View Poll Results: Where is it most likely for there to be a mass shooting

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Police station

    0 0%
  • National guard base

    0 0%
  • Gun show

    0 0%
  • NRA national matches

    0 0%
  • School/college campus

    27 69.23%
  • Shopping mall

    4 10.26%
  • Other (specify)

    8 20.51%
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 165

Thread: Mass shootings are more likely at...

  1. #1
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Where do you think it is most likely for there to be a mass shooting?
    Please be sure to state your reason, and any support for same.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 08-10-09 at 05:29 PM.

  2. #2
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    ....Firing range?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  3. #3
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,063

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Schools seeing how that is where most likely the people there are not armed. A shopping mall would be a distant 2nd since it is not as obvious if any of the people there are armed or unarmed. Shooting at the other places would be like someone robbing a donut shop,not a smart thing to do seeing how cops stereotypically like donuts.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 08-10-09 at 05:41 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #4
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    I would say a shopping mall, as most stats would probably support this as well, besides schools. If you were in Iraq, everywhere! Obviously, you are leading to people being armed as a deterrent to such crimes, and I agree. Honestly, I do not see why gun control remains a political issue. Research shows that law abiding citizens, with weapons, have given way to no increase in the crime rate, rather the opposite is true. It should wiped-away from the political arena and guns should be secure by the second amendment, case closed. Putting such rhetoric into political play is a waste of tax payer dollars that serves no purpose. Obama and anyother politician should leave guns alone.

  5. #5
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Where do you think it is most likely for there to be a mass shooting?
    Please be sure to state your reason, and any support for same.
    Where ever the people the shooter is angry at are.

  6. #6
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Schools seeing how that is where most likely the people there are not armed. A shopping mall would be a distant 2nd since it is not as obvious if any of the people there are armed or unarmed. Shooting at the other places would be like someone robbing a donut shop,not a smart thing to do seeing how cops stereotypically like donuts.
    He beat me to it. Though in addition of the people at the school/colleges being disarmed they are also concentrated more than a mall would (on most days).

  7. #7
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Honestly, I do not see why gun control remains a political issue. Research shows that law abiding citizens, with weapons, have given way to no increase in the crime rate, rather the opposite is true.
    Well, whether or not these law abiding citizen had guns, I doubt they would increase the crime rate either way. You know, them being law abiding an all. I don't think research was needed to figure this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  8. #8
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,156

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Well, whether or not these law abiding citizen had guns, I doubt they would increase the crime rate either way. You know, them being law abiding an all. I don't think research was needed to figure this out.

    Excellent. Then you agree there is no need to restrict the right of law-abiding citizens to go armed most anywhere, since they are law-abiding.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #9
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Excellent. Then you agree there is no need to restrict the right of law-abiding citizens to go armed most anywhere, since they are law-abiding.
    No, my point was that the research tlm spoke of, or at least the way he described them, is questionable. The independent variable and control group is ridiculous, to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  10. #10
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    In the movies.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •