View Poll Results: Are ANY government regulations of the 2nd Amendment acceptable?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. It's a Constitutional Right & no regulatioins are acceptable.

    39 41.05%
  • Yes. Reasonable regulations are acceptable.

    45 47.37%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry full auto weapons.

    22 23.16%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry flame throwers.

    11 11.58%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry tactical nukes.

    1 1.05%
  • gun restrictions are necessary to prevent unauthorized use by nuts.

    16 16.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 681

Thread: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

  1. #331
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Whatever the number, it is still smaller than the majority by definition. Why should the minority's will be forced on the majority?
    Please; this is disingenuous. Because it is a right. The civil rights movement was not supported by a majority. Abolition of slavery was not supported by a majority in those states where slavery was practiced. We do not live in a pure democracy where the will of the majority supercedes the Constitution. This is a straw man at best.

    Majorities frequently try to suppress the rights of minorities, that doesn't make it right.




    OK...Now we are getting somewhere!

    You say that 20 minutes is what you would call reasonable. I'll start off with a week as my limit. From here it's just a simple matter of "Horse Trading".
    No sir. You said "a week to run background checks". I just told you how long it actually takes to run one. (BTW, I am again amazed that you didn't know NICS doesn't take a week?). Any delay of more than the time it takes NICS to run the check (about 20 min typically) is not a delay for the sake of background checks, it is for some other reason. Therefore we have nothing to horse-trade about, any more than if someone claimed the sky is green: they are in error.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  2. #332
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,505

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Whatever the number, it is still smaller than the majority by definition. Why should the minority's will be forced on the majority?
    Yes it should if it is considered a right by the Constitution. It is a right guaranteed by the 2nd amendment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    OK...Now we are getting somewhere!
    You say that 20 minutes is what you would call reasonable. I'll start off with a week as my limit. From here it's just a simple matter of "Horse Trading".
    Yes and no. Basically it can be done while you wait in a few minutes. No reason for a waiting period.

    No evidence exist at all that the waiting period has had any affect on crime, period.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 08-25-09 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #333
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    So you support states that ban gay marriage,ban tax payer funded services to illegals, and states or cities that put up ten commandment monuments(in areas where the majority of people are Christians)?
    Not following you into the semantics weed forest.

    The topic is 2nd amendment rights.

  4. #334
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Not following you into the semantics weed forest.

    The topic is 2nd amendment rights.
    He's making a point that we do not live in a nation where a majority can take away the rights of a minority, just because they have more numbers. At least, not according to our ideals or the Constitution.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #335
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,505

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Not following you into the semantics weed forest.

    The topic is 2nd amendment rights.
    It is not semantics you said...

    "Why should the minority's will be forced on the majority?" - Devil505

    To which he replied with a legitimate question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #336
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Not following you into the semantics weed forest.

    The topic is 2nd amendment rights.
    You said "Why should the minority's will be forced on the majority" so I responded with "So you support states that ban gay marriage,ban tax payer funded services to illegals, and states or cities that put up ten commandment monuments(in areas where the majority of people are Christians)?" Do you support states or cities doing something simply because the majority says okay?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #337
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yes it should if it is considered a right by the Constitution. It is a right guaranteed by the 2nd amendment.

    OK...Now we are getting somewhere!
    ??????



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yes and no. Basically it can be done while you wait in a few minutes. No reason for a waiting period.

    No evidence exist at all that the waiting period has had any affect on crime, period.
    So which is it...Yes or No?
    Are you changing your 20 minutes is reasonable opening opinion? (if so.....how much time do you now consider reasonable.....15 seconds?.....30 seconds??.....4 minutes??...what?)
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-25-09 at 06:18 PM.

  8. #338
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Don't dodge the issue. It takes about 20 minutes to run a NICS check.
    Any longer than that isn't about background checks, its a delay for some other reason.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #339
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Don't dodge the issue. It takes about 20 minutes to run a NICS check.
    Any longer than that isn't about background checks, its a delay for some other reason.
    Suppose the phone lines are dead? (do we give Charles Manson the go ahead to buy a Tommy Gun?)

  10. #340
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Suppose the phone lines are dead? (do we give Charles Manson the go ahead to buy a Tommy Gun?)

    Having fun are we?

    When you're ready to have an actual debate again, let me know.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •