View Poll Results: Is health care a right?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    30 36.59%
  • No

    52 63.41%
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 219

Thread: Is health care in the US a right?

  1. #51
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    You are saying one is capitalist and the other socialist. I say both are the same, regardless if you call them socialist or capitalist.
    Well have fun with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #52
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Simply put it is the right thing to do. This does not make it a right.
    "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." Sounds like the founders may have had that in mind when they said humans have certain unalienable rights.

  3. #53
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,406

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Simply put it is the right thing to do. This does not make it a right.
    That's a flawed argument you are making though. For example, giving to charity is the right thing to do, but I am not legally compelled to give to charity because charities do not have a "right" to contributions.

    In contrast, hospitals are legally compelled to provide life saving care to individuals even if they cannot pay. Why? Because its considered to be a human right. Which is my point, obviously life saving health care is a human right, otherwise, hospitals would not be legally compelled to provide it.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  4. #54
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." Sounds like the founders may have had that in mind when they said humans have certain unalienable rights.
    And what does that have to do with anything? They also believed in a little thing called personal responsibility. Something most liberals have forgotten. They did not expect people to be given food, shelter etc for free either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #55
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And what does that have to do with anything? They also believed in a little thing called personal responsibility. Something most liberals have forgotten. They did not expect people to be given food, shelter etc for free either.
    Southern Democrat is right and you know it. If there were millions homeless and jobless, unable to eat, you would consider that a crisis.

  6. #56
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    That's a flawed argument you are making though. For example, giving to charity is the right thing to do, but I am not legally compelled to give to charity because charities do not have a "right" to contributions.
    I think your argument is flawed as I showed earlier.

    Just because the government forces someone to do something does not make it a right.

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    In contrast, hospitals are legally compelled to provide life saving care to individuals even if they cannot pay. Why? Because its considered to be a human right. Which is my point, obviously life saving health care is a human right, otherwise, hospitals would not be legally compelled to provide it.
    No it is not considered a human right. As I said just because the government forces you to do something does not make it a right. So I guess since the government forces me to pay taxes, it is a right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #57
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Southern Democrat is right and you know it. If there were millions homeless and jobless, unable to eat, you would consider that a crisis.
    That does not make it a right.

    That makes it a crises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #58
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I think your argument is flawed as I showed earlier.

    Just because the government forces someone to do something does not make it a right.



    No it is not considered a human right. As I said just because the government forces you to do something does not make it a right. So I guess since the government forces me to pay taxes, it is a right?
    According to the Consititution you have to pay taxes.

  9. #59
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That does not make it a right.

    That makes it a crises.
    It is a human right.

  10. #60
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    It is a human right.
    No and I have shown already that is just an opinion. Many more learned than you or I disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •