View Poll Results: What are the health care reform protests largely based on?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anger or Mob Mentality

    4 9.30%
  • Misinformation or No Information

    15 34.88%
  • Genuine Opposition

    20 46.51%
  • Other

    4 9.30%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: Health Care Protests Based On Misinformation?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Health Care Protests Based On Misinformation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    It seems like many protesters of the health care reform bill are doing so because they are misinformed, or they are given no information at all.

    I heard somewhere that the President himself, in an interview, said that everyone is getting the negatives about the health care reform bill and he is trying to stress the positives to the American people. I believe this was in a Time magazine interview, but I might.

    I'm just curious to see how many people will deny this.
    Obamacare is going to mandate home visits to make sure you are raising your children according to the state's standards instead of your own. Your home and family are not your own anymore.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm9J4rNYzFM"]YouTube - That's the change they need[/ame]

    Folks this is just one more reason why you were not supposed to vote for Obama. We had a free country and you voted to "change" that.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Health Care Protests Based On Misinformation?

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    Well you proved yourself that a lack of information can lead one to draw incorrect conclusions. Maybe it is best to look into what we are already paying to treat the uninsured. Then compare that cost to what the current estimated cost will be. Just a suggestion, that if you wish to actually be informed.
    Sorry, but adding more people to the system and continuing to insulate them from the actual cost will cause more usage and thus rising costs.
    Adding more people to an insurance plan, in it's current form, will raise costs.

    I am plenty informed, no direction needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Comes Down
    You should find something more productive to do than beating up a straw man.
    Please prove that I have misrepresented the truth.
    I have provided the base argument of proponents for government health care.

    They want to, 1. add more people and 2. claim it will save money.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Health Care Protests Based On Misinformation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    It seems like many protesters of the health care reform bill are doing so because they are misinformed, or they are given no information at all.

    I heard somewhere that the President himself, in an interview, said that everyone is getting the negatives about the health care reform bill and he is trying to stress the positives to the American people. I believe this was in a Time magazine interview, but I might.

    I'm just curious to see how many people will deny this.
    Obama was pushing this bill before he even knew what was in it. Why don't you hold the President to the same standards as your political opponents?

  4. #34
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Health Care Protests Based On Misinformation?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Some would. There's $245 Billion embedded in the bill to bump up reimbursement rates for rural doc. There's another $230 Billion of "savings" by curtailing future re-imbursement rates.

    Basically, doctors get a bit of candy today, but no candy for the next 10 years. That only works if the doc is a five year old.
    It's an old "shell game" tactic, HMO companies used to do the "big money up front" thing to individual agents in the late 70's and early 80's, that was before my practice in the insurance business, but colleagues who worked at that time have told me the stories, HMO management hired agents at ridiculous commission rates to induce them to push their services and they saturated a few markets, then canceled all agent appointments and put entry level salaried "enrollment professionals" in place to pick off the rest of the market, shutting the agents out, it's not exactly the same thing, but close enough.
    Last edited by LaMidRighter; 08-11-09 at 03:00 PM.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Health Care Protests Based On Misinformation?

    Guess what?

    Even if the people are "misinformed" (ie, they lack devotion to the Messiah), they're still opposed.

    Guess what matters?

    The fact that they're opposed, not the presumption of their ignorance.

  6. #36
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: Health Care Protests Based On Misinformation?

    Its quite obvious that many of them are misinformed and thus arguing from ignorance. There are plenty of reasons to be against parts of the bills currently in congress. However, not too many of these protesters are arguing for more personal responsibility as a cost control, tort reform as a cost control, and so on. Instead its absurd crap like "Nationalizing Health care", Medicare recipients railing against "socialism" the very definition of hypocrisy on their part, and supposed "death panels".
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  7. #37
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: Health Care Protests Based On Misinformation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Obama was pushing this bill before he even knew what was in it. Why don't you hold the President to the same standards as your political opponents?
    Because the president is not some loon claiming there will be government death panels and the president is not some hypocrite on Medicare railing against the disabled and asking them "why should I pay for your medical care".
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Health Care Protests Based On Misinformation?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Because the president is not some loon claiming there will be government death panels and the president is not some hypocrite on Medicare railing against the disabled and asking them "why should I pay for your medical care".
    No, the president is some hypocrite who will NEVER have to suffer the indignities of socialized medicine or fear that the country he ruined will decide to ration HIS care.

    AND....unless the government has UNLIMITED funds to provide all healthcare for everyone, the wonderful people who gave you the DMV will be deciding how to allocate their limited resources (your tax dollars) for the best return they can get from it. Not the best return you can get, but the best return for them.

    That's how bureaucracies work in the real world. Even in a real world with a Messiah in it.

  9. #39
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: Health Care Protests Based On Misinformation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No, the president is some hypocrite who will NEVER have to suffer the indignities of socialized medicine or fear that the country he ruined will decide to ration HIS care.

    AND....unless the government has UNLIMITED funds to provide all healthcare for everyone, the wonderful people who gave you the DMV will be deciding how to allocate their limited resources (your tax dollars) for the best return they can get from it. Not the best return you can get, but the best return for them.

    That's how bureaucracies work in the real world. Even in a real world with a Messiah in it.
    1. No bills up for consideration provide for a single payer system so nothing would be rationed beyond what current private insurers cover or not as is.

    2. Obama is on "government health care".
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  10. #40
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Health Care Protests Based On Misinformation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    They are basically saying that, "We are going to add more people to the system and it's going to save us money."
    That is the base assertion of the proponents of government health care.

    Now tell me anyone, does that sound like it could be remotely true? Is that at all logical?
    Um, Harry, that's how insurance works. By making subscribers pay premiums and paying out relatively little each year, insurance providers make bank. Furthermore, that's how a derivative works. By adding more people, you save money.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •