View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with your current health insurance provider?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Satisfied: Why?

    34 50.00%
  • Unsatisfied: Why?

    23 33.82%
  • I don't have health insurance: Why?

    11 16.18%
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 216

Thread: How satisfied are you with your health insurance provider?

  1. #71
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: How satisfied are you with your health insurance provider?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anima View Post
    I'm covered by the UK's National Health Service, and I'm very satisfied with the care I receive. I'd like the NHS to standardise access to various tests and treatments over different areas so one isn't waiting 3 before being put forward for a test in one district, and being put forward immediately in another, and I'd to see more access to community-based mental health care, but otherwise I've no complaints.
    But what about the death panels? How has your experience been with them, have you found them to be fair every time they evaluate your productivity to society?
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  2. #72
    Cànan a' Gàidheal
    Anima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    West Coast of Scotland
    Last Seen
    06-24-12 @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,741

    Re: How satisfied are you with your health insurance provider?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    But what about the death panels? How has your experience been with them, have you found them to be fair every time they evaluate your productivity to society?
    Well, their recommensation regarding myself and my family (which includes sufferers of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Cardiac Arrest, Parkinson's Disease, Leukemia, Cerebral Palsy, Auto-immune Thyroditis, Asthma, Diabetes, Dyslexia, Lipomatosis and Lung Cancer) appears to be "Let them live, and give them excellent healthcare." Crafty death panels. Crafty. They must be planning something.
    "I'll govern for all the ambitions of Scotland, and for all of the people who imagine that we can live in a better land. This party, the Scottish party, your party, carries your hope, and we shall carry it carefully, and make the nation proud."
    Alex Salmond, First Minister of Scotland, Scottish National Party

  3. #73
    Cànan a' Gàidheal
    Anima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    West Coast of Scotland
    Last Seen
    06-24-12 @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,741

    Re: How satisfied are you with your health insurance provider?

    I was, at one point, covered by a private family plan (BUPA UK) but we never used it, so we let it lapse. I couldn't really comment on it any further, since we never really experienced what it was like for care, although the list of non covered pre-existing conditions was bloody huge.
    "I'll govern for all the ambitions of Scotland, and for all of the people who imagine that we can live in a better land. This party, the Scottish party, your party, carries your hope, and we shall carry it carefully, and make the nation proud."
    Alex Salmond, First Minister of Scotland, Scottish National Party

  4. #74
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,505

    Re: How satisfied are you with your health insurance provider?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I had a severe motorcycle wreck when I was in my 30's with out insurance and the financial repercussions almost ruined my life. Suicide was a serious consideration for me because I saw no way out of the hole I was in. It wound up affecting about 8 years of my life.
    You did not have insurance on your motorcycle? And whos fault is that?

    Not to sound heartless and cold. I am glad everything worked out. It is just that it would have been covered by your vheicle insurance, not your health insurance.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 08-19-09 at 07:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #75
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: How satisfied are you with your health insurance provider?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
    I simply asked you to explain the pro-life position, given the circumstances, you never did. fail
    No, you "simply" wanted me to answer a question filled with your loaded terms. I rejected the premise of the question. It's the fallacy of Complex Question.

    HONESTY, dude. You've got a big problem with it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #76
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: How satisfied are you with your health insurance provider?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anima View Post
    I'm covered by the UK's National Health Service, and I'm very satisfied with the care I receive. I'd like the NHS to standardise access to various tests and treatments over different areas so one isn't waiting 3 before being put forward for a test in one district, and being put forward immediately in another, and I'd to see more access to community-based mental health care, but otherwise I've no complaints.
    When is the last time you were required to have major surgery or get a MRI or CAT scan? We all know general health care like checkups, meds, and other minor things are a breeze, they are here too, but its the major things that are the issue.

    What first hand experience do you have with it if any? Wait times, bureaucracy, co pays, denials?
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,816

    Re: How satisfied are you with your health insurance provider?

    After living in the USA and paying and tens upon tens of thousands of dollars in my life, only to have them deny $40,000+ worth of coverage when my daughter almost died due to state pressured vaccinations and then to live in New Zealand with universal coverage that denies nobody and has really good doctors, well, I can tell you honestly that I am a convert and that the US system sucks donkey ball sweat. It is so pathetic and dishonest in the US system of health that I am disgusted that it is still allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #78
    Cànan a' Gàidheal
    Anima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    West Coast of Scotland
    Last Seen
    06-24-12 @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,741

    Re: How satisfied are you with your health insurance provider?

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    When is the last time you were required to have major surgery or get a MRI or CAT scan? We all know general health care like checkups, meds, and other minor things are a breeze, they are here too, but its the major things that are the issue.

    What first hand experience do you have with it if any? Wait times, bureaucracy, co pays, denials?
    Can I ask your nationality, scourge, so I can ascertain what you mean by "things we know" about universal coverage?

    Wait times vary from procedure to procedure. Urgent procedures are performed as soon as space for one can be found on the theater rosters (the two relatives of mine who were unfortunately stricken with cancerous tumuours had surgery within a week of their discovery when such was possible without the prior need for chemo/radio). Wait times for non-essential procedures (those not required to preserve life or a basic standard) like cosmetic surgery tend to be a great deal longer.

    Referral to specialist departments tends to take around a week to two weeks at the most if one is considered at risk of having a serious condition, and two weeks to a month if one is suspected to have a more minor condition (for example, things like acid reflux or mild allergies.) The NHS is committed to reducing waiting times for all surgeries, and so far they're on target in this aim. Waiting times for all surgical procedures are declining, as are the waiting times for referral appointments with specialists, with the exception of psychaitry referrals.

    Bureaucracy? The doctor diagnoses us, we're referred onto the appropraite specialist if necessary, or treated in his office with presriptions and minor procedures. NHS patients face very little bureaucracy while receiving care.

    Co-pays? Healthy working adults pay for their own medications, unless usch medcations are given as part of in-patient hospital treatments. The charge for prescriptions is fixed at £5 in England, £4 in Scotland, regardless of the item prescribed. Healthy working adults also pay for their own spectacles and dentistry. Children, the unemployed, pregnant women, new mothers, the retired, the disabled and full time students pay nothing.

    Denial? The only way you'll be denied any treatment is you're not considered strong enough to withstand it (i.e. some surgeons refuse to perform non-essential surgery on the extremely morbidly obese due to the risks posed to them by the anesthetic) or if a specialist over-rules your general doctor and decides that medically, you've been misdiagnosed or would benefit more from a different treatment.
    "I'll govern for all the ambitions of Scotland, and for all of the people who imagine that we can live in a better land. This party, the Scottish party, your party, carries your hope, and we shall carry it carefully, and make the nation proud."
    Alex Salmond, First Minister of Scotland, Scottish National Party

  9. #79
    Traditional
    hiswoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Last Seen
    04-04-13 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,051
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: How satisfied are you with your health insurance provider?

    I have no issues with my health insurance provider. The copays are a bit higher than I'd like, but they've paid claims on time and abided by the terms of the contract. I haven't had to do battle with this company at all.




    Gestures, in love, are incomparably more attractive, effective and valuable than words.
    ~ Francois Rabelais

  10. #80
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: How satisfied are you with your health insurance provider?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anima View Post
    Can I ask your nationality, scourge, so I can ascertain what you mean by "things we know" about universal coverage?

    Wait times vary from procedure to procedure. Urgent procedures are performed as soon as space for one can be found on the theater rosters (the two relatives of mine who were unfortunately stricken with cancerous tumuours had surgery within a week of their discovery when such was possible without the prior need for chemo/radio). Wait times for non-essential procedures (those not required to preserve life or a basic standard) like cosmetic surgery tend to be a great deal longer.

    Referral to specialist departments tends to take around a week to two weeks at the most if one is considered at risk of having a serious condition, and two weeks to a month if one is suspected to have a more minor condition (for example, things like acid reflux or mild allergies.) The NHS is committed to reducing waiting times for all surgeries, and so far they're on target in this aim. Waiting times for all surgical procedures are declining, as are the waiting times for referral appointments with specialists, with the exception of psychaitry referrals.

    Bureaucracy? The doctor diagnoses us, we're referred onto the appropraite specialist if necessary, or treated in his office with presriptions and minor procedures. NHS patients face very little bureaucracy while receiving care.

    Co-pays? Healthy working adults pay for their own medications, unless usch medcations are given as part of in-patient hospital treatments. The charge for prescriptions is fixed at £5 in England, £4 in Scotland, regardless of the item prescribed. Healthy working adults also pay for their own spectacles and dentistry. Children, the unemployed, pregnant women, new mothers, the retired, the disabled and full time students pay nothing.

    Denial? The only way you'll be denied any treatment is you're not considered strong enough to withstand it (i.e. some surgeons refuse to perform non-essential surgery on the extremely morbidly obese due to the risks posed to them by the anesthetic) or if a specialist over-rules your general doctor and decides that medically, you've been misdiagnosed or would benefit more from a different treatment.
    What a living hell you are enduring there in the U.K.! How on earth are you guys managing to both out live us in the United States, have lower infant mortality rates, and spend far less on healthcare with such a hellish nightmare of a system as that?

    I can't imagine the nightmare of one going their entire lives and not having to worry about health insurance if they lose their job or have any kind of a preexisting condition. How do you guys stand it? How do you stand living a society where no one files for bankruptcy as a result of medical bills? It must be an absolute living hell for there for cancer patients to just get their treatment and not have to worry about going tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. Oh the horror of it....
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •