View Poll Results: What do you think the results are going to be in 2010

Voters
1829. You may not vote on this poll
  • Democrats gain in house and senate

    127 6.94%
  • Democrats gain in house, senate relatively unchanged

    51 2.79%
  • Republicans gain in house but not a majority, senate relatively unchanged

    512 27.99%
  • Republicans gain a majority in house, senate relatively unchanged

    1,060 57.96%
  • Status quo, no significant changes in house or senate

    79 4.32%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 94

Thread: 2010 Midterm Election Predictions

  1. #61
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,749

    Re: 2010 Midterm Election Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    And now you change your argument. Instead of discussing divided government as it is constituted, you now only want to talk about Congress. Too bad that Celticlord was clearly discussing the legislative and executive branch.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1058189527

    United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    You keep ignoring how only rarely since 1945 has any one party held Congress and the White House at the same time.

    Constantly changing your argument to avoid admitting you are wrong is a sign of weak skills.
    And as I stated before, to hell with "divided" government. I want Liberalism to be destroyed and for a truly Conservative Constitutional form of government to be restored!!! Hell we fought, bled, and died to break away from Europe, why the hell are we trying so hard to emulate her??


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  2. #62
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: 2010 Midterm Election Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Shape up?? So I cannot be passionate about MY country and the direction that I do not want it to go in??
    Oh please. Cry someone else a river.

    Dear Leader is not taking this country in a good direction at all...but what you fail to appreciate is that the checks and balances in our government are not merely between the political parties, but between the governing institutions. The power of the Presidency is muted by the power of the Congress. The national agenda of the President is thwarted by the parochial interests of Congressmen. These things are true regardless of which party controls which segment of the federal government.

    What we are seeing with the anger over health care is public resentment of the incompetence and the insensitivity of both the Congress and the White House in tending to the nation's business. The people want the health care systems in this country made better; they do not want "reform for reform's sake." Congressmen are more vulnerable to this anger than the President, who is shielded from the voters' ire until 2012. Many Congressmen are thus put in a position where their political interest runs counter to the President's political interest--regardless of party affiliation.

    If the Anti-Republicans were truly a disciplined, unified party, they would be quite dangerous, as they would be able to enact more of their agenda. They are not disciplined, and, as the public reprobations Queen Nancy, Henry Taxman, et al, have handed down on the Blue Dogs illustrate, they are not all that unified, either. Their indiscipline will thwart (and has already thwarted) Dear Leader's ruinous agenda--thank God!

    You tilt at a windmill that is as airy as the wind itself.

  3. #63
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: 2010 Midterm Election Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    And as I stated before, to hell with "divided" government. I want Liberalism to be destroyed and for a truly Conservative Constitutional form of government to be restored!!! Hell we fought, bled, and died to break away from Europe, why the hell are we trying so hard to emulate her??
    Amusing coming from a man who has repetitively praised the Republicans despite the Republicans being liberals. If you want a truly conservative form of government, check out the Front National.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #64
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,749

    Re: 2010 Midterm Election Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Oh please. Cry someone else a river.

    Dear Leader is not taking this country in a good direction at all...but what you fail to appreciate is that the checks and balances in our government are not merely between the political parties, but between the governing institutions. The power of the Presidency is muted by the power of the Congress. The national agenda of the President is thwarted by the parochial interests of Congressmen. These things are true regardless of which party controls which segment of the federal government.
    Not with Queen Bee Pelosi and Dingy Harry Reid in lockstep with Der Komissar.

    What we are seeing with the anger over health care is public resentment of the incompetence and the insensitivity of both the Congress and the White House in tending to the nation's business. The people want the health care systems in this country made better; they do not want "reform for reform's sake." Congressmen are more vulnerable to this anger than the President, who is shielded from the voters' ire until 2012. Many Congressmen are thus put in a position where their political interest runs counter to the President's political interest--regardless of party affiliation.

    If the Anti-Republicans were truly a disciplined, unified party, they would be quite dangerous, as they would be able to enact more of their agenda. They are not disciplined, and, as the public reprobations Queen Nancy, Henry Taxman, et al, have handed down on the Blue Dogs illustrate, they are not all that unified, either. Their indiscipline will thwart (and has already thwarted) Dear Leader's ruinous agenda--thank God!

    You tilt at a windmill that is as airy as the wind itself.
    Wanna bet?? The Blue Dogs will cave, just like they always do!! The Democrats are more united than you think!


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  5. #65
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,586
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2010 Midterm Election Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    If healthcare reform passes with a government option (at minimum), I think the Republicans have a good chance of seat gains in both chambers (more in the House). That may not equate to a majority in either for them, but they will get some back.

    If healthcare starts to fade out, and fade out now, not much will change. If Democrats continue to push for it, even if it fails, Republicans will make gains. The degree of those gains depends on if it passes or not.

    Nothing will energized the Conservatives in this country like government-controlled healthcare of any form.

    To be specific regarding the Senate, if certain healthcare reform passes:
    Safe Democrat = CA, CT, DE, HI, IL, IN, MD, NV, NY, ND, OR, VT,
    Possible turn to Republican: AR, WA
    Probable turn to Republican: CO, PA
    I think if health care passes this year, and it does not have a major negative impact on most people(I don't think it will), it will be a mostly nonissue in the actual outcome of the midterms. The people it will most influence in voting are not the swing voters who will decide the elections. I think the economy will be a much bigger issue. If unemployment is still high, expect decent republican gains, if low, small gains to a status quo situation.

  6. #66
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,749

    Re: 2010 Midterm Election Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I think if health care passes this year
    which it won't
    and it does not have a major negative impact on most people(I don't think it will),
    wanna bet??
    it will be a mostly nonissue in the actual outcome of the midterms. The people it will most influence in voting are not the swing voters who will decide the elections. I think the economy will be a much bigger issue. If unemployment is still high, expect decent republican gains, if low, small gains to a status quo situation.
    Ahh yes, back to that pesky little disaster of Dear Leader's.


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  7. #67
    Guru
    Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    02-13-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,962

    Re: 2010 Midterm Election Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I think if health care passes this year, and it does not have a major negative impact on most people(I don't think it will), it will be a mostly nonissue in the actual outcome of the midterms. The people it will most influence in voting are not the swing voters who will decide the elections. I think the economy will be a much bigger issue. If unemployment is still high, expect decent republican gains, if low, small gains to a status quo situation.
    I agree with the statements on the economy also. But if healthcare passes, it will not go into effect until 2013. Many Conservatives will see getting out to vote as a chance to stop it before it is too late in 2013.
    "Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." -Ronald Reagan

  8. #68
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,586
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2010 Midterm Election Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    which it won'twanna bet?? Ahh yes, back to that pesky little disaster of Dear Leader's.
    I know this is hard, but can we maybe talk about the 2010 elections. Lots of threads to be all hyperpartisan in, and that are actually about issues.

  9. #69
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,586
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2010 Midterm Election Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I agree with the statements on the economy also. But if healthcare passes, it will not go into effect until 2013. Many Conservatives will see getting out to vote as a chance to stop it before it is too late in 2013.
    Yeah, but it's not conservatives or liberals who decide elections for the most part, it's swing voters, who I think are less passionate about the whole thing. You are much more on top of state by state stuff, are there enough states with large enough conservative bases that have democrat congressmen that might swing?

  10. #70
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,749

    Re: 2010 Midterm Election Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yeah, but it's not conservatives or liberals who decide elections for the most part, it's swing voters, who I think are less passionate about the whole thing. You are much more on top of state by state stuff, are there enough states with large enough conservative bases that have democrat congressmen that might swing?
    Right now, New York's Democrats are not in the greatest shape. With the recent coup in the Senate, and Gov. Paterson enjoying a paltry 18% approval, fortunes may just turn for the GOP in NY and perhaps we may be able to get rid of Chuck You Schumer and Hildebeast Gillebrand!!!


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •