View Poll Results: Are ANY government regulations of the 2nd Amendment acceptable?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. It's a Constitutional Right & no regulatioins are acceptable.

    39 41.05%
  • Yes. Reasonable regulations are acceptable.

    45 47.37%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry full auto weapons.

    22 23.16%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry flame throwers.

    11 11.58%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry tactical nukes.

    1 1.05%
  • gun restrictions are necessary to prevent unauthorized use by nuts.

    16 16.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 681

Thread: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

  1. #581
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Its your claim.
    Its not up to me to disprove your claim, its up to you to support it.
    I askied you to back it up, and you refuse to do so.
    I already told you, I am not your law clerk.

    When you go get what I asked for, then mebbe I will do your homework assignment.

    I don't mind doing yours, because it won't get you a damn thing anyway.

    Would you like to know why the crap you requested doesn't matter ?

    Its all right here for the reading :

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    The fact that we currently punish citizens after release does not justify itself.

    Its just what we are doing now, and that does not add in to a discussion of whether it is the right thing to do or not.

    I disagree with the practice, completely.

    A free citizen has the right to weapons for self defense.
    This need does not go away just because the citizen did time.

    Sex offenders ? What a joke, unnecessarily hassling most, ineffectively ignored in cases where it might really matter.
    So what did you ask for ? Cases ? Precedent ?

    What is so hard for you to understand about these sentences ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    The fact that we currently punish citizens after release does not justify itself.

    Its just what we are doing now, and that does not add in to a discussion of whether it is the right thing to do or not.
    Precedent gains you NOTHING in a normative discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You said earlier that the DoI wasnt relevant.
    I said it carried no legal weight. Difference, and don't scold me for using YOUR playbook unless you swear to use it no longer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You obviously do not know what an ad hom is.
    It is you trying to make the thread about ME when it is about the 2nd Amendment, and the sub-topic has become the neutered rights of felons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So, your right to life is a privelege?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So, again, you have no right to life, liberty or property?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I asked you a question, pursunt to -your- statement.
    So, again: you have no right to life, liberty or property?
    I am not the topic, as I am neither incarcerated, nor a felon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    An, as I proved from your very on quote, its YOUR red herring.
    No, it is an irrelevant question you are attempting to bait me and derail the thread with, and I ignore it, because of its lack of relevance.

  2. #582
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    It directly disproves your claim that the --only-- constitutional punishment are incarceration or fines.
    That wasn't my claim, child. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Do you think a dead man can vote ?

    Do you think a dead man can exercise second amendment rights ?

    Perhaps I discussed the topic as I would with a grown up who can see one step down the road, and this was my error.
    Who knew I would have to explain to Goobie that you can't violate a dead man's rights ?

    But Goobie thinks he can score a point by pretending I left something out.

    The point you can score Goobie, is not looking like a berk when you can't understand that I skipped death, because it is not relevant to the topic. Dead men don't ask to vote after you execute them, DO THEY ???
    Last edited by Voidwar; 09-23-09 at 08:02 PM.

  3. #583
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    One proven completely inaccurate by the quote I followed it with.
    I treated that as a separate point, and that was my mistake.



    A false claim.
    She is not a free citizen? How is that?



    More falsehoods. If this is a question :



    Where is the question mark ?




    I think its NOT a question, but rather, as I accurately stated before, it is your attempt to fashion a strawman.
    It was an implied question.



    You are making up strawmen, and trying to pin them to me.
    I am making up scenarios and trying to understand your position, generally, people just alter the scenario in order to explain their ideas instead of getting defensive.


    What do you think a sex offender registry is ?
    I am talking about the principle, not the list.


    I'll say no. But I won't make it a stupid ass blanket ill fitting law.

    I will leave the decision, that "no" where it belongs, in the hands of the principal.
    And how is the principal supposed to know if there is not a list?


    Yes, and would you release this danger ?
    Actually, I would have all convicted rapists, murderers and child/sexual offenders put to death.



    Because you base your objections off of worst case scenarios, and that is a hallmark of YOUR emotionalization of the issue.
    I completely leave emotion out of my argument, mine is an ethical postion, one devoid of emotion...


    I note now, that you did not address my point ONE BIT.

    I wonder why that is ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

    Perhaps that is because it is one of the NOT worst case scenarios.
    Everything should be taken case by case...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #584
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    She is not a free citizen? How is that?
    Yawn. More red herring. She is a minor that may yet live to become a citizen.

    Who cares , can she vote ? ahh, red herring then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    It was an implied question.
    Well, not all of us make stuff up and attribute it to others.

    No question marks, no questions, you're simply caught in another falsehood.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I am making up scenarios
    They are called S-T-R-A-W-M-E-N.
    Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I am talking about the principle, not the list.
    Well then you are either off topic, or you can begin to defend the policy of the wrongly accused "rapist" being denied employment at a local school.

    I'll leave the decision in the hands of the principal of the school, on site, where it belongs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    And how is the principal supposed to know if there is not a list?
    Check that applicant's criminal record ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Actually, I would have all convicted rapists, murderers and child/sexual offenders put to death.
    Separate topic.

    The original topic can continue, and we can assume the guy is felony robbery convict, or will you not let those go either ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Everything should be taken case by case...
    Then why do you support a lumping category / practice like "sex-offender" and possibly the registry and law that that term is associated with ?

  5. #585
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Yawn. More red herring. She is a minor that may yet live to become a citizen.

    Who cares , can she vote ? ahh, red herring then.
    Every person born in the USA or to a US Citizen is a citizen of the United States AT BIRTH. Did you actually not know this? She is a citizen. You say that all citizens should be able to own and carry guns. Do you think that a five-year old should be able to own and carry an AK-47 or not? Answer the freaking question.

    Well, not all of us make stuff up and attribute it to others.

    No question marks, no questions, you're simply caught in another falsehood.
    Sorry that you don't understand it... let's move on then.

    They are called S-T-R-A-W-M-E-N.
    Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.
    Dol you even know what a Strawman is? How is a scenario or analogy or question a Strawman? I am trying to find out what you think, not tell you. Get a grip.

    Well then you are either off topic, or you can begin to defend the policy of the wrongly accused "rapist" being denied employment at a local school.
    What the hell are talkiing about? All of what we are talkinga bout is on the topic of regulations To 2nd Amnendment rights.

    I'll leave the decision in the hands of the principal of the school, on site, where it belongs.
    I am talking about a principle, not the principal. Catch up.

    Check that applicant's criminal record ?
    Ummm...what about your aversion to lists?

    Separate topic.
    Nope, just a tangent of this one, one that you seemingly were alluding to, hence my statement.

    The original topic can continue, and we can assume the guy is felony robbery convict, or will you not let those go either ?
    Sure they can go on and live a long and happy life... without a gun.

    Then why do you support a lumping category / practice like "sex-offender" and possibly the registry and law that that term is associated with ?
    Initially, you did not differentiate, once it became clear that the miscommunication for you was about "lumping" I made clear my thoughts so that you would better understand them. It is called a conversation. Read up on it... Understand it... Your hostility just will melt away...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #586
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Every person born in the USA or to a US Citizen is a citizen of the United States AT BIRTH. Did you actually not know this? She is a citizen.
    Can she vote ? Red herring. Talk about your daughter with someone who cares.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Sorry that you don't understand it... let's move on then.
    It wasn't that I did not understand, it was that you claimed there was a question, where I clearly demonstrated there was not. You were caught asserting a falsehood, covering for the fact that you were fashioning a strawman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Dol you even know what a Strawman is?
    Indeed I do. It is when you make up things, and then claim that I said them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    How is a scenario or analogy or question a Strawman?
    These "scenarios and analogies" are just your way of phrasing your strawman, and as I previously showed, there was no question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I am trying to find out what you think, not tell you. Get a grip.
    Bull. You are trying to make up claims and then attribute them to me, and I catch you and expose you at it all the time. It usually happens when I ask you for a quote of ME saying that, and you can't provide it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    What the hell are talkiing about?
    The hypothetical problem with the registry I posted earlier :

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Yawn. Say a guy gets falsely accused of rape, and qualifies for the list.

    No reason to use a stupid blanket law to do the job of a pre-school principal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    All of what we are talkinga bout is on the topic of regulations To 2nd Amnendment rights.
    Then why even mention your daughter ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Ummm...what about your aversion to lists?
    Already covered above, see lumping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Sure they can go on and live a long and happy life... without a gun.
    Bull. Many occupations require the use of firearms, or involve security risks.

    A Diamond merchant needs to carry, and still would when trying to restart his business after any unrelated felony.

    Your trite answer, is not nearly enough justification to violate that citizen's second amendment.
    Last edited by Voidwar; 09-23-09 at 10:19 PM.

  7. #587
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Can she vote ? Red herring. Talk about your daughter with someone who cares.
    Vote? Irrelevant.

    You are talking about citizens. She is a citizen. On this point, you fail since you contradict yourself. You say that all citizens deserve the right to bear arms and now you are hedging your claim with her age. Sorry buddy... fail.

    It wasn't that I did not understand, it was that you claimed there was a question, where I clearly demonstrated there was not. You were caught asserting a falsehood, covering for the fact that you were fashioning a strawman.


    Indeed I do. It is when you make up things, and then claim that I said them.
    I didn't claim that you said them... I am wondering if that is what you are saying, since you don't really say it. I am making an analogy to what I think that you ARE saying, in order to find out if you are, in fact, thinking what I am asking.

    I see that nothing changes with you, does it?

    These "scenarios and analogies" are just your way of phrasing your strawman, and as I previously showed, there was no question.
    You just can't admit it, can you?

    Bull. You are trying to make up claims and then attribute them to me, and I catch you and expose you at it all the time. It usually happens when I ask you for a quote of ME saying that, and you can't provide it.
    More proof to the fact that you communicate poorly...

    The hypothetical problem with the registry I posted earlier

    Then why even mention your daughter ?:
    I brought up the child owning a gun qustion prior to that...

    Already covered above, see lumping.
    Thats the whole point... you are OK with lists on a record, but not a list about those with a specific record to make things more concise... contradiction. Fail.

    Bull. Many occupations require the use of firearms, or involve security risks.

    A Diamond merchant needs to carry, and still would when trying to restart his business after any unrelated felony.

    Your trite answer, is not nearly enough justification to violate that citizen's second amendment.
    FAIL! What is it with you today? Same as every other day? More jobs do not require a gun than those that do. Talk about lumping! It is good when you do it, eh?

    How about the Death Penalty for any felony, that way they don't get the gun like I want and they don't lose their right like you want.

    You have nothing here... just a feeble emotional plea to let criminals and predators run around with guns so that they can continue to wreak havoc on society... you advocate such a staunch all or nothing view that it is pathetically illogical. *shakes head slowly* Ahhh voidwar... what are we gonna do with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #588
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Vote? Irrelevant.

    You are talking about citizens.
    I am talking about the neutered voting rights of those citizens convicted of felonies. She can't vote and I doubt she is a felon, so she isn't relevant to the discussion at hand. You bring up your daughter as a nitpicky red herring distraction.

    She is irrelevant to the discussion, so leave her out of it.
    Last edited by Voidwar; 09-23-09 at 11:12 PM.

  9. #589
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Arrow Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I didn't claim that you said them...
    OH, here you just claim I think it :

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Minors are citizens too, apparently you think that a five year-old should be able to carry around an AK-47?
    And here you claim logic dictates I feel a certain way:

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Logic would dictate that you feel that convicted felons, while in prison, should be able to own and carry guns. This is where your logic is flawed...
    The problem is, Strawman Artist, its not my logic. Its your made up crap.

  10. #590
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    I am talking about the neutered voting rights of those citizens convicted of felonies. She can't vote and I doubt she is a felon, so she isn't relevant to the discussion at hand. You bring up your daughter as a nitpicky red herring distraction.

    She is irrelevant to the discussion, so leave her out of it.
    It was relevant to your broad all-encompassing statement that no citizen should be denied the right to bear arms. She is a citizen. According to you, she should be able to carry an AK-47. If you don't agree, simply modify your statements so that you don't get called on it, and consequently... completely owned on a specific point.

    You have now modified your statement to include only convicted felons... they should lose their right to bear arms indefinetely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •