View Poll Results: Where is it most likely for there to be a mass shooting

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Police station

    0 0%
  • National guard base

    0 0%
  • Gun show

    0 0%
  • NRA national matches

    0 0%
  • School/college campus

    27 69.23%
  • Shopping mall

    4 10.26%
  • Other (specify)

    8 20.51%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 165

Thread: Mass shootings are more likely at...

  1. #151
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you admit now that it is statistically more likely at schools than gun shows now?
    I dont recall ever saying it wasn't.
    But you're trying to equate "statiscially more likely" to "explains whe itts neve rhappend". The ONLY way you can do this is to compare the sttictial likely hood to the number of people involved -- someting you cannot do.

    Any person is just as likely to be a target as any other person; the only difference is where that person is likely to be when the killer chooses to engage. The killers do NOT choose to engare at places where there are lots of people with guns. Why?

    Prove it.
    Prove that anyone at any time at any place can be a target?
    This proves itself.

    Prove that there is a reason why the killers do not choose to engage their targets where there are also large numbers of guns?
    Easy: it hasn't happened.

  2. #152
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,306
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I dont recall ever saying it wasn't.
    But you're trying to equate "statiscially more likely" to "explains whe itts neve rhappend". The ONLY way you can do this is to compare the sttictial likely hood to the number of people involved -- someting you cannot do.

    Any person is just as likely to be a target as any other person; the only difference is where that person is likely to be when the killer chooses to engage. The killers do NOT choose to engare at places where there are lots of people with guns. Why?


    Prove that anyone at any time at any place can be a target?
    This proves itself.

    Prove that there is a reason why the killers do not choose to engage their targets where there are also large numbers of guns?
    Easy: it hasn't happened.
    It could have never happened because there has not yet been an instance when the killer's target was at a gun show when they wanted to kill them. Just because something has not happened does not mean it cannot. Even if it could not happen, it still could be for reasons other than the presence of guns. So once again, show some evidence that schools are more likely to be targeted by mass killers than gun shows due to the presence of guns at a gun show.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It could have never happened because there has not yet been an instance when the killer's target was at a gun show when they wanted to kill them. Just because something has not happened does not mean it cannot. Even if it could not happen, it still could be for reasons other than the presence of guns. So once again, show some evidence that schools are more likely to be targeted by mass killers than gun shows due to the presence of guns at a gun show.
    I have decided that this discussion is about as much fun as banging my head on a brick wall. This person is not interested in understanding why such crimes happen, and the role that firearms play in them. He just wants to wear you down so he can reaffirm the rightness of his own views. He isn't capable of objective thought.

  4. #154
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,306
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I have decided that this discussion is about as much fun as banging my head on a brick wall. This person is not interested in understanding why such crimes happen, and the role that firearms play in them. He just wants to wear you down so he can reaffirm the rightness of his own views. He isn't capable of objective thought.
    To use a police term, it's his modus operandi.

  5. #155
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It could have never happened because there has not yet been an instance when the killer's target was at a gun show when they wanted to kill them.
    There is absoluely NO way you can assume that.
    Thus, everythng based on that assumption is invalid.

    Any person is just as likely to be a target as any other person; the only difference is where that person is likely to be when the killer chooses to engage. The killers do NOT choose to engare at places where there are lots of people with guns. Why?

  6. #156
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    To use a police term, it's his modus operandi.
    If you want to concede the argument, go ahead.
    Otherwise, stop whining.

  7. #157
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,306
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    There is absoluely NO way you can assume that.
    Thus, everythng based on that assumption is invalid.

    Any person is just as likely to be a target as any other person; the only difference is where that person is likely to be when the killer chooses to engage. The killers do NOT choose to engare at places where there are lots of people with guns. Why?
    I am not assuming it, I am offering it as a possibility. I know that is a subtle difference, but hopefully you will follow that simple difference. Note though, that you are assuming, based on zero evidence, that the reason no one has shot up a gun show is because there are guns there. Until you can prove, or even show evidence, that the reason no one has shot up a gun show is the presence of guns, your question is meaningless and without merit.

  8. #158
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,306
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    If you want to concede the argument, go ahead.
    Otherwise, stop whining.
    No one has conceded anything. We are just laughing at you vainly struggling to defend a failed position.

  9. #159
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No one has conceded anything. We are just laughing at you vainly struggling to defend a failed position.
    Funny... I'm laughing at YOU for the same thing.

  10. #160
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Mass shootings are more likely at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am not assuming it, I am offering it as a possibility.
    That and $1.00 proves you have enough money to buy a an order of froied an McD.

    Note though, that you are assuming, based on zero evidence, that the reason no one has shot up a gun show is because there are guns there.
    I am? Have I claimed that?
    Or, have I continually asked for a supportable reason to think that the available of guns is NOT a factor?
    Its a subtle difference; hopefully you will follow that simple difference

    And so, I ask again:
    Why do killers NOT choose to engage their targets at places where there are lots of people with guns.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •