View Poll Results: What's your thought?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • They don't want to allow others to see that even some black people are upset with Obama?

    1 14.29%
  • The media is trying to keep the racist stereotype of only rednecks owning guns.

    0 0%
  • Other? (Please explain)

    6 85.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Want opinions on major media.

  1. #1
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Want opinions on major media.

    Does Arizona have an image problem?


    Take a look at the image of "a man carrying an ar15 rifle".


    Why is it that the major media outlets are running this one image of this black man who was at the Obama rally armed and protesting Obama?

    Instead of the hundreds of other images / full body images of this guy.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  2. #2
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,495

    Re: Want opinions on major media.

    I think this comment form one of the posters covers it pretty well...

    "Our Founding fathers must have worried about an image problem when they carried muskets to fight the British. Image is more important than real substantive issues!!!

    End of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #3
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Want opinions on major media.

    It is unusual for people to carry weapons to see the president. There is no legislation up in regards to gun ownership, therefor I do not see the reasoning behind the packing of such a weapon. It is to make a statement, however at a talk on healthcare it simply makes the one carrying it look like a fool.

  4. #4
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Want opinions on major media.

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    It is unusual for people to carry weapons to see the president. There is no legislation up in regards to gun ownership, therefor I do not see the reasoning behind the packing of such a weapon. It is to make a statement, however at a talk on healthcare it simply makes the one carrying it look like a fool.

    This discussion isn't about gun rights.

    This discussion is about the media attempting to keep the knowledge that it was a black man carrying this ar15 to the town hall discussion.


    Why are they trying to do that? Damage control for the Messiah? Or are they trying to keep the deep seeded notion that only rednecks own guns?
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  5. #5
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Want opinions on major media.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    This discussion isn't about gun rights.

    This discussion is about the media attempting to keep the knowledge that it was a black man carrying this ar15 to the town hall discussion.


    Why are they trying to do that? Damage control for the Messiah? Or are they trying to keep the deep seeded notion that only rednecks own guns?
    Why do you feel that they are trying to hide the fact that it was a black man? All the pictures of him I saw, one could clearly tell it was a black man.

  6. #6
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Want opinions on major media.

    So, was this the latest talking point du jour in the Ron Paul Survivalist report? Is it Hannity? Michael Savage? Neil Bortz? Some other extreme right lunatic?
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  7. #7
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Want opinions on major media.

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Why do you feel that they are trying to hide the fact that it was a black man? All the pictures of him I saw, one could clearly tell it was a black man.
    Pretty much every article from leftist rags I've read have used the image in the article I've linked.


    Why?
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  8. #8
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Want opinions on major media.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    So, was this the latest talking point du jour in the Ron Paul Survivalist report? Is it Hannity? Michael Savage? Neil Bortz? Some other extreme right lunatic?
    Sweet, it's the jump to conclusions mat.


    I'll take... you're an idiot liberal for 10 points... can I jump now?
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  9. #9
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Want opinions on major media.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Pretty much every article from leftist rags I've read have used the image in the article I've linked.


    Why?
    Here is an example of the pic I saw on every article on the subject.

    Man carrying rifle attends Obama protest | KPIC CBS 4 - News, Weather and Sports - Roseburg, OR - Roseburg, Oregon | National & World News

    Again, I can clearly tell he is a black man. I do not think there is any conspiracy, as it appears you think.

  10. #10
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Want opinions on major media.

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Here is an example of the pic I saw on every article on the subject.

    Man carrying rifle attends Obama protest | KPIC CBS 4 - News, Weather and Sports - Roseburg, OR - Roseburg, Oregon | National & World News

    Again, I can clearly tell he is a black man. I do not think there is any conspiracy, as it appears you think.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI"]YouTube - MSNBC: Gun-Toting Protesters are 'White' Racists... Black Guy with AR-15 Edited to Conceal his Race.[/ame]

    Eh, maybe I'm just sensitive to it.. but I've noticed much of the same type of "reporting" as the youtube video concerning this.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •