Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 85

Thread: Is the Republic of China (Taiwan) worth protecting?

  1. #51
    Professor
    OxymoronP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heart in Brooklyn, body South of Dixie
    Last Seen
    08-23-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Is the Republic of China (Taiwan) worth protecting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    The example you gave isn't even remotely relevant.

    Pull out of NATO and the various treaties we've entered into and I bet we'll have the money and manpower to build up a military sufficient for our needs.
    So lets destroy the most powerful alliance on this planet that keeps the Russian bear at bay, and start building bunkers. The best defence is offence, thus we need to not only keep our international power but actually expand it.


    THE GREATEST FREEDOM IS THE FREEDOM TO OPPRESS OTHERS

  2. #52
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Is the Republic of China (Taiwan) worth protecting?

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    Well, long before we need to worry about someone invading us, that's for sure.
    Hey, according to some people here we should be in fear of a German blitzkrieg, I guess. Gotta watch those sneaky Germans after what they did to us at Pearl Harbor.

  3. #53
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Is the Republic of China (Taiwan) worth protecting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    The example you gave isn't even remotely relevant.

    Pull out of NATO and the various treaties we've entered into and I bet we'll have the money and manpower to build up a military sufficient for our needs.
    We already have a military more than sufficient for our legitimate needs. Right wing paranoia is simply that.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  4. #54
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Is the Republic of China (Taiwan) worth protecting?

    Quote Originally Posted by OxymoronP View Post
    So lets destroy the most powerful alliance on this planet that keeps the Russian bear at bay, and start building bunkers. The best defence is offence, thus we need to not only keep our international power but actually expand it.
    Russia can barely keep itself together. The thought of them doing anything to us militarily is laughable.

  5. #55
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Is the Republic of China (Taiwan) worth protecting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Hey, according to some people here we should be in fear of a German blitzkrieg, I guess. Gotta watch those sneaky Germans after what they did to us at Pearl Harbor.
    That's why we still have bases there, of course. You simply can't trust those pesky Germans. You remember 9/11, right?
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  6. #56
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Is the Republic of China (Taiwan) worth protecting?

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    We already have a military more than sufficient for our legitimate needs. Right wing paranoia is simply that.
    Who says the right doesn't like big government programs!

  7. #57
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Is the Republic of China (Taiwan) worth protecting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Who says the right doesn't like big government programs!
    The right, that's who!
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  8. #58
    Professor
    OxymoronP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heart in Brooklyn, body South of Dixie
    Last Seen
    08-23-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Is the Republic of China (Taiwan) worth protecting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Russia can barely keep itself together. The thought of them doing anything to us militarily is laughable.
    They are doing pretty well for themselves, and their military potential is immense especially on the open tank friendly Europe. If we stick our head into the sand Russia will expand into Europe and China into asia. We will be isolated and at great risk of annhilation.

    The right understands that the main point of the goverment is to protect the citizens from outside powers. thus the military should be the paramount concern of the goverment.
    Last edited by OxymoronP; 09-01-09 at 03:16 PM.


    THE GREATEST FREEDOM IS THE FREEDOM TO OPPRESS OTHERS

  9. #59
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Is the Republic of China (Taiwan) worth protecting?

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    That's why we still have bases there, of course. You simply can't trust those pesky Germans. You remember 9/11, right?
    Damn German Nazi Islamist terrorists!

  10. #60
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Cool Re: Is the Republic of China (Taiwan) worth protecting?

    Quote Originally Posted by OxymoronP View Post
    They are doing pretty well for themselves, and their military potential is immense especially on the open tank friendly Europe. If we stick our head into the sand Russia will expand into Europe and China into asia. We will be isolated and at great risk of annhilation.
    I know, I know, it's all a conspiracy to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •