View Poll Results: Are ANY government regulations of the 2nd Amendment acceptable?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. It's a Constitutional Right & no regulatioins are acceptable.

    39 41.05%
  • Yes. Reasonable regulations are acceptable.

    45 47.37%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry full auto weapons.

    22 23.16%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry flame throwers.

    11 11.58%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry tactical nukes.

    1 1.05%
  • gun restrictions are necessary to prevent unauthorized use by nuts.

    16 16.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 681

Thread: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

  1. #621
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Its nothing I don't understand Goob.
    It is the very nature of a normative discussion.
    We are not talking about what is. We are talking about what should be.
    As I said:
    As this a normative discussion, all of your "reasoned arguments" are statements of how you things things SHOULD be, and as such, nothing more than opinion.

    Thus, the "sound arguments" that support your opinion are nothing more than opinions supporting opinions -- which is nothing more than you saying you are right because you say you are right.

    Just as I said.

    To continue to argue otherwise is an ongoing act of pre-pubescent denial.

  2. #622
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,951

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Do you have quotes to prove your outlandish claims ? Or it is just more of you making crap up, as I have exposed on this very thread ?
    You wouldn't admit it initially, but I still like to point it out from time to time since it happened...

    Already addressed, can she vote? no ? Red Herring.
    Irrelevant...

    I know she is technically a "citizen",
    Then answer the question... should a child, who is a citizen, be allowed to carry an AK-47?

    however she is a minor, and that is not a parallel to being a felon, so you don't really have a point in the original discussion, just an irrelevant red herring you would rather persue.
    I was not trying to make a parallel argument, I am arguing against something else, your premises that a citizens rights should not be infringed simply because they were a felon. Once out, they are granted all previous rights since they are a citizen. I ask if all citizens should have this right, since if you don't think so, then that is a flaw in your reasoning. If you think that a child should not since they are a minor, just say it and move on and modify your intitial statement. I am poking a hole in the way that you communicate your ideas, that is all...

    You said your daughter is a "free citizen", so why are you such a bad parent as to let a four year old roam free ? ? ?
    Irrelevant and pathetic to such a degree as to be laughable...

    You would like to nitpick your daughter into relevance, but it is just your sidestep from the discussion. If you want to talk about your daughter, we can talk about the poor parenting you are displaying by letting her roam free, and I will admit she is a citizen. You did claim she was a "free citizen" right ? So she is four, and free to stay up late, or free to eat ice cream all day ? Or were you caught in a lie I can nitpick ?
    You said free citizen in reference to the felon being free upon release. I used your term, grow up already...

    Cease Mentioning your irrelevant daughter or we will just continue to discuss the need for CPS involvement in her boundary-free life.
    Are you a professional clown or just a geeky internet dork? They are soooo similar...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #623
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Y'all know everybody else quit reading pages and pages ago, right?

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #624
    John Schnatter 2012 Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-20-12 @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    638

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    I think law abiding citizens should have the right to carry most weapons, but not flamethrowers or nukes of course.

    However, I think this should be up to the states to decide instead of the federal government. Some states like New York would require more restrictions since they have more people and more crime then a smaller state.

  5. #625
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I think law abiding citizens should have the right to carry most weapons, but not flamethrowers or nukes of course.

    However, I think this should be up to the states to decide instead of the federal government. Some states like New York would require more restrictions since they have more people and more crime then a smaller state.
    If you look at a map of the northeast USA NY is not that small of a state.

  6. #626
    John Schnatter 2012 Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-20-12 @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    638

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    If you look at a map of the northeast USA NY is not that small of a state.
    Nice sarcasm.

    A map wouldn't show the fact that 18 million people live there. When I talk size I'm talking about the population, not how much land they have...

    Now compare the number of people living in New York to the people living in the small state Mississippi where the population is 2 million.

    Since Mississippi is a small state in population (just to remind you we are talking about population... not land), and the crime rate isn't too bad, less gun restrictions could exists.

  7. #627
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Nice sarcasm.

    A map wouldn't show the fact that 18 million people live there. When I talk size I'm talking about the population, not how much land they have...

    Now compare the number of people living in New York to the people living in the small state Mississippi where the population is 2 million.

    Since Mississippi is a small state in population (just to remind you we are talking about population... not land), and the crime rate isn't too bad, less gun restrictions could exists.
    So... because there are "more people in an area" they should be disarmed?

    That's just asking for more wolves to take advantage of the flock...

    On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs - Dave Grossman
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  8. #628
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Arrow Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    You wouldn't admit it initially, but I still like to point it out from time to time since it happened...
    If it happened, provide the quotes smear boy.

    You know I can provide quotes of you lying and flipflopping, so where is your credibility now ? Liar flip flopper and unsubstantiated accusation slinger, the Trifecta

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Then answer the question... should a child, who is a citizen, be allowed to carry an AK-47?
    Your 4 year old is, right, because you said she is "free" right ?

    Or was you saying she was "free" just another one of your lies ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I was not trying to make a parallel argument
    False, whether you are aware of it or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Irrelevant and pathetic to such a degree as to be laughable...
    I agree, all of your attempts to use your daughter as a Red Herring distraction are thus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    You said free citizen in reference to the felon being free upon release. I used your term, grow up already...
    You said free, and you apparently lied, or are a terrible parent, which is it ?

    You can stop using your poorly parented daughter as a red herring anytime you choose.

  9. #629
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Arrow Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    As I said:
    As this a normative discussion, all of your "reasoned arguments" are statements of how you things things SHOULD be, and as such, nothing more than opinion.
    Thats all there is in a normative discussion Goobie.

    You do admit that "should" is in the thread title right ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Thus, the "sound arguments" that support your opinion are nothing more than opinions supporting opinions -- which is nothing more than you saying you are right because you say you are right.
    Well then, how bout I put a new spin on it for ya.

    I'm right because Goobieman is scared as hell to address my content or answer my questions.

  10. #630
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Y'all know everybody else quit reading pages and pages ago, right?
    Once the OP decided he wasnt interested in a serious discussion of the topic, its all we had left!

Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •