View Poll Results: should you feel sorry for somebody who doesn't exist ?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    1 14.29%
  • no

    6 85.71%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 79

Thread: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

  1. #51
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by NEUROSPORT View Post
    why ? what's in it for them ?

    Preventing their eventual elimination due to "survival of the fittest". Which is so far out of their realm of awareness that they probably don't think about it.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #52
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by NEUROSPORT View Post
    this guy in another thread said that instead of developing alternative energy technologies we should lower speed limits to reduce our energy use.

    for a BRIEF MOMENT i contemplated how to counter that then i thought - wait a minute ? am i seriously going to reply to that ?

    if a person is so brilliant that he cannot understand that i DONT GIVE A F*CK what he thinks about the speed i should be driving at - is there anything i could relly communicate to him ?

    so i just closed the window. but these people are everywhere. it bothers me that i am classified into the same species with them. except for the phenotype we have nothing in common. how do we just grant everybody who can walk upright the "sapiens" privilege ?
    Boy, you need to learn how to write before you come in here. Your grammar sucks, and you can't spell. So don't come in here questioning anyone's intelligence. Run along, son.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #53
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Boy, you need to learn how to write before you come in here. Your grammar sucks, and you can't spell. So don't come in here questioning anyone's intelligence. Run along, son.
    Hate to say this, but IMO, grammar and spelling quality do not equate to intelligence.

    Having those skills will make you appear more intelligent, but you can be very intelligent and yet have poor communication skills.

    Personally, I use Microsoft Word to check my posts.

    I find errors, but they are slowly lessening as I learn from word…
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I try to practice learn and then speak although it doesn't always work out that way and I make an ass of myself.
    I was commending you and saying you aren't alone. A lot of our best posters here "lurked" for a while before actually posting.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Last Seen
    12-23-09 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    616

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Preventing their eventual elimination due to "survival of the fittest". Which is so far out of their realm of awareness that they probably don't think about it.
    retards don't think 9 months ahead let alone 1,000 years ahead.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Last Seen
    12-23-09 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    616

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Boy, you need to learn how to write before you come in here. Your grammar sucks, and you can't spell. So don't come in here questioning anyone's intelligence. Run along, son.
    if i don't tell you what i think of you that won't change my opinion ...

  7. #57
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by NEUROSPORT View Post
    retards don't think 9 months ahead let alone 1,000 years ahead.
    I think very few of the persons you appear to be refering to are actually "retards".

    They just do not allocate the time to think about things outside their daily lives, for the most part. Thus the impression of retardedness is sometimes given.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Last Seen
    12-23-09 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    616

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Hate to say this, but IMO, grammar and spelling quality do not equate to intelligence.

    Having those skills will make you appear more intelligent, but you can be very intelligent and yet have poor communication skills.

    Personally, I use Microsoft Word to check my posts.

    I find errors, but they are slowly lessening as I learn from word…
    ok basically i thought you people were mature and didn't have any spell checkers running but now i see we have a bunch of babies on here who will throw a fit if they see one wrong letter.

    basically what you do is just install Google Chrome browser - it has a spell checker built in.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Last Seen
    12-23-09 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    616

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I think very few of the persons you appear to be refering to are actually "retards".

    They just do not allocate the time to think about things outside their daily lives, for the most part. Thus the impression of retardedness is sometimes given.
    well if they are so busy advancing their daily lives they better all be millionaires.

    but they're not. so they're still retards.

  10. #60
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: do being that are not sentient deserve moral treatment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by NEUROSPORT View Post
    well if they are so busy advancing their daily lives they better all be millionaires.

    but they're not. so they're still retards.
    wow..this has got to be the most ignorant statement yet. Do you have ANY idea what so ever how real life actually works?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •