a tax plan that makes any since.

  2. #52
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Best Early pick for Republicans in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Io0011 View Post
    Running as a third party candidate is a great way to guarantee your going to lose. If your smart you get the political machines to pay for your campaign. The last guy to try to be elected president who wasn't a republican or democrat was Millard Fillmore, running as a whig in the 1850's.
    That's not true, IO, there are always third party candidates.

    Teddy Roosevelt and Ross Perot are the most successful ones after Fillmore that come to mind.

    Nader played a big role too, even though he was not as successful as Perot or Roosevelt.


    PS ~ welcome to DP

  3. #53
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Best Early pick for Republicans in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ....Your devotion to Ron Paul has been noticed.
    Your "Libertarianophobia" has been duly noted, as well.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  4. #54
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    12-19-10 @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    38

    Re: Best Early pick for Republicans in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    That's not true, IO, there are always third party candidates.

    Teddy Roosevelt and Ross Perot are the most successful ones after Fillmore that come to mind.

    Nader played a big role too, even though he was not as successful as Perot or Roosevelt.
    Thank you for proving my point. They couldn't get elected, mainly because they "split the ticket" of the party that shared most of their views.

  5. #55
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Best Early pick for Republicans in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Io0011 View Post
    Thank you for proving my point. They couldn't get elected, mainly because they "split the ticket" of the party that shared most of their views.
    If that was your point, I wonder why you stated the last guy to try to get elected pres who wasn't a rep or a dem was Fillmore?

    Unless you meant the last one successfully elected pres who wasn't a rep or a dem?

  6. #56
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Best Early pick for Republicans in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Your "Libertarianophobia" has been duly noted, as well.
    You'd actually have to be scared of something to call it a phobia. I just like to mock the ideology that embodies the most radical aspects of liberalism and conservatism and then tries to call everyone else stupid or 'blind' like most cults usually do.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #57
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Best Early pick for Republicans in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You'd actually have to be scared of something to call it a phobia. I just like to mock the ideology that embodies the most radical aspects of liberalism and conservatism and then tries to call everyone else stupid or 'blind' like most cults usually do.
    C'mon now, no need to stereotype and generalize.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    11-01-09 @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    829

    Re: Best Early pick for Republicans in 2012

    One can't be a radical and a gradualist at the same time, and I'm clearly the latter.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Best Early pick for Republicans in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    C'mon now, no need to stereotype and generalize.
    When you have people looking up to a radical like Ron Paul, calling themselves a movement, screaming about some political moral high ground and it's not hard to run into those people within that 'movement'. Then I think it's safe to say you're a cult. Liberals are Catholics. Conservatives are Baptists. And Libertarians are the Phelps family.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #60
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Best Early pick for Republicans in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    When you have people looking up to a radical like Ron Paul, calling themselves a movement, screaming about some political moral high ground and it's not hard to run into those people within that 'movement'. Then I think it's safe to say you're a cult. Liberals are Catholics. Conservatives are Baptists. And Libertarians are the Phelps family.
    So are you done with your emotional diatribe yet, or should I get some more popcorn?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •