View Poll Results: Do you agree with the premise stated in the OP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I agree. because...

    5 50.00%
  • No, I disagree, because...

    3 30.00%
  • Other (explain)

    2 20.00%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 83

Thread: Constitutional restrictions on gunsd?

  1. #31
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Constitutional restrictions on gunsd?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The question/challenge I posed was satirical because you cannot reduce volume upon volume of jurisprudence into a one paragraph post.
    Again...using the example I've been using, its like asking a plumber to explain how to plumb a house in a paragraph. The only answer you are going to get from that will be extremely basic and probably of little value to assist you in undertaking the process.
    So to be "worthy" of the debate, you gave us a question which could not be satisfactorily answered within the constraints of time and server space. So basically, you're setting up from the beginning a method by which you can completely dismiss our arguments without having to put any effort or thought into our considerations, ideals, and arguments.

    Didn't buy it when Rumsfeld sold it, I ain't buying it when you're trying to sell it. Debate or piss off.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #32
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Constitutional restrictions on gunsd?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I already know what he's referring to; I understand it perfectly well. The point he continually misses is that I do not recognize the legal doctrines of strict/intermediate scrutiny and rational basis review as being Constitutional.

    Essentially, they are excuses for the government to violate and belittle individual rights.

    Then you have a problem with the way our system of government was set up. Because the standards of review have always existed.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #33
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Constitutional restrictions on gunsd?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I already know what he's referring to; I understand it perfectly well. The point he continually misses is that I do not recognize the legal doctrines of strict/intermediate scrutiny and rational basis review as being Constitutional.

    Essentially, they are excuses for the government to violate and belittle individual rights.
    ding ding ding ding

    As was my case about not having adequate restriction upon the courts to curb their power.

    But it's hard to put forth our opinions, beliefs, and arguments when unfair and engineered barriers are artificially placed. Basically there is an argument saying that if we didn't take 1 year of law in college, we should piss off when it comes to this debate. And we're told we're the arrogant ones. Sheesh.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #34
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Constitutional restrictions on gunsd?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So to be "worthy" of the debate, you gave us a question which could not be satisfactorily answered within the constraints of time and server space. So basically, you're setting up from the beginning a method by which you can completely dismiss our arguments without having to put any effort or thought into our considerations, ideals, and arguments.

    Didn't buy it when Rumsfeld sold it, I ain't buying it when you're trying to sell it. Debate or piss off.
    It reminds me of this:

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_Men_and_an_Elephant]Blind men and an elephant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #35
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Constitutional restrictions on gunsd?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    YAY more deflection.

    You done? I'm tired of being talked down to and having my points dismissed because I didn't take a law course. I guess you can't comment on the fundamentals of physics like friction and gravity because you didn't take a year of Classical Mechanics and differential equations.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #36
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Constitutional restrictions on gunsd?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    YAY more deflection.

    You done? I'm tired of being talked down to and having my points dismissed because I didn't take a law course. I guess you can't comment on the fundamentals of physics like friction and gravity because you didn't take a year of Classical Mechanics and differential equations.
    Precisely....that's why I stick to what I know and don't try to pretend.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #37
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Constitutional restrictions on gunsd?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Precisely....that's why I stick to what I know and don't try to pretend.
    Yeah I know because you totally have never experienced either gravity or friction and couldn't have learned anything outside a class or have any insight as to make you able to have a debate and maybe even learn or teach a few things. Totally not.

    Your arrogance and condescension are truly amazing.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #38
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Constitutional restrictions on gunsd?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yeah I know because you totally have never experienced either gravity or friction and couldn't have learned anything outside a class or have any insight as to make you able to have a debate and maybe even learn or teach a few things. Totally not.

    Your arrogance and condescension are truly amazing.
    Oh I understand what gravity and friction are, but I wouldn't try to engage in a discussion about the physics behind them. If I did, I would look like a fool, because I practically flunked out of my physics class in college. Not my forte.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Constitutional restrictions on gunsd?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Then you have a problem with the way our system of government was set up. Because the standards of review have always existed.
    Wow, no they haven't. Avail yourself of this excellent historical analysis:

    http://www.law.northwestern.edu/coll...ory/Siegel.pdf

    Once you're done reading that perhaps we can discuss the criteria used by these modes of judicial review and why they are inherently flawed.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Constitutional restrictions on gunsd?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Oh I understand what gravity and friction are, but I wouldn't try to engage in a discussion about the physics behind them. If I did, I would look like a fool, because I practically flunked out of my physics class in college. Not my forte.
    Your problem then. To others, having experience in both debate and political theories is enough to engage in an intelligent and productive debate over the rights of the individuals, the restrictions upon the Courts, and comparisons between the various rights and the actions and decisions of the courts. We don't have to take a class and get an A, so please don't hold us to your limitations.

    Again, debate or piss off. I think you've sufficiently derailed this thread well enough.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •