View Poll Results: Results of Raising the Minimum Wage

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greater buying power

    14 25.00%
  • Greater unemployment

    32 57.14%
  • Less unemployment

    7 12.50%
  • Higher prices

    36 64.29%
  • Less competitive on world markets

    25 44.64%
  • Benefits low income workers

    20 35.71%
  • Places people in higher income tax brackets

    7 12.50%
  • More jobs go overseas

    32 57.14%
  • More businesses close

    30 53.57%
  • Benefits middle income workers

    5 8.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 106

Thread: Effects of Minimum Wage

  1. #61
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Effects of Minimum Wage

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    I wouldn't say very few.
    About 500k, compared to over 50 mil for republicans, and 70 mil for democrats(numbers courtesy wiki). A party that is ~1 % of the smaller of the two mainstream parties I think can safely be described as fringe.

  2. #62
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Effects of Minimum Wage

    Many Republicans are libertarians. The two are not mutually exclusive like libertarians and Democrats.

    I'm not a part of the Libertarian Party, but I'm definitely a libertarian.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  3. #63
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Effects of Minimum Wage

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Since when did libertarianism, the ideology that the constitution follows, become extremism?
    Uh, libertarianism doesn't necessarily follow the Constitution. Ever read Sunstein's book "Nudge" ?

    You also have this strange notion that only you get to define libertarianism is.

    And the illiteracy here is reaching levels of unmeasurability.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #64
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Effects of Minimum Wage

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Uh, libertarianism doesn't necessarily follow the Constitution. Ever read Sunstein's book "Nudge" ?

    You also have this strange notion that only you get to define libertarianism is.

    And the illiteracy here is reaching levels of unmeasurability.
    And what makes you think that libertarianism is such a well-defined ideology?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  5. #65
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Effects of Minimum Wage

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    If this isn't trolling then I don't know what is.
    If that's not dishonesty then I don't know what else is.

    Apparently you never heard of the concept "all things in moderation."

    A purely libertarian solution first presumes people are rational actors. As Sweden's partial privatization of its pension system showed, that is clearly not the case as people did not actively research the various options they had but instead did nothing and automatically got enrolled into the default. A rational actor does not do such a thing.

    When you drink the Kool-aide to the point where you can't see reality, you have a problem.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #66
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Effects of Minimum Wage

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    And what makes you think that libertarianism is such a well-defined ideology?
    And what in my post suggests that? I stated that it does not necessarily follow the Constitution. Does it sometimes? Sure. Do some interpretations? Sure. But that's a far cry from your statement that it automatically does. You were the one who gave the impression of a such a well-defined ideology.

    And the illiteracy here is reaching levels of unmeasurability.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #67
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Effects of Minimum Wage

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    If that's not dishonesty then I don't know what else is.

    Apparently you never heard of the concept "all things in moderation."

    A purely libertarian solution first presumes people are rational actors. As Sweden's partial privatization of its pension system showed, that is clearly not the case as people did not actively research the various options they had but instead did nothing and automatically got enrolled into the default. A rational actor does not do such a thing.

    When you drink the Kool-aide to the point where you can't see reality, you have a problem.
    So instead the government should be the ward of our savings?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  8. #68
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Effects of Minimum Wage

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    And what in my post suggests that? I stated that it does not necessarily follow the Constitution. Does it sometimes? Sure. Do some interpretations? Sure. But that's a far cry from your statement that it automatically does. You were the one who gave the impression of a such a well-defined ideology.

    And the illiteracy here is reaching levels of unmeasurability.
    Some interpretations? Unless you're being dishonest in your reading of the Constitution, then you'd see how libertarian the Constitution is.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #69
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Effects of Minimum Wage

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    So instead the government should be the ward of our savings?
    For the third time:

    And the illiteracy here is reaching levels of unmeasurability.

    How about you respond to something I wrote in actual context rather then strip context out and pretend you're being honest?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #70
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Effects of Minimum Wage

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Some interpretations? Unless you're being dishonest in your reading of the Constitution, then you'd see how libertarian the Constitution is.
    As I said before, you have this notion, you and you alone are the sole definer of the ideology.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •