View Poll Results: Is health care a right?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    30 36.59%
  • No

    52 63.41%
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 219

Thread: Is health care in the US a right?

  1. #171
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    I've researched UHC from other countries before and invariably you will find that that system is in trouble, normally due to money issues. There was even a country where the UHC was failing but the private health insurance companies were working great. Sorry can't remember which country this was.

    What needs to be done is for a group to get together and research every country that has UHC and list all the pro's and con's that is currently happening with those countries. Find out which is the most prevalent con's and which is the most prevalent pro's.

    When this is done then IF people still want a UHC try and figure out a way to prevent the con's.

    Take the best of each countries system and improve upon them.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I've researched UHC from other countries before and invariably you will find that that system is in trouble, normally due to money issues. There was even a country where the UHC was failing but the private health insurance companies were working great. Sorry can't remember which country this was.

    What needs to be done is for a group to get together and research every country that has UHC and list all the pro's and con's that is currently happening with those countries. Find out which is the most prevalent con's and which is the most prevalent pro's.

    When this is done then IF people still want a UHC try and figure out a way to prevent the con's.

    Take the best of each countries system and improve upon them.
    A very sensible/constructive approach !!...I agree 100%!
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-28-09 at 02:03 PM.

  3. #173
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    A very sensible approach !!...I agree 100%!
    Unfortenately this is not what is happening in our government.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Unfortenately this is not what is happening in our government.
    So write your reps...They work for us....Tell them to make HC reform work, but don't try to kill it outright.
    The public wants/needs GOOD & REAL HC reform.
    Status quo should not be an option.
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-28-09 at 02:08 PM.

  5. #175
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    So write your reps...They work for us....Tell them to make HC reform work, but don't try to kill it outright.
    I honestly have no reason to think that they would listen. Take a look at what is happening now a days. We have Republicans calling Democrats facists, communists etc etc. We have Democrats calling Republicans neocons, racists, anti-american etc etc. ALL just because they don't agree with the other side. And through it all it has been proven that they don't even read the bills that they vote on. About the only say that anyone has in the whole issue as far as I am concerned is come election time when we can vote for who is in office. The only other way is if you have money and/or are famous and get on TV. I'm neither.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I honestly have no reason to think that they would listen. Take a look at what is happening now a days. We have Republicans calling Democrats facists, communists etc etc. We have Democrats calling Republicans neocons, racists, anti-american etc etc. ALL just because they don't agree with the other side. And through it all it has been proven that they don't even read the bills that they vote on. About the only say that anyone has in the whole issue as far as I am concerned is come election time when we can vote for who is in office. The only other way is if you have money and/or are famous and get on TV. I'm neither.
    I hear you & share your frustration .....but our political system is the only one we have, so we have to try to make it work. I think there just may be enough honest & decent pols from both sides of the aisle, that can eventually work together & forge a BETTER HC system than we presently have.
    Will it be perfect?....No Way
    Will it be better?...I think so (only time will tell)

  7. #177
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwendoline View Post
    Whether I give a **** or not is up to others to say - the ones that know me, that is. You don't know me, so you don't count.

    ...
    And once again you missed the entire point of my post and responded with an off-topic rant about how we're immoral if we don't share your point of view (which you don't even really share, regardless of what you tell yourself).

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Facts are facts, it doesn't matter how "tired" or "sick" you get.
    You also missed the point of his post, which is that it's ridiculous to compare those statistics without adjusting for other factors that have nothing to do with availability/quality of health care, such as lifestyle choices, societal practices and racial distribution.

    This is pretty basic stuff.

    Beyond Those Health Care Numbers - New York Times





    I feel like a broken record, but I'll keep posting this until people stop missing the point.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  8. #178
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    I think in a civilized, wealthy society, there should be enough compassion and intellect to allow all the right to be able to seek medical attention. The fact that many do not see this, simply shows me how much farther humanity has to evolve. Some of you are not far removed from barbarians.
    You have the right already to seek medical care... in fact, there hasn't been anyone in this country turned away from medical care in the last 20 years.... except from where Michele Obama worked that is...

  9. #179
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    "Is health care in the US a right?" - Blackdog

    No.

    Next question...
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

  10. #180
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Seen
    09-22-11 @ 11:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    484

    Re: Is health care in the US a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yes it is (please explain)
    No it is not (please explain)

    I don't think it is a defined by the Constitution in any way. I feel it is just another move by the government for more control over our lives, period.

    In many cases working together as a team is more effective for the greater good than everyone working individually and being screwed by the insurance companies whose only aim is to make money for their shareholders. As a civilized nation there are certain standards for our people that we should aim for. We are not some poor third world country whose people are left in the streets to die, are we?

    No matter how hard we study and work our butts off in this country to live the American dream, if one member of our family is unfortunate enough to get sick then the entire family can be sunk in one unlucky swoop. Any of you who dismisses the National Health system out of hand needs to pray that a loved one doesn't get sick. You'll soon change your mind on healthcare when you have to spend all your retirement savings to get treatment for a loved one. This happened to my colleague recently. Her 30 year old daughter was diagnosed with cancer. Her husband kicked her out and she was left without insurance. Now my colleague is spending all her retirement savings to get her daughter treatment.

    We should all be allowed to have our own individual insurance policies that no-one can cancel or take away from us because they'll be making a loss to keep insuring us. We shouldn't have to pray that some idiot doesn't sack us because we are sick and then lose our health insurance as a result. It all shouldn't come down to luck!

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •