View Poll Results: Is Robert Gibbs a good press secretary?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    11 37.93%
  • No.

    18 62.07%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: Is Robert Gibbs a good press secretary?

  1. #31
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Is Robert Gibbs a good press secretary?

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    It was a typo, not an intent of misdirect - I'd appriciate you drop the personal attack.
    So pointing out an action as stupidity is now a personal attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    Another HR3200 site? It's a proposal not yet a bill, it hasn't even gone to the floor for a vote nor a finalized version of. The proposal isn't just for the uninsured, it's towards everyone.

    Yes, that proposal does exist. Can you tell me what is in the senate finance comittee?
    OK lets see. You are trying to argue semantics???

    The bill is still a bill whether it is in it's final form or not.

    Bob and weave a little more.

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    You said Obama Health Care bill - there is no such bill, which is exactly why I'd previously stated that the white house can't come up with any details to support by not taking point on the issue.
    You are playing an intellectually dishonest game of semantics, wow.

    You knew exactly what I was referring to as did everyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    It is congress that is pushing for such a bill but as it stands it's just a bunch of proposals coming out of various committees that require finalization before reaching the floor of either the senate or the house as a bill.
    To which even after then it's still subject to various amendments by congressional members.
    Has nothing to do with my statement.

    More fallacy and misdirection yeaaaaa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #32
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Is Robert Gibbs a good press secretary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So pointing out an action as stupidity is now a personal attack?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog
    OK lets see. You are trying to argue semantics???

    The bill is still a bill whether it is in it's final form or not.

    Bob and weave a little more.


    You are playing an intellectually dishonest game of semantics, wow.

    You knew exactly what I was referring to as did everyone else.


    Has nothing to do with my statement.

    More fallacy and misdirection yeaaaaa.
    let me know when you're ready for a real discussion rather

  3. #33
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Is Robert Gibbs a good press secretary?

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    let me know when you're ready for a real discussion rather
    You try and play word games (like I am stupid) when you know exactly what I meant.

    You responded to my post with...

    "I don't see how he could, as it stands there doesn't even exist an OHCB, there are just proposals at this point." - jfuh

    Again I state proposal or not it is still a bill, period. The Congress agrees by the way as they are also calling it a bill, go figure. Bill H.R. 3200 no less.

    You did not even address the meat of my statement. instead you use the "it's not a bill" fallacy argument.

    I would be more than happy if you would actually address my point and not try to misdirect or play the semantics game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #34
    Advisor Realist1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-27-09 @ 09:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    537

    Re: Is Robert Gibbs a good press secretary?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Would you want to walk into the job of press secretary during the worst recession since the 30s?
    If I'm expected to Lie, Spin, and Dodge as he obviously does...I'd turned the "Offer" down from Day 1.

  5. #35
    Advisor Realist1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-27-09 @ 09:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    537

    Re: Is Robert Gibbs a good press secretary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I voted no because of the failures of the Obama administration to win the public trust back. In fact it is slipping even more.

    If the press secretary had come out with the details (publicly) of the OHCB before the mis information campaign started, I think it would be turning out very different.
    Right,,,if B.O. had come out "truthfully" and told the American People that he was going to propose a $9 Trillion Defict from the start,,,,things would've turned out different.

  6. #36
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Is Robert Gibbs a good press secretary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Regardless of whether or not you support Obama, do you think Robert Gibbs is a good press secretary?
    I can't answer based upon the two choices. I have been disappointed in his performance, but not all the time.

  7. #37
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Is Robert Gibbs a good press secretary?

    Quote Originally Posted by OxymoronP View Post
    he is no Bagdad Bob.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Is Robert Gibbs a good press secretary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Regardless of whether or not you support Obama, do you think Robert Gibbs is a good press secretary?
    I like him. Evasive at times but that's to be expected.

  9. #39
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Is Robert Gibbs a good press secretary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Realist1 View Post
    Right,,,if B.O. had come out "truthfully" and told the American People that he was going to propose a $9 Trillion Defict from the start,,,,things would've turned out different.
    I don't know. I do know the American people do react better to situations without all the smoke and mirrors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #40
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Is Robert Gibbs a good press secretary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You try and play word games (like I am stupid) when you know exactly what I meant.

    You responded to my post with...

    "I don't see how he could, as it stands there doesn't even exist an OHCB, there are just proposals at this point." - jfuh

    Again I state proposal or not it is still a bill, period. The Congress agrees by the way as they are also calling it a bill, go figure. Bill H.R. 3200 no less.

    You did not even address the meat of my statement. instead you use the "it's not a bill" fallacy argument.

    I would be more than happy if you would actually address my point and not try to misdirect or play the semantics game.
    Okay let me try this one final time with you then.
    There is no finalized bill to present they are all in the proposition stage.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •