View Poll Results: Would you boycott Eagles games because they signed Michael Vick?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    145 69.05%
  • No. They have a right to sign anyone thery want.

    65 30.95%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 139

Thread: Would You Boycott Phill Eagles Games After They Signed Vick?

  1. #111
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Would You Boycott Phill Eagles Games After They Signed Vick?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    more dodge dodge dodge.

    Those aren't personal attacks, those are my opinions of your argument here. Vick Vick Vick is all you say, but there are way worse people or rather people whom have done worse things in the NFL today, and I don't see you making threads about it, I don't see you talking about it. Why? Vick isn't the only one to have committed crimes and be allowed to play football, but you only talk about the Eagles. So it lends to suspicion against your reasons for this. If it were truly the criminal thing, you'd list a bunch of teams to boycott...but it's only the Eagles, only Vick. I have to question someone's integrity if they're going to tell me someone committed a crime and thus we need to boycott their team when they refuse to call for boycott on other teams with people who have committed crime. I'm sorry if you're offended but if so try to be more consistent in your arguments and it won't happen.
    You may want to read devil's history of posts so you'll understand the level of debate he is familiar with.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Would You Boycott Phill Eagles Games After They Signed Vick?

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    You may want to read devil's history of posts so you'll understand the level of debate he is familiar with.
    Why thank you scourge99.......A very good suggestion! (who knows...maybe he'll learn how to argue a point of view with some maturity & integrity!)

  3. #113
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Would You Boycott Phill Eagles Games After They Signed Vick?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Why thank you scourge99.......A very good suggestion! (who knows...maybe he'll learn how to argue a point of view with some maturity & integrity!)
    Calling a spade a spade isn't a sign of immaturity or lack of integrity.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Would You Boycott Phill Eagles Games After They Signed Vick?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Calling a spade a spade isn't a sign of immaturity or lack of integrity.
    Hmmmm.........I wonder what made you think of the "Spade" analogy??? (I caught your meaning)
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-18-09 at 08:42 PM.

  5. #115
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Would You Boycott Phill Eagles Games After They Signed Vick?

    For crying out loud, let him play. It'll keep him off the streets.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #116
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Would You Boycott Phill Eagles Games After They Signed Vick?

    Those of you who will boycott Eagles games will you still boycott if they make it to play in the Super Bowl? Would you watch that game?
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  7. #117
    User SicSemperTyrannis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Waterbury, CT
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    90

    Re: Would You Boycott Phill Eagles Games After They Signed Vick?

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    It does. Vick was not charged with animal cruelty. Regardless, DUI manslaughter does carry a higher maximum penalty than dog fighting, so I don't know what you are upset about. The Stallworth case had a MAJOR mitigating factor legally. The dude ran in front of his car. So the prosecution was rightly concerned with reasonable doubt. Who caused the death? Was it the drunk guy driving in the proper lane, but speeding? Or was it the guy who ran out in front of his car? The mere fact he was DUI does not mean it was his fault the guy died. Not quite so cut and dried, is it? Vick's case was as cut and dried as any could be. He did it. He did it on purpose. All the time. Like I said, they are not even close.

    Doesn't matter. You said we "valued a dog's life more". That is factually incorrect. We clearly do not.

    See above. Who caused the death? Witnesses said the guy ran out in front of Stallworth's car. Had he not done that he'd be alive, no matter how drunk Stallworth was.

    Actually, of the two of us I was only one who made any sense at all. If you don't want your irrelevant points picked apart, then don't make them.
    Actually the Stallworth case is very cut and dry. He had a BAC of .126 and was speeding and possibly running a red light when he hit the victim, who may or may not have been in the crosswalk. But the fact that the guy wasn't in the crosswalk shouldn't have gotten Stallworth any less of a sentence. You're wrong, the mere fact that he was DUI did cause the guy to die because multiple sources said Stallworth made no attempt to slow down. If he wasn'y impaired, maybe he drives the speed limit or maybe he hits the brake or swerves.

    Vick was charged with dogfighting, Stallworth with DUI manslaughter. Vick gets a year in jail, Stallworth 30 days. I don't understand how you don't see a problem with this. Vick's case wasn't as cut and dry as you think. No one knows how many dogs Vick actually tortured and killed himself, or how many were done by his associates on his property (which he is still held responsible for). The Feds say he killed 7 dogs but that number is disputed by many (some say he only 2 or 3 dogs). As I said repeatedly, I'm not condining dogfighting. All I'm saying is that I find it hard that out justice system can sentence someone to a year in jail for alledgedly killing 7 dogs but gives someone 30 days for getting hammered, speeding, and ramming into someone, killing him. Something has to be done to fix this, it's outrageous.

    My belief: Dogfighting is a rare crime and Vick was a star QB (although I think he was pretty overrated) and the Feds wanted to make an example of him. DUI is a fairly common crime committed and Donte Stallworth is a nobody who had one good year in Philly, so no need to make an example out of him. This is absolute appeasement to the PETA animal rights crowd. Horrible job handling both cases by the court system.

  8. #118
    User SicSemperTyrannis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Waterbury, CT
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    90

    Re: Would You Boycott Phill Eagles Games After They Signed Vick?

    condoning*

  9. #119
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would You Boycott Phill Eagles Games After They Signed Vick?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Those of you who will boycott Eagles games will you still boycott if they make it to play in the Super Bowl? Would you watch that game?
    No, I would not watch that game under those conditions.

  10. #120
    User SicSemperTyrannis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Waterbury, CT
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    90

    Re: Would You Boycott Phill Eagles Games After They Signed Vick?

    And to the OP:

    Will you boycott the Dallas Mavericks because Jason Kidd was arrested for domestic absue a view years ago?

    Will you boycott the Philadelphia Phillies because Brett Myers beat his wife 2 years ago in Boston?

    Will you boycott the Cincinnati Bengals or Portland Trail Blazers because their entire team has at one point gotten arrested for something?

    Will you boycott Major League Baseball for the rampant illegal drug use from steriods and PEDs?

    Will you boycott Lindsay Lohan movies and other assorted crap she does because she got arrested for whatever is she did?

    Paris Hilton was arrested for DUI, Mel Gibson is an anti-Semite, the list goes on and on. To make a "statement" by boycotting Michael Vick is completely assinine. There are a lot worse people in the world than Michael Vick.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •