View Poll Results: Are ANY government regulations of the 2nd Amendment acceptable?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. It's a Constitutional Right & no regulatioins are acceptable.

    39 41.05%
  • Yes. Reasonable regulations are acceptable.

    45 47.37%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry full auto weapons.

    22 23.16%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry flame throwers.

    11 11.58%
  • A law abiding citizen should have the right to own & carry tactical nukes.

    1 1.05%
  • gun restrictions are necessary to prevent unauthorized use by nuts.

    16 16.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 681

Thread: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

  1. #171
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    forgive my "snotty attitude", but your ignorance on this subject is glaring. winchester still makes firearms today, therefore, claiming because it is a winchester it must be an "antique" is ignorant...
    Maybe you're the ignorant one. Here's Jall's original question:

    I actually don't even know how to go about registering or permitting a gun that's been passed down in my family. Do I even have to register a really old hunting rifle? Or is it just handguns?
    Please point out the word "Winchester" in that post. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Furthermore, you never asked him which winchester it was and when it was made, and therefore your bolding of CA law demonstrated purposeful stupidity on your part.
    I probably didn't ask him which Winchester it was and when it was made because at that point he hadn't mentioned that he had a Winchester (that came much later in post 159). Ya think? As for my "bolding of California law," I suspect that, since he indicates that he lives in San Francisco, the gun laws of, say, Vermont, wouldn't be of much help to him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Tell you what, when he wants to know about tofu and how to abort a baby at 10 monts he goes to you
    More snotty insults. Pure class, Rev.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    when he wants to know about guns he comes to people like me who may know a bit more than you do... mmmmmkay?
    Given your demonstrated inability to follow a simple conversation, I'm thinking you're probably not the guy he's going to go to for clarification on anything in these fora. But that's for Jall to decide, isn't it?


  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Red herring
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Search Wiktionary Look up red herring in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

    Red herring may refer to:


    * Red herring (idiom), a deliberate attempt to divert attention
    * Red herring (logical fallacy), a deliberate attempt to change a subject or divert an argument



    My analogy was exactly on point.
    If anyone is attempting to divert attention or change the subject, it is not me.
    Well, since no one suggested giving a firearm to "Miss Landers", your hypothetical involving her disarmament indeed represents a red herring, or a non-sequitur, or a straw man; depends on how you look at it, I guess. Point is, it's a logical fallacy.

    Now, would you care to address the points I've actually made, because my argument doesn't concern Miss Landers. She's not getting a gun. Coach Kooi is getting a gun and he's concealing it in a shoulder holster:



    Assuming anyone could actually find out that he was armed, Coach Kooi is also a huge badass, which makes the idea of some angsty adolescent(s) disarming him quite hilarious.

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Well, since no one suggested giving a firearm to "Miss Landers", your hypothetical involving her disarmament indeed represents a red herring, or a non-sequitur, or a straw man; depends on how you look at it, I guess. Point is, it's a logical fallacy.
    I don't have time to go back now but if you scroll back in this thread, someone suggested arming school teachers. No red herring here.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I don't have time to go back now but if you scroll back in this thread, someone suggested arming school teachers. No red herring here.
    Yes, BUT they didn't suggest arming "Miss Landers", that was YOUR straw man/red herring/non-sequitur.

    Do you have anything to add to this discussion besides a slew of badly disguised logical fallacies?

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Yes, BUT they didn't suggest arming "Miss Landers", that was YOUR straw man/red herring/non-sequitur.

    Do you have anything to add to this discussion besides a slew of badly disguised logical fallacies?

    OK....I get it. Unless the poster had named Miss Landers ...By Name....my comment was a red herring.

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Very Simple and to the point, the 2nd Adm. can't and shall never be tinker with. You folks who think we need to have some sort of Gun Regs. need to go and read the US Const./Bill of Rights and the US Codes after that then I suggest you go and undertsand this one very fast.

    In the US Const. it is required that all Able Men over the age of 16 must be part of a Standing State Militia.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    OK....I get it.
    No, you don't. Let me explain it to you in the simplest possible terms:

    Goshin said it makes sense to arm teachers.

    You countered, suggesting that vulnerable teachers (AKA Miss Landers) would make for easy targets.

    Your counter-point erroneously assumes that vulnerable teachers (AKA Miss Landers) would be issued a weapon at all; they won't.

    In making an erroneous assumption and attributing it to another person's argument you are creating a straw man, which is a logical fallacy.

    Simple enough for you?

  8. #178
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,505

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    No, you don't. Let me explain it to you in the simplest possible terms:

    Goshin said it makes sense to arm teachers.

    You countered, suggesting that vulnerable teachers (AKA Miss Landers) would make for easy targets.

    Your counter-point erroneously assumes that vulnerable teachers (AKA Miss Landers) would be issued a weapon at all; they won't.

    In making an erroneous assumption and attributing it to another person's argument you are creating a straw man, which is a logical fallacy.

    Simple enough for you?
    And we have a winner!

    I will email your oversize Internet virtual Cupie Doll. Allow 2 weeks for delivery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

    You countered, suggesting that vulnerable teachers (AKA Miss Landers) would make for easy targets.

    Your counter-point erroneously assumes that vulnerable teachers (AKA Miss Landers) would be issued a weapon at all; they won't.
    Tell me......Where exactly do we find invulnerable teachers. Your argument assumes there is such a thing. ALL teachers would be vulnerable & easy prey due to the element of surprise always working against them......Regardless of how big/tough they are.
    In that sense all teachers would be as vulnerable to surprise attack as Miss Landers & just as easy to disarm.

    We are having a nice simple conversation here so please....don't drag it off into the semantics weed forest.
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-21-09 at 09:50 PM.

  10. #180
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Should There Be Any Regulations To 2nd Amnendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Tell me......Where exactly do we find invulnerable teachers. Your argument assumes there is such a thing. ALL teachers would be vulnerable & easy prey due to the element of surprise always working against them......Regardless of how big/tough they are.
    In that sense all teachers would be as vulnerable to surprise attack as Miss Landers & just as easy to disarm.

    We are having a nice simple conversation here so please....don't drag it off into the semantics weed forest.

    You engaged in several over the top generalizations, absolutist statements, and outright fallacies already established as such there....I'll be nice and assume it was out of momentary annoyance and forgetfulness. Your arguments are so generalized and absolutist they could be used as points to disarm even the police.

    We've already established that determining which teachers are carrying a concealed weapon would not be easy. We've established that in order to be sure they got the weapon before the teacher they'd need to know where it was concealed. We've further established that armed staff-members (not simply teachers; there's principals/vice's coaches and maintenance and etc) could be given training in weapons retention to make them harder targets, etc etc...

    In short, we've established that there is NO REASON at all that it would be EASY for students to take guns from teachers.

    That aspect of the argument is stone dead because it is proven erroneous.
    Last edited by Goshin; 08-21-09 at 10:21 PM.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •