View Poll Results: Are ANY government regulations of the 2nd Amendment acceptable?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. It's a Constitutional Right & no regulatioins are acceptable.

    39 41.05%
  • Yes. Reasonable regulations are acceptable.

    45 47.37%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry full auto weapons.

    22 23.16%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry flame throwers.

    11 11.58%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry tactical nukes.

    1 1.05%
  • gun restrictions are necessary to prevent unauthorized use by nuts.

    16 16.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 681

Thread: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

  1. #611
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    A simple falsehood, easily demonstrated so. . . .
    All ths does it show that you stated your opinon, and then stated that your opinuion is right, because of other opinions you have.
    Thus, my statement isnt in any way deomstrated as false.

    And your position, based only on your opinon, is far from supported.

  2. #612
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    All ths does it show that you stated your opinon, and then stated that your opinuion is right, because of other opinions you have.
    Thus, my statement isnt in any way deomstrated as false.
    Oh, well, if it is that petty, you have a misspelling or three there, which is an error (or a few), so you are wrong once (or thrice), so I win.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    And your position, based only on your opinon, is far from supported.
    My opinion is supported by the reasoning I have provided. It is apparently reasoning you cannot or will not counter, so in a debate setting, it stands.

    Answer some of the many pertinent questions I have asked if you want to be worth discussing this with.

  3. #613
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Oh, well, if it is that petty...
    Noting that you supporting your opinion with nothing more than your opinion is nothing more than you saying your're right because you think you're right isnt petty, its a direct assult on your position.

    Anyone can say that they're right because they say so, as you have done.
    It means absolutely nothing.

    My opinion is supported by the reasoning I have provided.
    Which is nothing more than more opinion on your part.

    It is apparently reasoning you cannot or will not counter, so in a debate setting, it stands.
    And THIS is where you demand that I prove you wrong.

    And thus, my statement:
    All you have done is said "I think this, I'm right, show how I am wrong".
    Has been proven true.

  4. #614
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Noting that you supporting your opinion with nothing more than your opinion
    It is supported with sound reasoning that you are scared to address, hence your inability to answer the numerous questions I have posed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    is nothing more than you saying your're right because you think you're right isnt petty, its a direct assult on your position.
    No, it is not. It is a petty tactic explained by the Father in "Thank You for Smoking". You think if your one statement isn't in any way demonstrated false that it scores some magic touchdown. It doesn't. Your "statement" isn't relevant to a normative discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Anyone can say that they're right because they say so, as you have done.
    It means absolutely nothing.
    An already disproven refrain. To refuse to acknowledge the fact that I have provided sound reasoning and a rationally supported position, is mere cowardice on your part. When you can address the content I posted, you will merit further discussion. When you address the several pertinent questions I have asked, you will merit further respect.
    Last edited by Voidwar; 09-24-09 at 04:48 PM.

  5. #615
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    It is supported with sound reasoning that you are scared to address, hence your inability to answer the numerous questions I have posed.
    The "sound reasoning" your speak of is nothing more than more opinion. As such, there's no need for me to address anything, as your opinion doesnt qualify as support your opinion - it simply says thay you are a right because you say so.

    And, I note again that you're again arguing that I need to prove you wrong.

    So, yet again, my statement that "all you have done is said 'I think this, I'm right, show how I am wrong'" has been proven true -- your ad hominens to the contrary not withstanding.

    No, it is not. It is a petty tactic....
    Telling you exactly how you havent supported your position isn't petty.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 09-24-09 at 04:58 PM.

  6. #616
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    The "sound reasoning" your speak of is nothing more than more opinion. As such, there's no need for me to address anything, as your opinion doesnt qualify as support your opinion - it simply says thay you are a right because you say so.

    And, I note again that you're again arguing that I need to prove you wrong. So, yet again, my statement that "all you have done is said 'I think this, I'm right, show how I am wrong'" has been proven true -- your ad hominens to the contrary not withstanding..
    The same defeated refrain. I did not just say "I'm right" I provided several chunks of my reasoning in that composite post.

    You repeating this refrain, instead of addressing my content, is an ongoing act of cowardice.

  7. #617
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    "all you have done is said 'I think this, I'm right, show how I am wrong'"
    Really ? Gosh, it looks a LOT bigger when I write it.

    Originally Posted by Voidwar
    The fact that we currently punish citizens after release does not justify itself.

    Its just what we are doing now, and that does not add in to a discussion of whether it is the right thing to do or not.

    I disagree with the practice, completely.

    A free citizen has the right to weapons for self defense.
    This need does not go away just because the citizen did time.

    +

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Voidwar
    As I explained, NO , IT DOES NOT.

    IT is just how we have been doing it so far.

    Your "Consequence", is a violation of the Second Amendment, since we end up with a member of "the people" who's right to keep and bear arms is permanently infringed.

    If you can lose em, THEY ARE PRIVELEGES.

    It is merely how it has been, and it has been an ongoing violation of our constitution. It is not logical to release a man but release him as a second class citizen with a neutered set of rights. We are supposed to have one set of equal rights for all citizens. Citizens convicted of crimes are still citizens. As such, denying them their rights, whether they be suffrage, or the right to keep and bear, or the right to buy a home for sale in an overzealous sex offender bailiwick, is unconstitutional.

    +

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Voidwar
    I already have shown it. Releasing a citizen with a neutered set of rights is inconsistant with our sytem of law. Citizens have the right to self defense, and the right to use weapons to succeed in that end. Suffrage ? To borrow your tactic of quoting the Declaration, , No Taxation without Representation !! Sex offender crap ? OBVIOUS violation of the fifth and the fourteenth.

    +

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Voidwar
    No, they are rights, and they cannot be violated after incarceration is over.

    +

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Voidwar
    False. My reasoning may be simple, but that does not make it unsound. My reasons are mostly quoted directly from the Bill of Rights, or other Constitutional Amendments, but also from documents like the Declaration, and even possibly subjective notions about the spirit of this country. . .
    Last edited by Voidwar; 09-24-09 at 05:07 PM.

  8. #618
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    The same defeated refrain. I did not just say "I'm right" I provided several chunks of my reasoning in that composite post.
    What you fail to understand -- and at this point, one can only conclude that this failure is deliberate -- is that your "reasoning" is nothing more than you stating additional opinion; when these additional opinions are used to support your original opinion, you are in fact saying that you are right because you say you are right.

    Remember -- YOU couched this a normative discussion. In that, all of your "reasoned arguments" are statements of how you things things SHOULD be, and as such, nothing more than opinion.

    Since you -deliberately- fail to understand this, the only logical conclusion is that you'd rather save face than have to admit that you are wrong.

    You repeating this refrain, instead of addressing my content, is an ongoing act of cowardice.
    Ah, the ad hom -- the final refuge of those that know they have been defeated.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 09-24-09 at 05:24 PM.

  9. #619
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    is that your "reasoning" is nothing more than you stating your opinion; when said opinions are used to support your original opinion, you are in fact saying that you are right because you say you are right.
    Its nothing I don't understand Goob.

    It is the very nature of a normative discussion.

    We are not talking about what is. We are talking about what should be. I have expressed a well thought out opinion and supported it with solid reasoning. I have quoted the portions of the Constitution that I believe rule out this practice, and so my opinion is that it is unconstitutional as well. There, you at least had the mettle to respond to my content, but your response was just precedent citation. That is just what one set of fallible human judges decided on one occasion. I know what precedent is, and its significance in verdicts and sentencing, but its significance in our context, of a normative discussion, is greatly reduced. They were just humans, so are we.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Ah, the ad hom -- the final refuge of those that know they have been defeated.
    I did not describe you, I described your actions.
    You are attempting to paint my position as something it is not, deliberately posting and reposting a very brief and inaccurate version of it in an attempt to marginalize my content. Avoiding that content, in this shoddy way, and the further avoidance of my several pertinent questions, is an ongoing act of cowardice.

  10. #620
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Remember -- YOU couched this a normative discussion.
    I disagree. The Thread Title contains the word "Should".

    I certainly understand that we are on a "sub-topic", but the normative nature of the discussion was present in the OP.

Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •