View Poll Results: Where is it most likely for there to be a mass shooting

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Police station

    0 0%
  • National guard base

    0 0%
  • Gun show

    0 0%
  • NRA national matches

    0 0%
  • School/college campus

    27 69.23%
  • Shopping mall

    4 10.26%
  • Other (specify)

    8 20.51%
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 165

Thread: Mass shootings are more likely at...

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Yeah but we can't let pesky facts get in the way of a good guns, Gawd, and glorrray rant, now can we?
    I'm glad it's not just me that gets sick of people being swayed by their emotions.

  2. #72
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Yeah but we can't let pesky facts get in the way of a good guns, Gawd, and glorrray rant, now can we?
    Usually the problem with gun nuts is not facts, it's that they overvalue guns. Guns are a right, that does not mean you should sleep with it. This thread goes beyond that, and shows a gun nut with trouble with facts too.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Usually the problem with gun nuts is not facts, it's that they overvalue guns. Guns are a right, that does not mean you should sleep with it. This thread goes beyond that, and shows a gun nut with trouble with facts too.
    Exactly. I have my hunting rifle, my shotgun for dove hunting, and my handgun. All kept in a locked box in the closet. I care a great deal about my right to keep those guns. However, I haven't pulled my guns out of that box in a year because I never went hunting this past year.

    I don't understand people that single out one right in the constitution and act as if the entire war of independence was fought over that one right alone and that the war is still being fought over that one right today.

  4. #74
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Usually the problem with gun nuts is not facts, it's that they overvalue guns. Guns are a right, that does not mean you should sleep with it. This thread goes beyond that, and shows a gun nut with trouble with facts too.

    I thought your position was, that it was none of your business who or what I sleep with?

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #75
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I thought your position was, that it was none of your business who or what I sleep with?
    I should not be able to tell you who you can and cannot sleep with, but I can make fun of your choices.

  6. #76
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    gun nuts
    There are gun nuts, nascar nuts, soccer nuts, fly fishing nuts (there's a sport you can spend gazillions of dollars on that's about as practical as a tutu on a boar), golf nuts (ugh), football nuts (and I do mean nuts!), and so on. People get passionate about things they value.

    I think it is more rational to be passionate about the right to keep and bear arms, than 95% of the things that most people go nuts over. It is a right that is vital to maintaining a free society, second only in importance to the 1st Amendment freedoms of speech/assembly/association/religion/press. It is a right that is statistically shown to aid in the protection of the innocent against the criminal. It is the difference between a citizen and a serf, historically.

    Any cause, however worthy, has some proponents who maybe go a little overboard...in the case of football, lots of proponents who go WAY overboard.
    A silver tongue on the part of supporters is not an indicator of the value of a cause, nor is an excess of passion about it necessarily a contra-indication of value.

    There are many of us who are quick to leap to the support or defense of the 2A in any sense where it is an issue, and perhaps sometimes we suffer from an excess of zeal...but this is because many of us firmly believe in the value of it. As Barry Goldwater said, "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

    Mao Tse Tung said "all political power grows from the barrel of a gun." I'd reverse that and say that so does Liberty, through the power of the armed citizenry: because an armed citizenry can only be pushed so far by their government.

    So I hereby declare today to be Hug a Gun Nut Day, and tell them how much you appreciate the fact that their existence helps keep your government at least somewhat in check.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #77
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    It is a right that is vital to maintaining a free society
    I disagree with this statement. I do not think that is true in this country any more.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    But I doubt if the damn gun lovers know how to read and write.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Mass shootings are more likely at...This type of baiting and trolling is completely unnecessary. Please don't do it again.

  9. #79
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I disagree with this statement. I do not think that is true in this country any more.

    May you never have to find out otherwise.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #80
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    May you never have to find out otherwise.
    I hope so too. Thankfully I am pretty confident I got nothing to worry about.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •