View Poll Results: Read the post and answer accordingly please

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, these type attacks in this number is harmfull to republicans

    34 51.52%
  • no, hitting the guy with everything they have is the way to go for republicans

    16 24.24%
  • It won't have much effect

    10 15.15%
  • Other/I don't know

    6 9.09%
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 155

Thread: Have the Republican Gone Too Far in Criticizing Obama

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Have the Republican Gone Too Far in Criticizing Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    While some people called Bush a Nazi...
    And a war-monger, and a war criminal, and an imperialist, and an idiot, and a puppet, and a fascist, etc.

    ...it wasn't a staple view of the leftwing...
    Yes it was. I should know...I used to be one of those liberals.

    ...and even those who used the term did not believe Bush sincerely adhered to the principles of a totalitarian ideology.
    Then why did they use the term? Can I call Barack Obama the n-word as long as I don't mean it?

    The same can't be said for the Republicans and their accusations that Obama is a socialist.
    He's the closest thing to a socialist we've ever had in office.

  2. #132
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Have the Republican Gone Too Far in Criticizing Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which was the intention of the poll, well that and to stir up a conversation.
    I know. My comment was aimed at someone trying to imply some great, important, telling conclusion of overriding fact based on the fact the poll was 2 to 1 in favor of it being "damaging".

    I think the poll was great for stirring conversation.

    I think anyone that thinks any poll on Debate Politics is telling of anything OTHER than what people in that thread on Debate Politics feels is deluding themselves

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Have the Republican Gone Too Far in Criticizing Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    Wouldn't totally disagree with that
    Just to add some ammo to my disclaimer that I am not a hard core Democrat partisan, I'd be glad to provide proof to DP forum admin that I was an officer (throughout my high school years) in the Teenage Republican Society (TARS). I pretty much distanced myself from the GOP in the early 1970's when Nixon tried to crown himself King
    Not everything in this world is as B&W as some think.
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-08-09 at 06:09 PM.

  4. #134
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: Have the Republican Gone Too Far in Criticizing Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    OK...(Sorry I was slow on the uptake)

    So we are just back into...."When all else fails"........ personal attack mode, eh?
    Hardly. It's simply demonstrating that you don't actually understand your own argument.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Have the Republican Gone Too Far in Criticizing Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Hardly. It's simply demonstrating that you don't actually understand your own argument.
    Phew....Am I relieved!!You had me worried there!!....Thinking it was another of your normal "I have nothing intelligent to ad to the debate so I'll just throw a few spitballs"....posts!!

  6. #136
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: Have the Republican Gone Too Far in Criticizing Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Phew....Am I relieved!!You had me worried there!!....Thinking it was another of your normal "I have nothing intelligent to ad to the debate so I'll just throw a few spitballs"....posts!!
    Tell you what . . . how about you address my point?

    Which, as you need to have it explained to you, is . . .

    You claim the results of this poll say something significant about whether or not GOP tactics have gone too far, and that something is bad for the GOP, because DP is, according to you, not left-leaning.

    But if you look at the responses and who left them, you'll find that the results fall generally along ideological lines.

    Thus, the findings of the poll say nothing significant, despite your spin to the contrary.

    Do you follow now?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Have the Republican Gone Too Far in Criticizing Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    You claim the results of this poll say something significant about whether or not GOP tactics have gone too far, and that something is bad for the GOP, because DP is, according to you, not left-leaning.

    But if you look at the responses and who left them, you'll find that the results fall generally along ideological lines.

    Thus, the findings of the poll say nothing significant, despite your spin to the contrary.

    Do you follow now?
    As the OP has repeatedly pointed out, the purpose of his poll was to see if DP forum members felt the anti-Obama attack tactics of the GOP was effective & helpful or harmful to the GOP in general. (not true or false, good or bad nice or nasty......but helpful to the GOP as a tactic)
    By an almost 2 to 1 margin, the DP poll results show that this tactic has been ineffective & harmful to the GOP. I don't try to get into the minds of the poll respondents like you evidently do, nor do I pigeonhole them into neat little voting blocks to allow me to negate their vote based on MY opinion as to their general political stance.

    I do not torture English & logic to try to explain away facts that don't support my agenda. ........I look at the poll results........PERIOD......& the fact remains that most DP poll respondents understand that relentless anti-Obama attacks are unhelpful to the GOP.
    I suggest you step away from your magic crystal ball & just accept the truth......It's staring you right in the face.
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-08-09 at 08:55 PM.

  8. #138
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,343
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Have the Republican Gone Too Far in Criticizing Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    As the OP has repeatedly pointed out, the purpose of his poll was to see if DP forum members felt the anti-Obama attack tactics of the GOP was effective & helpful or harmful to the GOP in general.
    By an almost 2 to 1 margin, the DP poll results show that this tactic has been ineffective & harmful to the GOP. I don't try to get into the minds of the poll respondents like you evidently do, nor do I pigeonhole them into neat little voting blocks to allow me to negate their vote based on MY opinion as to their general political stance.
    The bolded part is not true. The poll shows that 25 forum users believe that the tactics will harm the GOP, while 21 think it either won't have an effect, or will help the GOP. Note that this is simply peoples opinions, not fact, so the actual results will only be known for sure next election.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Have the Republican Gone Too Far in Criticizing Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The bolded part is not true. The poll shows that 25 forum users believe that the tactics will harm the GOP, while 21 think it either won't have an effect, or will help the GOP. Note that this is simply peoples opinions, not fact, so the actual results will only be known for sure next election.
    You are quite right & when I said these were facts, I was referring to the FACT that this was the respondent's opinion, not that their opinion was a fact. As to the numbers, 25 believe the tactics will hurt the GOP & 7 say it won't make much difference. Only 13 think the tactic will be helpful to the GOP.
    I do withdraw my above (bolded) characterization but the poll still shows the majority think them (attacks) harmful to the GOP, or don't know.
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-08-09 at 09:06 PM.

  10. #140
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: Have the Republican Gone Too Far in Criticizing Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    As the OP has repeatedly pointed out, the purpose of his poll was to see if DP forum members felt the anti-Obama attack tactics of the GOP was effective & helpful or harmful to the GOP in general.
    By an almost 2 to 1 margin, the DP poll results show that this tactic has been ineffective & harmful to the GOP. I don't try to get into the minds of the poll respondents like you evidently do, nor do I pigeonhole them into neat little voting blocks to allow me to negate their vote based on MY opinion as to their general political stance.

    I do not torture English & logic to try to explain away facts that don't support my agenda. ........I look at the poll results........PERIOD......& the fact remains that most DP poll respondents understand that relentless anti-Obama attacks are unhelpful to the GOP.
    I suggest you step away from your magic crystal ball & just accept the truth......It's staring you right in the face.


    OK. No one can say I wasn't thorough.

    You really, actually, truly do NOT understand . . . and you ARE alone in that, even after having it explained to you in simple terms.

    So you go right on believing that a poll result where (generally) liberals think Republicans are going too far, and conservatives don't think that, actually means anything.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •