View Poll Results: should you feel sorry for somebody who doesn't exist ?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    1 14.29%
  • no

    6 85.71%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 79

Thread: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Last Seen
    12-23-09 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    616

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    wow..this has got to be the most ignorant statement yet. Do you have ANY idea what so ever how real life actually works?
    stop making excuses for yourself.

  2. #62
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by NEUROSPORT View Post
    stop making excuses for yourself.
    lol you know nothing about me and yet you say this?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #63
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by NEUROSPORT View Post
    4 real !

    like that Tarantino guy - made 2 spelling mistakes in his movie title after writing the script for 10 years

    surely you are more intelligent than him

    after all - spelling is the highest form of intelligence is it not ? isn't that why spelling bee is for 5 year old kids ?

    thank you panda for sharing your profound ideas with us. i have only stopped using the shift key in 1996 and had maybe a thousand people point it out to me. keep up the good work.

    you are a perfect example of the problem i am talking about. when a person is beyond a certain level you cannot even communicate to him/her what he/she is.

    for example i don't think i could communicate to you that spelling correctly is an achievement only for 5 year olds.

    i missed a letter - congratulations ! go tell your mother about your success - maybe she will give you a candy.
    Don't you know candy will rot your teeth, boy?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #64
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by NEUROSPORT View Post
    well if they are so busy advancing their daily lives they better all be millionaires.

    but they're not. so they're still retards.
    Your attempt at logic has caused small levels of retardation amongst those who have read that statement.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Last Seen
    12-23-09 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    616

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    ok this thread while it was never supposed to have a point is getting even more pointless than it was intended to be
    Last edited by NEUROSPORT; 08-25-09 at 01:17 AM.

  6. #66
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by NEUROSPORT View Post
    ok this thread while it was never supposed to have a point is getting even more pointless than it was intended to be
    That was the point.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #67
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Okay, yeah, so ... I know many people probably jumped on you for this, but I want a turn too.

    Quote Originally Posted by NEUROSPORT View Post
    i have come to the conclusion that most people are not conscious most of the time.

    every day i feel less and less motivated to argue with people because i see that they are ultimately not capable of understanding anything.
    If a person does not understand something, it does not mean they are not conscious. Look up the definition of that word somewhere.

    question is - should i feel sorry for or try to help people who as far as i am concerned do not intellectually exist ?
    By whatever string I am holding on to this argument, I will attempt to respond to that. If a human exists, then they intellectually exist.

    Hell, I feel sorry for you because you asked such a dumb question.

    i mean if you are attacked by a rabid dog - do you feel sorry for the dog ? do you argue with it ? or do you shoot it ?
    First, you cannot argue with the dog. Second, you can feel sorry for the dog, but the dog is unable to acknowledge that he understands your sorrow. Third, it depends on whether you have a gun or not.

    i mean there is a dfiference between makign a mistake, being incapacitated by drugs and/or alcohol and simply not having a brain.
    That's a true statement that you just made. There is a difference between those things, good job.

    if you make a mistake i feel sorry for you. if you are drunk maybe ill catch up with you when you're in better shape. but if if you are just physically incapable of understanding ANYTHING, EVER, AT ALL ... how am i supposed to feel about a person like that ? this is most people mind you.
    What you're supposed to do is just freaking get over it. Move on, because if you really feel that way then you become someone who is incapable of noticing the impossibility in your own argument. Go ahead, try talking to someone who doesn't have a brain.

    I name you a lucky man if you find a human on this planet that is capable of "not understanding anything, ever, at all," because that's impossible.



    I'm gonna take a stab at your poll question as well. What the hell kind of question is that? How is it even possible to feel sorry for someone who doesn't exist? That would be an infinite amount of sorrow.

    The number of people who don't exist is an infinite number, which means that it is an amount people that can only be measured by describing how immeasurable it is. An infinite amount of any human thing is impossible, even sorrow.

    Now I know there are a bunch of people arguing about this with you. My point in arguing here is that if you are really making such a stupid thread, then you should be prepared to face the consequence that people will continue to argue with you, even if its three days after you posted the poll.


  8. #68
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    NEUROSPORT, I'll pay you $1,000,000 if I can find someone more elitist and snobby than you. (Hint: this is impossible)
    Bono from U2, check please
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by NEUROSPORT View Post
    ok this thread while it was never supposed to have a point is getting even more pointless than it was intended to be
    Thank yourself for that.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    The poll question is an entirely different question from the title of thread question.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •