View Poll Results: Are ANY government regulations of the 2nd Amendment acceptable?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. It's a Constitutional Right & no regulatioins are acceptable.

    39 41.05%
  • Yes. Reasonable regulations are acceptable.

    45 47.37%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry full auto weapons.

    22 23.16%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry flame throwers.

    11 11.58%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry tactical nukes.

    1 1.05%
  • gun restrictions are necessary to prevent unauthorized use by nuts.

    16 16.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 681

Thread: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

  1. #631
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Thats all there is in a normative discussion Goobie.
    In which case, your position stands without any meaningful support.
    As such, its just another meaningless opinion and does not in any way require a response, much less a counter.

    Well then, how bout I put a new spin on it for ya.
    This is just another example of your continuing pre-pubescent denial, and as such, is nothing new.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 09-25-09 at 02:46 PM.

  2. #632
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    In which case, your position stands without any meaningful support.
    As such, its just anothe opinion and does notin any way require a response, must less a counter.
    Right. So thats why you wanted me to go do your homework, no reason at all

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This is just another example of your continuing pre-pubescent denial, and as such, is nothing new.
    Sorry, but I think anyone reading can see that that is not the case. I have posted plenty of content, and you have dishonestly attempted to marginalize it by falsely restating it. Your evasion has been quite obvious, and your refuted refrain was a childish tactic that you voluntarily repeatedly engaged in.

    If you can't address the content, or put a scratch in it, fine, but don't peddle a lie claiming it isn't even there, or you just look like a lie peddler.

    You chose this path, you can unchoose it.

  3. #633
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Right. So thats why you wanted me to go do your homework, no reason at all
    This is bald-faced intellectual dishonesty on your part.
    No real surprise, there.

    Sorry, but I think anyone reading can see that that is not the case.
    Not anyone possessing anything beyond a meager understanding of the English language....

    I have posted plenty of content...
    You have posted nothing more than your opinion. You, yourself, say so.
    As such, its just another meaningless opinion and does not in any way require a response, much less a counter.

  4. #634
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This is bald-faced intellectual dishonesty on your part.
    No real surprise, there.
    How so ? You wanted to argue when you thought precedent would help, and then once I convinced you that this was a normative discussion, where precedent doesn't carry much weight, you try to minimize or marginalize the very nature of a normative discussion.

    Normative discussions involve the exchange of well supported opinions. If you cannot critique mine, or answer my questions, what are you still doing in this normative discussion ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Not anyone possessing anything beyond a meager understanding of the English language....
    I disagree. Anyone can read your attempted marginalizations, Anyone can read my content, and notice that you fail to address it, Anyone can read that your attempts to falsely restate my content are just that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You have posted nothing more than your opinion. You, yourself, say so.
    I also explained to you, that that is all a normative discussion consists of.

    You admit "should" is in the title of the thread, Right?
    So you know this thread is a normative discussion, Right ?
    So what are you still DOING here ?

    If you can address my content or answer my questions, i.e. participate, then do so.

    If you want to cry about my opinion being an opinion, in a topic that is supposed to be an exchange of opinions, you just make yourself look foolish.

  5. #635
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Normative discussions involve the exchange of well supported opinions
    News:
    Opinion supported only by other opinions aren't well-supported.
    Opinions supported by FACT? That's another story.

    I also explained to you, that that is all a normative discussion consists of.
    You have your opinion. Unless and until you can back your opinion with anything other than your opinion, I could not possibly care less what your opinion is.

    When you can back your position with something substantive, let me know.

  6. #636
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    News:
    Opinion supported only by other opinions aren't well-supported.
    Opinions supported by FACT? That's another story.
    Sound reasoning and quotes of the relevant portions of the Constitution or Declaration.

    I did not support my position as your false retelling tries to make out.

    Your continued crying about it, instead of being able to address my content, or answer my questions, is quite telling on its own.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You have your opinion. Unless and until you can back your opinion with anything other than your opinion, I could not possibly care less what your opinion is.
    Then how bout you get the hell out of this NORMATIVE discussion ?

    If you don't have an opinion, and don't care about mine, then what are you doing here again ? Trolling ? Baiting Me ?

    You do know what the "Should" in the thread title means, Right ?

    I have explained to you, clearly and repeatedly what a Normative Discussion is, Right ?

    So unless you can address my content, or my questions, what is your purpose in this thread ? Is it to continually run away from my content and questions while looking like a berk for not understanding what a normative discussion is ? Thanks so much for your invaluable contribution

    Buh Bye Now
    Last edited by Voidwar; 09-25-09 at 03:42 PM.

  7. #637
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Sound reasoning and quotes of the relevant portions of the Constitution or Declaration.
    Only if you can show that those quotes mean what you say they mean.
    You have absolutely refused to do this, and as such, your citations do nothng to support your opinion.

    Then how bout you get the hell out of this NORMATIVE discussion ?
    Quite simple: You need to be shown just how absolutely massive your failure here really is.

    What you fail to understand is that being in a normative discussion does not change the fact that you still need to support your opinion with substance, and that until you do this, no one is under any obligation to offer a conter-argument. You have flatly refused to do this, which is why your opinion means nothing.

    However, it is abundantly clear that you refuse to even TRY to do this, no doubt because you know you cannot. As such, your argument -- your opinion, based on nothing of substance -- fails.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 09-25-09 at 03:57 PM.

  8. #638
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Only if you can show
    Oh I don't think so.

    You can go back and address my content and answer my questions in their own context if you want to turn over a new leaf and start playing fair.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    What you fail to understand is that being in a normative discussion does not change the fact that you still need to support your opinion with substance,
    I provided a huge block of several quotes, and you ran away from it, or tried to lie about it. I have already posted this, and you ran from it the first time, so don't waltz in here and ask for what you have already been provided. You want to address my content, you can go quote it from right where it was the last time you ran away from it.

    I don't fail to understand a damn thing. YOU are the one who needed to be brought up to speed on what a normative discussion is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    and that until you do this, no one is under any obligation to offer a conter-argument. You have flatly refused to do this, which is why your opinion means nothing.
    You still look like a rube who doesn't understand what a normative discussion is. Your lies about my content are laughable, and . . .

    Your opinion means nothing, and you have cooties. Infant.

  9. #639
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Oh I don't think so.
    You can not think so all you want -- that just makes you wrong on purpose.

    I provided a huge block of several quotes...
    As you have not in any way shown that the quotes mean what you say they mean, they arent in any way substantive, and therefore do nothing to support your position.

    For instance, you state that:

    Fines or imprisonment (or execution) are delineated by the fifth, and the Eighth pretty much prohibits anything else.
    You have yet to provide anything of substance as to how this is what the 5th and 8th mean. You have opined that they mean this, but your opinion is not substantive. Thus, your position is not well-supported - indeed, it is not supported by anything other than a "because I said so".

    As such, your argument, based on nothing of substance, fails. Miserably.

    You clearly fail to undertstand this - the only question is if this failure is deliberate.

    Infant.
    The ad hom, the last refuge of somone that clearly understands exactly how badly he's been beaten.

  10. #640
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    As you have not in any way shown that the quotes mean what you say they mean, they arent in any way substantive, and therefore do nothing to support your position.
    The quotes ARE my reasoning and support of my position.
    They mean what I wrote them to mean, and they do support my position.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You have yet to provide anything of substance as to how this is what the 5th and 8th mean.
    Do you know what delineate means ?

    Do you know what prohibit means ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    As such, your argument, based on nothing of substance, fails. Miserably.
    That might be your opinion, but your opinion is meaningless and you have cooties

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You clearly fail to undertstand this - the only question is if this failure is deliberate.
    I do not fail to understand a damn thing. I educated you about what a normative discussion is. You are the one who went from ignorance to understanding. Almost

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    The ad hom, the last refuge of somone that clearly understands exactly how badly he's been beaten.
    It is not an ad hom. It is pointing out the childishness of your repetition of an already refuted refrain.

    You sound like a little child when you declaim over and over that my opinion is meaningless, WHILE YOU ARE IN A THREAD THAT STARTED WITH THE WORD SHOULD

    If you have the intelligence to understand that this is a normative discussion, then why not stop your stupid, repetitively childish behavior of decrying opinions, in a thread DESIGNED TO EXCHANGE AND EVALUATE OPINIONS ???

Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •