View Poll Results: Do you think the Obama administration is the greatest ever?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    1 5.56%
  • No

    15 83.33%
  • Way too early to tell

    2 11.11%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 59

Thread: Obama administration greatest ever?

  1. #41
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Oh well. I saw it as a concisely poignant "excuse" for the rest of your argument.

    But do carry on...
    Why would I break my neck to get at the book shelves to buy a book which has knowledge I already know on the recommendation of somebody who so far is expecting me to take some pretty weighty accusations (aka, an American president committing treason) on faith and a referral which cannot be acquired or examined in a reasonable span of time, or in one which can occur in the length of this thread's life?

  2. #42
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    I have no clear idea of what you are talking about. I'm not dodging anything. You haven't done anything except express a sentiment and an unsupported, highly reduced account of FDR's presidency. I can't dodge things which don't exist.
    No, you're engaging in ad hominem. I stated something, you attacked my character. From the beginning it hasn't been about you debating or discussing something; it's been your assumptions and attacks on my character to dismiss my opinion of FDR. Going so far as to refuse the actual proof or substance which I have based that opinion on.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Why would I break my neck to get at the book shelves to buy a book which has knowledge I already know on the recommendation of somebody who so far is expecting me to take some pretty weighty accusations (aka, an American president committing treason) on faith and a referral which cannot be acquired or examined in a reasonable span of time, or in one which can occur in the length of this thread's life?
    I think you confuse the literary license taken with the word treason with the literal legal application. If that's your big exception to Ikari's post, then you are making much ado about nothing.

    Most of the arguments boil down to tempests in tea cups.

  4. #44
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, you're engaging in ad hominem. I stated something, you attacked my character. From the beginning it hasn't been about you debating or discussing something; it's been your assumptions and attacks on my character to dismiss my opinion of FDR. Going so far as to refuse the actual proof or substance which I have based that opinion on.
    WHOA. You haven't provided any immediately accessible sources for your opinion, so to prostrate yourself and make dramatic declarations of your stating "facts" is premature. And while it is possible I engaged in a modicum of ad hominem when I observed you were going a bit over the top in your enthusiasm (an accusation that a president meets the accepted criteria for treason is a difficult one to maintain), that is entirely how you are maintaining your presence in this thread.

    I think you confuse the literary license taken with the word treason with the literal legal application. If that's your big exception to Ikari's post, then you are making much ado about nothing.

    Most of the arguments boil down to tempests in tea cups.
    Treason is a legal term and notion. Any exercise of it out that context is incoherent.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Treason is a legal term and notion. Any exercise of it out that context is incoherent.
    Really? Because I think anyone who practices English as a first language would disagree with that notion.

    You, sir, are just grasping now.

  6. #46
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Really? Because I think anyone who practices English as a first language would disagree with that notion.

    You, sir, are just grasping now.
    ... 'treason' as a literary device could only be interpreted as a sign of discontentment. It is impossible to argue against sentiments. Hence its presence in a debate is incoherent. 'Treason' as a legal term addresses facts. Hence its presence in a debate is coherent.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    WHOA. You haven't provided any immediately accessible sources for your opinion, so to prostrate yourself and make dramatic declarations of your stating "facts" is premature. And while it is possible I engaged in a modicum of ad hominem when I observed you were going a bit over the top in your enthusiasm (an accusation that a president meets the accepted criteria for treason is a difficult one to maintain), that is entirely how you are maintaining your presence in this thread.
    You refused to even try to look. Yeah, a book isn't directly from the internet; but it was one of the most informative books on the subject I read and itself well documented. I also provided a small list of some of the things I take issue during his administration. The only thing you've provided is ad hominem argument and dodge. That is entirely how you are maintaining your presence in this thread.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #48
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You refused to even try to look. Yeah, a book isn't directly from the internet; but it was one of the most informative books on the subject I read and itself well documented. I also provided a small list of some of the things I take issue during his administration. The only thing you've provided is ad hominem argument and dodge. That is entirely how you are maintaining your presence in this thread.
    The book doesn't count because the time it would take to acquire it would probably outlast this thread's life and it isn't my job to back your claims for you.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    The book doesn't count because the time it would take to acquire it would probably outlast this thread's life and it isn't my job to back your claims for you.
    blah blah blah, dodge dodge dodge. As I said, it's entirely the way you've maintained your existence in this thread. Maybe you can take some issue with the list I provided? But no, it's more easier to engage in ad hominem and deflect. Wouldn't want to actually engage in the debate, would you?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #50
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Obama administration greatest ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    blah blah blah, dodge dodge dodge. As I said, it's entirely the way you've maintained your existence in this thread. Maybe you can take some issue with the list I provided? But no, it's more easier to engage in ad hominem and deflect. Wouldn't want to actually engage in the debate, would you?
    I would love to debate. Get some links and post some text which supports your claim and then it can happen. Sending me on a magical journey which will probably require ordering a book offline with my own money, having me read it over the course of days or weeks depending on how much free time is available to me . . . not so much.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •