View Poll Results: McDonald's or Luby's - Which is a better buy for the buck?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • McDonald's

    8 36.36%
  • Luby's

    12 54.55%
  • I don't care (I weigh 700 pounds) - LOL.

    2 9.09%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: McDonald's or Luby's (or any other cafeteria)

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: McDonald's or Luby's (or any other cafeteria)

    McDonalds. For two reasons. One, I have never heard of Luby's. Two, where else can you go to for lunch and get a 20 piece chicken mcnugget, 2 double chesseburgers, a chicken sandwhich, large fries, liter of cola(thanks super troopers), and a seasonal shake?

    People that think they are above, or better than to occasionally eat at a fast food restaraunt piss me off.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  2. #42
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: McDonald's or Luby's (or any other cafeteria)

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    McDonalds. For two reasons. One, I have never heard of Luby's. Two, where else can you go to for lunch and get a 20 piece chicken mcnugget, 2 double chesseburgers, a chicken sandwhich, large fries, liter of cola(thanks super troopers), and a seasonal shake?

    People that think they are above, or better than to occasionally eat at a fast food restaraunt piss me off.
    McNuggets, yuck. Parts is parts.

    .

  3. #43
    Cànan a' Gàidheal
    Anima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    West Coast of Scotland
    Last Seen
    06-24-12 @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,741

    Re: McDonald's or Luby's (or any other cafeteria)

    Never heard of Luby's (guess it's an American place), but sometimes, you just want to eat crap. Expensive, fattening crap that has far less taste and texturethan anything you could make at home, but tastes like just what you want at that moment. It's a rarity I eat out, so when I do, give me a deep-fried battered pizza with chips and fritters over anything healthy. Or, you know, anything that actually tastes like food. Sometimes, grease is where it's at.
    "I'll govern for all the ambitions of Scotland, and for all of the people who imagine that we can live in a better land. This party, the Scottish party, your party, carries your hope, and we shall carry it carefully, and make the nation proud."
    Alex Salmond, First Minister of Scotland, Scottish National Party

  4. #44
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: McDonald's or Luby's (or any other cafeteria)

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    McDonalds. For two reasons. One, I have never heard of Luby's. Two, where else can you go to for lunch and get a 20 piece chicken mcnugget, 2 double chesseburgers, a chicken sandwhich, large fries, liter of cola(thanks super troopers), and a seasonal shake?

    People that think they are above, or better than to occasionally eat at a fast food restaraunt piss me off.



    I guess we are gonna have to dust it up them....


    I am way above eating at those places..... I haven't done a chain fast food place in 15+ years.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #45
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,753

    Re: McDonald's or Luby's (or any other cafeteria)

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Sugar. They all sugar thier meat and rolls.
    I saw how they make honeybaked hams. I was in one of their stores and had to go to the bathroom. Their regular bathroom was out, so the manager let me use the employees bathroom. Just before I got there, I managed to take a look in the back. After going to the bathroom, I left the store without buying a ham, because I had an idea.

    This is how a Honeybaked Ham is made:

    1) Hams are thawed out. They are shipped frozen.

    2) They make this concoction of sugar, with a few spices added in.

    3) They load up the outside of the ham with the sugar concoction.

    4) Then they use welding torches to glaze the ham.

    If anybody here is a welder, A/C mechanic, or otherwise uses a torch kit, you can make your own Honeybaked Ham for a fraction of the cost of buying one at their store. They have quite a racket going. LOL.
    Last edited by danarhea; 08-19-09 at 01:22 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: McDonald's or Luby's (or any other cafeteria)

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I saw how they make honeybaked hams. I was in one of their stores and had to go to the bathroom. Their regular bathroom was out, so the manager let me use the employees bathroom. Just before I got there, I managed to take a look in the back. After going to the bathroom, I left the store without buying a ham, because I had an idea.

    This is how a Honeybaked Ham is made:

    1) Hams are thawed out. They are shipped frozen.

    2) They make this concoction of sugar, with a few spices added in.

    3) They load up the outside of the ham with the sugar concoction.

    4) Then they use welding torches to glaze the ham.

    If anybody here is a welder, A/C mechanic, or otherwise uses a torch kit, you can make your own Honeybaked Ham for a fraction of the cost of buying one at their store. They have quite a racket going. LOL.

    I saw that on the History Channel.

  7. #47
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,753

    Re: McDonald's or Luby's (or any other cafeteria)

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I guess we are gonna have to dust it up them....


    I am way above eating at those places..... I haven't done a chain fast food place in 15+ years.
    Which means you should live at least 15 years longer than someone who does. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #48
    Professor
    Joe1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: McDonald's or Luby's (or any other cafeteria)

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    BTW, yesterday, I spent $14.00 at Luby's. For myself, I got baked fish, mashed potatoes, and spinach, along with a roll and butter. For my wife, she had a chopped steak, mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli, along with a roll and butter.
    Oh man, you're making me hungry! Luby's baked cod fish is delicious.
    Although I look at everything, I almost always get the fish, mashed potatoes, fried okra, corn and a roll, with iced tea of course..... good stuff!

    I just looked up Luby's ...it's basically Texas only.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •