View Poll Results: Where is it most likely for there to be a mass shooting

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Police station

    0 0%
  • National guard base

    0 0%
  • Gun show

    0 0%
  • NRA national matches

    0 0%
  • School/college campus

    27 69.23%
  • Shopping mall

    4 10.26%
  • Other (specify)

    8 20.51%
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 165

Thread: Mass shootings are more likely at...

  1. #61
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Umm, because people in general are less likely to be found in highly secured areas. Just a guess though....
    What highly secure areas?
    Gun shows? The national matches? NG bases?

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    What highly secure areas?
    Gun shows? The national matches? NG bases?
    Police stations, national guard bases and gun shows don't happen with enough frequency to even be considered.

    A school is always there, always populated, and always left with unfettered access. The issue of mass shootings isn't a 2nd amendment issue. It's a crazy people killing people issue so its likely to happen where A) crazy people have unfettered access and B) where there are a lot of other people coming and going all the time.

    I...I can't even believe I got into this discussion. It's like arguing over what hue of blue the sky is on two different days.

  3. #63
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Possibly true, but this only means that the number of shotings would be less, in proportion to the number of people.
    Show that the number of people is proportional to the number of shootings.
    That is taking what I am saying way beyond what I am saying. To put it another way, there are more factors at work than availability of guns.

  4. #64
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Police stations, national guard bases and gun shows don't happen with enough frequency to even be considered.
    I see you changed your argument from 'highly secured areas' to 'not enough people'.
    But, whatever. Show this to be true.

    A school is always there, always populated, and always left with unfettered access.
    Always there? yes. The rest? No.

    The issue of mass shootings isn't a 2nd amendment issue. It's a crazy people killing people issue so its likely to happen where A) crazy people have unfettered access and B) where there are a lot of other people coming and going all the time.
    You keep saying that. Repeating it doesnt make it true.

  5. #65
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is taking what I am saying way beyond what I am saying. To put it another way, there are more factors at work than availability of guns.
    Like... what?
    And how do those factors not also apply to places where there are guns?

  6. #66
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Like... what?
    And how do those factors not also apply to places where there are guns?
    Like concentrations of people. Like where people go regularly(I noticed you did not include workplace on your list).

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I see you changed your argument from 'highly secured areas' to 'not enough people'.
    But, whatever. Show this to be true.
    I see you are having an off day with your reading comprehension. The whole argument has been all along that highly secured areas don't have a lot of people. But whatever, this is what happens any time anyone tries to engage you.

    Always there? yes. The rest? No.
    The rest? Yes. Too bad you find that inconvenient.

    You keep saying that. Repeating it doesnt make it true.
    You're right. Repeating it doesn't make it true. The fact that it's true is what makes it true.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Statistically speaking, schools are at the safest levels they've been in two decades, and are proportionally much safer than anywhere else the average kid will be during a 24 hour period.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Statistically speaking, schools are at the safest levels they've been in two decades, and are proportionally much safer than anywhere else the average kid will be during a 24 hour period.
    Yeah but we can't let pesky facts get in the way of a good guns, Gawd, and glorrray rant, now can we?

  10. #70
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    My assessment was based on how you presented it. Now that you've added more description to the study, you'll notice that it's quite different from where you started. At first you made it seem like the study was about law abiding citizens themselves, but now it's the area where these law abiding citizens are found.

    I'm just going off on what you are presenting here.
    My apologies, I thought you were familiar with the research.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •