View Poll Results: Are ANY government regulations of the 2nd Amendment acceptable?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. It's a Constitutional Right & no regulatioins are acceptable.

    39 41.05%
  • Yes. Reasonable regulations are acceptable.

    45 47.37%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry full auto weapons.

    22 23.16%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry flame throwers.

    11 11.58%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry tactical nukes.

    1 1.05%
  • gun restrictions are necessary to prevent unauthorized use by nuts.

    16 16.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 681

Thread: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

  1. #301
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Because their benefit to society outweighs their danger.
    What is the benefit of a baseball bat? Play a game? There are far more other ways to get entertainment besides baseball. Not much of a benefit there. Bash someones head in? Not very beneficial to the person that has a crushed skull wouldn't you say?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #302
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Because their benefit to society outweighs their danger.
    The benefit of a citizens being able to keep a tyrannical government at bay and to protect itself from invasion outweighs the need for a false sense of safety with anti-2nd amendment laws.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #303
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Nukes would not be needed as no government would use nukes against it's own populace as that would SEVERLY damage their public images with not only its civilians but also it's world image.

    And as far as fighter jets why not allow civilians to have them? Assuming that they can pass the flight tests I see no reason to not allow them to have jets. Of course it's not like private airplanes couldn't be outfitted with weapons anyways.

    Aircraft carriers? Actually I don't think that there is a law stating that civilians can't have ships that can carry/launch aircraft.
    it's always funny to see the anti-gunners bring this up.

    "If you can have this, why not have a nuke?!?! or a bomb or a aircraft carrier, or a tank!!!"


    Fact of the matter is, we're not talking about Nuclear Devices, Bombs, or vehicles.

    We're talking about modern firearms.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  4. #304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    What is the benefit of a baseball bat? Play a game?
    Exactly right. A recreational benefit that far outweighs it's danger to society.

  5. #305
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Because their benefit to society outweighs their danger.

    A machine gun's danger far outweighs any benefit to normal society. (that's why the NFA regulates them so tightly & has since 1934)
    That's your interpretation of why baseball bats exist.

    I could care less about why you think something exists... as I don't think the same thing.

    So, please explain to me why they're not regulated? Keeping in mind, I have seen people beaten to death with a baseball bat... and I have seen people stabbed w/ kitchen knives, and beaten with tire irons.

    Why are they not regulated?
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  6. #306
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Sorry all.....I have a few things I have to get done so we'll just have to continue this later!

  7. #307
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I never bought that argument. If you take that thinking to its logical conclusion, civilians would need nukes, aircraft carriers & jet fighter to have a fair fight against their government.
    To me..that's a small, far right "Fringe" argument that very few believe.
    I want the chance. There are natural limitations in the weaponry that we have built. You can't have biological, nuclear, chemical weapons etc. The government does have these things. That doesn't mean it's hopeless, it doesn't mean it's not worth trying. I want the chance. If government should behave so improperly that it must justly be overthrown, I want the chance to do so. If I die, I die; but I'll get to die free. At least I have that. Plus I have the chance of changing it as well. I don't care what chances people think we have or not; the chance is important for in the chance is the placement of ultimate power. Is it the People or the State who is the seat of all power? If you believe the People, then they get the chance to dispose of the State should the State not serve the purpose of the People. If you believe the State is the seat of power, it's the opposite. The People don't even deserve the chance, don't even try it's not worth it. Obey obey obey, the State knows what's best for you.

    So what is it? The People or the State?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #308
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    One last quick point for now:

    By the poll results so far, it would seem that more people buy the "Reasonable regulations are acceptable." argument than the one I'm hearing right now.

    I'll be back

  9. #309
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    One last quick point for now:

    By the poll results so far, it would seem that more people buy the "Reasonable regulations are acceptable." argument than the one I'm hearing right now.
    So, the majority is imposing it's will on the minority..

    That's just another day in US Politics...


    What's your point?
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  10. #310
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    One last quick point for now:

    By the poll results so far, it would seem that more people buy the "Reasonable regulations are acceptable." argument than the one I'm hearing right now.

    I'll be back
    You're gonna need those regulations right quick if your plan is to take my guns or my liberty.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •