View Poll Results: What is your religion?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Protestant Christian

    28 17.50%
  • Roman Catholic Christian

    10 6.25%
  • Sunni Muslim

    5 3.13%
  • Shiite Muslim

    1 0.63%
  • Jewish

    4 2.50%
  • Buddhist

    3 1.88%
  • Hindu

    2 1.25%
  • Atheist/Agnostic

    67 41.88%
  • Other

    40 25.00%
Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 404

Thread: What is your religion?

  1. #191
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: What is your religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    You just keep in telling yourself that, maybe one day you might convince someone that it's true.


    where did the universe come from athiest?


    Please link scientifically as to where it came from and what was there before it....


    game set match.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #192
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: What is your religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    P.T. Barnum was absolutely right.
    Yeah, who could construe that as being anti-religion?

  3. #193
    Professor
    OxymoronP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heart in Brooklyn, body South of Dixie
    Last Seen
    08-23-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: What is your religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    where did the universe come from athiest?


    Please link scientifically as to where it came from and what was there before it....


    game set match.
    Same argument applies to you. Where did God come from?

    Please link scientifically as to where it came from and what was there before it...


    THE GREATEST FREEDOM IS THE FREEDOM TO OPPRESS OTHERS

  4. #194
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: What is your religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by OxymoronP View Post
    Same argument applies to you. Where did God come from?

    Please link scientifically as to where it came from and what was there before it...



    I don't know.



    Stating god does not exist is as big a leap of faith anything .5 seconds before the big bang, and on.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #195
    Student Goldwaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Liberal Northern California
    Last Seen
    03-08-10 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    266

    Re: What is your religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    So Buddist do not follow or adhere to a set of beliefs or customs or have something one follows devoutly?
    Buddhists do not employ the concept of devout in the same way as many "religions". Unlike Hindus, Buddhists are quite flexible when it comes to things like one's individual good pathway to nirvana. There are the noble truths and the three trainings, but Buddhism in practice does not offer punishments for not adhering to them. Buddhism also lacks a deity so there is no devine oversight nor an entity to petition with prayer.

    Buddhists have a committment to thier own nirvana as opposed to worshipping a deity. I follow Star Wars and Star Trek devoutly.
    Each one of the founding fathers was a special interest group.

  6. #196
    Professor
    OxymoronP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heart in Brooklyn, body South of Dixie
    Last Seen
    08-23-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: What is your religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post

    Stating god does not exist is as big a leap of faith anything .5 seconds before the big bang, and on.....
    what?


    THE GREATEST FREEDOM IS THE FREEDOM TO OPPRESS OTHERS

  7. #197
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,205

    Re: What is your religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I don't know.



    Stating god does not exist is as big a leap of faith anything .5 seconds before the big bang, and on.....
    What the hell do you want?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #198
    Educator
    moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cebu Rep of the Philippines
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: What is your religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by OxymoronP View Post
    Alot of Gambino family members got killed it s part of the game.
    Major differences though, The Gambino’s fought back and were intent on killing their enemies and gain personal wealth.

    The early church leaders gave up their wealth, witnessed peace and forgiveness to their enemies and did not resist persecution but accepted their fates at the hands of their enemies.

    Moe

  9. #199
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: What is your religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    where did the universe come from athiest?
    I don't know. Physicists have some theories but nothing very certain. How is that faith?

    This is a false assertion that I commonly encounter. Luckily I have saved a response for the occasion:

    "I suggest that with your use of word 'faith' you believe you level the playing field and remove one of the atheist's more powerful arguments, namely that using reason when evaluating truth claims is superior to using faith.This claim commits an equivocation fallacy with the term "faith." The only sort of "faith" which might be common among atheists is that of mere confidence based upon and limited by repeatable, objective experiences. This is the sort of faith which can apply to the "faith" that your brakes will work, or the "faith" that the sun will come up tomorrow. This "faith" is only as strong as the evidence or reason allows and it is defeatable given new evidence or arguments.The faith you claim - religious faith in the existence of a god - is a very different matter - something Paul clearly recognized when he defined faith as the "...assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." (Hebr. 11:1) This is not the sort of faith used by those who think that the brakes on their car will work: this is the sort of faith used by those who believe without sound empirical evidence.The fact that atheists might have the former kind of faith and the fact that theists have the latter kind of faith does not mean that atheists and theists are operating or thinking the same way. It does not mean that we are forming and evaluating beliefs in a similar manner."

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Please link scientifically as to where it came from and what was there before it....
    As I understand it, we can't easily know what happened before the big bang because our rules of physics break down at such extremes. but I fail how to see this is relevant. This fallacy you commit is that same one the Greeks did by claiming that lightening was Zeus because the didn't have any other explanation for it. Its an argument from ignorance; it does not satisfy the burden of proof; therefore it is rejected.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  10. #200
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,891

    Re: What is your religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    nope, athiests have as much faith as the religious, agnostics tend to just not know....
    How do you figure that atheists have any faith at all, let alone "as much as the religious?"

    It doesn't take faith to not believe in a bronze age myth, reason and logic can tackle the trivial challenge.

    I mean, do you have "just as much faith" in your lack of belief in every other god as you do in the god you do believe in?

    How about a person who has never even heard of gods, so naturally does not believe in them. How can his lack of belief be a matter of faith?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    where did the universe come from athiest?

    Please link scientifically as to where it came from and what was there before it....
    There are several theories, from brane theory to white hole theory, but to ask "where" it came from and to speak of "before" it is to fail to understand the big bang entirely.

    All time started @ the big bang, so there is no "before" and all of space expanded from it so there are no other "places" for it to come from.

    If it came from "anywhere" it would be a timeless "hyperspace," a higher dimension that we 3 dimensional beings would have no reference point to "look to."

    If you demand a reference point for something "outside" this universe, its a bit like asking "Where is yesterday?"

    If you're actually interested in the answers to those questions, read Hawkings' Briefer History of Time, or if you're not a reader google/youtube "Michio Kaku" or some other cosmologist.

    We don't know for sure yet, but all signs point to their being a very large number of universes, ours being special because its one of the few capable of producing life... kinda like our planet compared to the trillion other ones in this universe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    game set match.
    What did you win, and how is it that you win by default if science doesn't currently have an answer to that question.

    A bit unfair and one sided don't you think? Scientists have the integrity to admit when they don't know something, and creationist go "Ha! See! So my god is responsible for it." Its never the other way around...
    Last edited by Spartacus FPV; 08-21-09 at 06:42 PM.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •