View Poll Results: Do you think the Obama administration is the greatest ever?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    1 5.56%
  • No

    15 83.33%
  • Way too early to tell

    2 11.11%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: Obama administration greatest ever?

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    Do you think the Obama administration is the greatest ever?

    I personally feel that Obama, Pelosi and Harry Reid are the greatest examples of leadership our country and maybe the world has seen and would really appreciate it if we could just all adhere to their superior intellect especially Obama as he is a Harvard graduate after all and knows what he is talking about when it comes to health care. You may not see it yet, but he has our best interests at heart and is just misunderstood...Thank you



    ..........


    Ah, heh, (chuckle, snort) ...erm, that would be a no.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    ... 'treason' as a literary device could only be interpreted as a sign of discontentment. It is impossible to argue against sentiments. Hence its presence in a debate is incoherent. 'Treason' as a legal term addresses facts. Hence its presence in a debate is coherent.
    So it is just like I thought...your whole exception to his argument amounts to a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing.

    I stand by my original assessment of your argument. Your refusal of knowledge out of hand says about all that needs to be said.

  3. #53
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,495

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    No. Way to freakin early to tell. The OP must be on drugs...

    I want some!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    I would love to debate. Get some links and post some text which supports your claim and then it can happen. Sending me on a magical journey which will probably require ordering a book offline with my own money, having me read it over the course of days or weeks depending on how much free time is available to me . . . not so much.
    Library. Did people really forget how to research? Your entire rant against me has been nothing more than one deflect and attack after another. I couldn't be rational because of my opinion of FDR. I told you where it came from, I gave a few examples. Still dodge dodge dodge. And then absurdities like having to buy a book or something. For gods sake, I pointed you towards the most comprehensive and documented source. There's no magical journey. FDR's blackmail of the SCOTUS is well known, he was the first to put us on the declared emergency, Congressman Beck's comments are easily found, the bank issue was chapter 1 of the book I cited. Books are acceptable forms of citation.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #55
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Library. Did people really forget how to research? Your entire rant against me has been nothing more than one deflect and attack after another. I couldn't be rational because of my opinion of FDR. I told you where it came from, I gave a few examples. Still dodge dodge dodge. And then absurdities like having to buy a book or something. For gods sake, I pointed you towards the most comprehensive and documented source. There's no magical journey. FDR's blackmail of the SCOTUS is well known, he was the first to put us on the declared emergency, Congressman Beck's comments are easily found, the bank issue was chapter 1 of the book I cited. Books are acceptable forms of citation.
    That still doesn't address the essential reading aspect of it, which would drag on for a period of time that would likely outlast this thread. Nor is there any guarantee my local library would have it. The whole thing hinges around a lot of contingencies and requires a lot of going above and beyond on my part. Books are acceptable forms of citation, but in a online debate the burden is on you to provide the text and sources for your arguments. "Go get the book," is no different from "Use google search. I'm busy right now." If you didn't want to go to any effort at all, you should have toned down your argument.

    Also, the Supreme Court was never blackmailed by Roosevelt. He failed at a court packing legislative reform and then the people on it who opposed his policies retired or died of natural causes in the years following on account of their advanced ages, both events are pretty typical of Supreme Court judges. Roosevelt never had the political capital in Congress to pass his legislative reform, so the point is moot. Moreover, the U.S. Constitution does not specify the size of the court and Article III invests Congress with the authority to set a number of judges, whose appointments shall last for life.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 08-25-09 at 06:33 PM.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    No, his court packing threat, which was the blackmail, worked. Because initially the SCOTUS had declared his programs as unconstitutional. He made threats against the SCOTUS (itself a dubious act), after which the SCOTUS again reviewed the case and passed the original programs which previously had been correctly identified as unconstitutional. While the bill eventually failed, the threat to the SCOTUS worked as one judge had reversed his vote and allowed passage of pieces of the New Deal previously struck down.

    The very act of the threat itself is one of blackmail. He wanted the Court to do as he said, but the branches were to be separate. While the number of Justices is not specified, it's obvious that the attempt to add more justices was to be done so that FDR could get the majority of SCOTUS judges sympathetic to his cause and to pass legislation previously struck down.
    Last edited by Ikari; 08-25-09 at 06:34 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #57
    iniquitably employed
    mixedmedia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Last Seen
    09-10-11 @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,823

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    What the hell? Underhandedness occurs because it is a useful tool when dealing with the general public and political rivals who are out of the know on a given issue. Politicians who abstain from underhandedness out of moral considerations wouldn't be recognized for their efforts any more than people who engage in underhandedness are recognized for theirs. That's also why they don't exist; because a politician who doesn't exercise some degree of underhandedness cannot maintain their power base while in opposition against those of less lofty moral dispositions. There is simply no benefit to being virtuous in politics; so far as virtue goes, fabricating its existence in your person is much easier than actually developing the psychologically and physically exhausting character qualities necessary to possess it.

    And virtue really doesn't go very far. If we assumed Obama, for example, was five times more virtuous than even his most glowing proponents claim, then the 'virtue' would simply become a symbol of derision amongst his opposition, whose preexisting interests, priorities, and political frustrations would hardly be disarmed just because their rival was virtuous. That is, if they simply didn't obscure the president's virtue so that the public would not be capable of processing it, which would be just as easy. In fact, they could do both. Hence, as far as enhancing his electoral prospects go, Obama's virtue would be completely worthless from the very beginning; the people who like him would like it and the people who don't like him wouldn't like it or wouldn't recognize it.
    It's not fascist to understand that this is true.
    Underneath the concrete, The dream is still alive
    A hundred million lifetimes, A world that never dies - Talking Heads, City of Dreams

    =|:{|

  8. #58
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,752
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    I added a poll since it's in the Poll section and all...
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  9. #59
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,396

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    I don't think the OP is being serious. I answered "no."
    *insert profound statement here*

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •