View Poll Results: Are ANY government regulations of the 2nd Amendment acceptable?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. It's a Constitutional Right & no regulatioins are acceptable.

    39 41.05%
  • Yes. Reasonable regulations are acceptable.

    45 47.37%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry full auto weapons.

    22 23.16%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry flame throwers.

    11 11.58%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry tactical nukes.

    1 1.05%
  • gun restrictions are necessary to prevent unauthorized use by nuts.

    16 16.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 681

Thread: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

  1. #541
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    and no preconditions except for criminals
    During incarceration, OK, after release, unacceptable.

  2. #542
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,854

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    During incarceration, OK, after release, unacceptable.
    Once a person has shown that they are untrustworthy, committing a rape, murder or other felony, then it is literally illogical and insane to allow them legal access to fire arms...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #543
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Once a person has shown that they are untrustworthy, committing a rape, murder or other felony, then it is literally illogical and insane to allow them legal access to fire arms...
    Then it would be literally illogical and insane to allow them out of jail.

  4. #544
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,854

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Then it would be literally illogical and insane to allow them out of jail.
    If you can prove that jail rehibilitates criminals so that they are no longer a threat and prove that the revolving door issue is untrue, thus indicating that they should be able to have fire arms that simply make it even easier for them to rape and murder again, then your statement would merit any type of reasonable response, until then though, think whatever you like buddy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #545
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    If you can prove that jail rehibilitates criminals so that they are no longer a threat and prove that the revolving door issue is untrue, thus indicating that they should be able to have fire arms that simply make it even easier for them to rape and murder again, then your statement would merit any type of reasonable response, until then though, think whatever you like buddy...
    That was worded in a rather convoluted way that was a bit difficult to follow. Want to have another go at it?


    IMHO, if you commit a crime so severe that you could never be trusted with arms (legally) again, ie rape, murder, armed robbery, home invasion, any felony where someone dies or nearly dies, that sort of thing....then you should never get out of jail, period. If we did that, we wouldn't need to be talking about gun control, because we'd have the thing we really need: criminal control.
    Last edited by Goshin; 09-21-09 at 10:26 PM.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  6. #546
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    That was worded in a rather convoluted way that was a bit difficult to follow. Want to have another go at it?


    IMHO, if you commit a crime so severe that you could never be trusted with arms (legally) again, ie rape, murder, armed robbery, home invasion, any felony where someone dies or nearly dies, that sort of thing....then you should never get out of jail, period. If we did that, we wouldn't need to be talking about gun control, because we'd have the thing we really need: criminal control.
    One problem with your thinking is that we simply do not have the space in our prison system to accommodate all those prisoners for life, so your plan is not possible in the real world.

  7. #547
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    One problem with your thinking is that we simply do not have the space in our prison system to accommodate all those prisoners for life, so your plan is not possible in the real world.
    So, because we don't have the space to hold all the people who break laws..

    You're going to punish those who do not, by attempting to take their firearms away from them?


    I'm sorry, I have to go pick up my eyes.. they just rolled out of my head and onto the floor.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  8. #548
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post


    I'm sorry, I have to go pick up my eyes.. they just rolled out of my head and onto the floor.
    Why bother....You don't SEE anything with them anyway!
    (sorry.......to wide an opening for me to resist!)

  9. #549
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Why bother....You don't SEE anything with them anyway!
    (sorry.......to wide an opening for me to resist!)
    Sling the personal insults, instead of actually responding to my post.


    Way to go, champ.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  10. #550
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Sling the personal insults, instead of actually responding to my post.


    Way to go, champ.
    I apologized in that post but........You gave me such a wide opening....I just couldn't pass it up!!
    (I'll give you a serious answer later when I have more time)

Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •